• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

As they are cheap and not illegal to buy, I decided to order a syringe of spores.
(I tend to delve into exotic adventures for the mere excitement of it.)
Now, it was not with the intent of growing copious amounts of fugi, especially not to destribute-- BUT, I do have a large snake tank under my bed. . .

Reading a lot of the threads, it's obvious that in order to maximize success there are lots of crucial conditions that must be met. All I am wondering-- and I guess I should have asked this before I bought the syringe-- is, If I hid a cake or layer of brown rice flour materials, etc., (as directed in a cultivation manual,) under the aspen bedding of the tank, (which is already kept very humid,) and inoculated it, would anything grow?

Now, I would follow the manual as well as I could accept for the modifying it for a snake tank: decontamination of the layer, and what not.

The reason for my stealth is that my housing condition isn't exactly ideal.

I think I would actually prefer small, malnourished mushrooms, as to not draw too much attention.

What kind of chances do I have? And if none, how long do the spores live in the syringe? I might be moving in a year, or less; I could give the experiment the attention it deserves.
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks! :D

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

pretty much the only thing you'd grow is nasty molds.
what you want is the invitro tek

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:46 PM

click that yellow link in my last post for more info on the tek

#4 Jetson

Jetson

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:07 PM

Seems do-able! thanks :)

#5 alpiner

alpiner

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:23 PM

except a outdoor tek but that is not what I would reccomend for a beginner
have fun and play with some edibles too, oyster mushrooms can teach you allot and totally legal

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!