• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 verdmont

verdmont

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

Hello all. I'm currently in the process of colonizing jars. I've done everything right, but it seems now after 19 days the Mycelium has been growing incredibly slow. Is this a common thing? There doesn't seem to be any contaminants showing in the jars, and the area I'm keeping them in stays between 72-80 degrees. I have the jars in a sterile tub with the cover drilled out for air. If there's anything I'm doing wrong (besides being incredibly impatient) please inform me. I'm really interested in this whole process and would greatly value any help  provided. Thanks in advance!!

Edited by Myc, 22 July 2019 - 05:11 PM.

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,146 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:42 PM

What kind of substrate, jar size? What strain?

• Thacan likes this

#3 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,928 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:36 PM

Welcome to 'Topia!

Pictures would be helpful as well.

#4 verdmont

verdmont

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:39 AM

The jars I used were 16oz. I'll take pics later today after work. Thanks for the quick replies!!

#5 verdmont

verdmont

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:41 AM

Oh and the strain is B+. I picked it because it was recommended as a easy strain to grow for a beginner.
  • roc likes this

#6 Thacan

Thacan

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 11:02 AM

I am a complete novelist, but I read a lot.  Assuming the standard PF tek...   From what I've read and limited experience, I think 3 to 4 weeks to full colonization is not unusual.  Then another week or two for pinning.  Fruiting is fast by comparison.  Your temperature range is fine.  If you are using brown rice flower (BRF), then there aren't many variables to tweak as far as the substrate goes, but (depending where you live) I would use spring water rather than tap water.  This may be complete BS, but I read somewhere that if you have compost run-off water that would be the best.  I'm going to give that a try someday.

Seek and follow whatever advice onediadem, roc, and the other pros offer.

good luck and take care

#7 verdmont

verdmont

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

Thanks all for the advice and guidance. Not sure if my replies are showing up yet. But regardless I appreciate the feedback  

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,146 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

16 oz PF size jars will take you a blot longer to colonize, unless your doing grain?

#9 Spark

Spark

OG

• Free Member
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:19 PM

https://<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FQLOUDUP%2Fvideos%2F719296441816443%2F&show_text=0&width=476" width="476" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Edited by Spark, 23 July 2019 - 05:20 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!