Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

REAL beginners question: how is my TC growkit going?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gelsse

gelsse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 11:12 AM

Hi!

I am a real, real beginner when it comes to growing mushrooms. The thing i started with is a Treasure Coast growbag. I started the kit on july 11th, and this is how it looks now, july 26th:
Pinning has started like 3 days ago, and I can count around 35 pins at this moment. I know TC can be a bit on the slower side, but my question is about the white funghi on the pins: is this normal? And some advice on humidity maybe? I spray the sides of the grownbag once every day.

And the good news is: I just ordered a pressure canner  :rolleyes: So I can start making my own cakes!!!

treasurecoast_growkit.jpg

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:11 PM

Looks to me like humidity is high... Myc will often start growing on the fruit bodies themselves when the humidty is through the roof... I would say that you are likely in good shape... Increase FAE (Fresh Air Exchange aka fanning) a little if you are concerned...

#3 gelsse

gelsse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for the fast reply. Luckily for me that was what I was already thinking. I will spray a bit less water in the coming days.

#4 gelsse

gelsse

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

July 7 I could harvest. The middle stayed mostly a big open spot. But around the edges of the kit I picked 99 grams fresh.
I read the first flush of TC they might be a bit smaller... We'll see the next round.

Edited by gelsse, 08 August 2019 - 03:33 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!