• Myc likes this

#22 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:16 AM

Hmmm. wow that would be some fast growth. That was a piece of tissue or cap/spores? I'm thinking possibly cobweb mold?  Cant tell for sure but you'll know soon if it takes over in juut a couple days.

keep on keeping on though. , peace

• Traderkain likes this

#23 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:20 AM

If you pull this off, well, it's awesome that you are documenting it here
  • Traderkain likes this

#24 Furthur1

Furthur1

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 441 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:20 AM

Good luck
  • Traderkain likes this

#25 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:22 AM

@foster- it was a piece of cap...1 dried and pressed into the agar then hit with hot sterile distilled water and the other two were hydrated with the same hot sterile water then cut up and placed on to the agar

#26 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,864 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:18 AM

From the left-hand photo in your lineup, I would make a transfer to see if that's good mycelium.

Get the smallest sample you can manage - barely perceptible to the eye - and transfer to a clean plate. I would grab the tip of that "root" that is headed into the "o" of "cookies" (in the photo - look through the plate for the reference point). 

That looks like myc to me. 

• Foster, crazy1 and Traderkain like this

#27 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 11:24 AM

After a closer look, and not at 3am with worn out eyes, I think Myc is correct.

That looks like hyphael growth.

The almost root like structure with smaller traces of myc branching from larger ones..   good luck, keep it coming.!!!

But wow thats some crazy looking mycelium!    damn fine job man, damn fine! Inspiring me :)

Nice eye myc ole buddy. , so good to see you again btw.  much love bro!

Edited by Foster, 22 July 2019 - 11:26 AM.

• Myc, crazy1 and Traderkain like this

#28 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

I don't know what cyan myc is supposed to look like but those root like strands don't look like any contaminate i've seen.
  • Traderkain likes this

#29 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:40 PM

Little bit of an update on those three plates here are the photos below

Attached Thumbnails

• 20193722013707.jpg
  • 20193722013722.jpg
  • 20194522014547.jpg

Edited by Traderkain, 22 July 2019 - 03:48 PM.

#30 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Little bit of an update on those three plates here are the photos below

That middle plate should be nicknamed Albert Einstein because it looks like his hair and you my friend are a mad genius. First time I've ever heard of cloning, printing, or any such thing form dried material. Congratulations on what looks to be the start of something very exciting!
  • Traderkain likes this

#31 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Manure Muscler

• OG VIP
  • 1,017 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

I'd say its about time to get ready to transfer to another plate/grain. Good luck.
  • Traderkain likes this

#32 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,864 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

Now wait a minute!

The growth posted at 12:17 AM is significantly less than the growth posted at 2:40 PM.

I'm no longer sure you have desire-able mycelium there. That is quite a huge amount of growth for just over 12 hours. Psilocybe mycelium usually doesn't make all of those loopy spaghetti whorls. Instead it tends to branch - like lightning discharges look - always forward and outward - not usually looping back.

I also don't see where you took a sample for transfer. You should have already done so by now.

Edited by Myc, 22 July 2019 - 05:21 PM.

• Foster and Traderkain like this

#33 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:45 PM

Now wait a minute!
The growth posted at 12:17 AM is significantly less than the growth posted at 2:40 PM.

I'm no longer sure you have desire-able mycelium there. That is quite a huge amount of growth for just over 12 hours. Psilocybe mycelium usually doesn't make all of those loopy spaghetti whorls. Instead it tends to branch - like lightning discharges look - always forward and outward - not usually looping back.

I also don't see where you took a sample for transfer. You should have already done so by now.

I am worried the mycelium may not be what I'm supposed to be having and I don't want to ruin my plates when they get here.....

As for the growth I do not know how to reply to that I have it in my closet it is summertime and it is a dark closet closet

As for the taking of sample for transfer I don't have plates here they were ordered today to be here two days till then I thought about making a LC from Karo syrup and or PC'ed cardboard what do you suggest?

#34 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,864 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:51 PM

Don't waste your time with LC. Totally bad idea.

I didn't realize you weren't yet agar capable.

• Traderkain likes this

#35 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:20 AM

Um yeah , I'm kind of leaning back to dactylum (cobweb) or rhizopus. Some type of pin mold.  That's the only two I have personally experienced that grow like "Einsteins" hair (or mine).   Big, curly, crazy and out of control :D

It does look like myc might be in there as well, but  doubtful any successful txfers can me made now. If you see black dots forming on tips of hyphae / pin mold, or any other color, get it out of there FAST.  This stuff spreads like wildfire. Do not open these period.

good luck anyway. peace, foster

• Myc, crazy1 and Traderkain like this

#36 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

Update on those three

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190723_144334.jpg
  • 20190723_144402.jpg
  • 20190723_144317.jpg

#37 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,864 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:59 PM

Those are definitely not Psilocybe. Just toss 'em and chalk it up to experience.

• crazy1, DrepsiLocybe and Traderkain like this

#38 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

Way ahead of you, it felt irresponsible to toss them into the trash and leave them to grow so bleach was inserted and they were left in the sun to die before the hit the trash cans...Sorry it turned out this way but it was a good experiment....ill be it and a failure......but a good lesson in what to look for. I appreciate all the advise thus far y'all have been invaluable with the knowledge you shared. I cant imagine the trouble one could get into doing these experiments blindly and without helpful knowledgeable advisors....scary. I'll try pushing a dry piece into agar when they get here tomorrow and try to get it that way hopefully, so stay tuned the experimentation is only beginning,....
I'll post pics when the new plates arrive, Thanks again everyone.
  • Foster, Myc and crazy1 like this

#39 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

So, interesting enough today a friend walks over to me at the green house I'm growing in and says hey I have some dried Hawaiians at my house care to partake? My first thought was....Yes I will take a few caps with me for the agar plates that just arrived.....till I said it out loud and he replied "no I meant to eat them now".... I laughed and told him I had running around to do still and asked for a rain check. He was gracious enough to give me one full dried cap for the road and said "eat that later and let me know I only usually take one cap". Now I am not sure how much one needs , but I'm not eating all of it...nope this just became a dried Cyanescens / Hawaiian cloning thread success or failure.... got to love how the universe works....ill post photos later for the group.
  • crazy1 likes this

#40 Traderkain

Traderkain

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:52 PM

The Hawaiian.........

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• Boebs likes this