• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 ToxicEnigma

ToxicEnigma

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 08:31 PM

So just my luck after five years away from growing shroomery goes down right when I'm ready to start a grow again.
I was given 5 prints by a member on the other forum 2 pf redspore. A PESA and 2 Pan Cayan. Having been a while since I last grew I decided to go back to basics and do the PF tek. I did five jars with the standard recipe and inoculated with redspore.
I also did five jars with a modified version of the PF tek using composted manure from a bag for the Pan Cayans. But now I'm wondering if the recipe even has a chance of working? The recipe I used is 2 cups vermiculite, .5 cups BRF and .5 cups composted manure (cow manure and peat humus). So what do you guys think? Did I waste the spores or am I worrying over nothing?

#2 TheOtherBarry

TheOtherBarry

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

The timing really couldn’t have been better eh? I’ve been occasionally glancing at the shroomery for ten years, when I finally decide to start my very first grow, what happens like a day or two after my first ever inoculations? Boom, shroomery down.

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,722 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:12 AM

Welcome! Glad you found us!

#4 LooseBowman

LooseBowman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:44 AM

I was sort of a more recent member on shroomery. I really got in to it and was on that site constantly for the past couple of months. I had lots of ID requests. Mostly non active. But I'd been learning so much! And then the site goes down. And that's when I found my first harvests of wild cubensis! I still check Shroomery a couple times a day to see if it's back. Mycotopia looks like a good site with great people though. I hope that the Shroomery comes back but I see lots of potential here as well!

#5 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:15 AM

Lmao.. f that place.. most people are so rude there.. not as friendly at all..
Altho sad to see it closed down..
Means most will try to flood over here.
  • MycoBabe, Seeker2be, CallMeCrazy and 4 others like this

#6 LooseBowman

LooseBowman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:03 PM

This site looks good. It's definitely not as busy. What I liked about Shroomery are the rapid responses. If I had an id request, they were generally answered quickly. And there was a thread I frequented that was specifically about my state. I'm new to looking for actives. So it was rather helpful for me. And lots of people probably feel the same way. I only had one time I can think of where somebody was a jerk to me.

#7 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

Lmao.. f that place.. most people are so rude there.. not as friendly at all..
Altho sad to see it closed down..
Means most will try to flood over here.

Dude what ever your personal feelings please leave this sort of negativity off these boards

Shroomery is definitely a different vibe then that which we try to cultivate here, but it works for them and their members

some people like the sort of banter that goes on there, which is fine, it keeps them there, and keeps us from having to try to get them to conform to our communities style

That said shroomery has welcomed Topian's multiple times in the past when this site has gone down, and I would like to think that we could be AT LEAST as welcoming.

So welcome guys, hope you guys poke around and enjoy checking out our place

What ever this issue I hope they can get it fixed for ya'll

• Myc, coorsmikey, firerat and 8 others like this

#8 CallMeCrazy

CallMeCrazy

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Topia is my home. Everyone here has been super helpful, patient, and willing to share knowledge. I hope you all have a good experience here and welcome.
  • Hattrick likes this

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

IMO we really need to work together to create a robust and accessible archive of the vast amount of knowledge found at sites like 'Topia and Shroomery (among others).

To hell with the adolescent rivalries; we're all on the same psychedelic side (more or less) and the overriding priority of both communities should be the preservation of their respective knowledge bases.

The Wayback Machine is a joke and cannot be trusted, so relying on it will likely prove to be a major disappointment if these sites go down and never come back up for whatever reason (World War III, X-class solar flare, tyranny, etc.). And nothing lasts forever...

• Myc, coorsmikey, firerat and 4 others like this

#10 DragonFart

DragonFart

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:58 PM

I signed up for another site a couple weeks back before I found this one. I posted a message a never got any response. I was kinda bummed and didn't know where to look for answers. I was pretty excited when I found this fourm and im looking forward to being a part of the community!

#11 ToxicEnigma

ToxicEnigma

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

I didn't really think the drama there was all that bad, any other site that size has the same issues.
What was real nice with the site was tons of info all in one spot, and with the marketplace I started with cube prints of one strain and managed to trade my way into a full library of cubes and a few exotics before I had to shut down.
  • CallMeCrazy likes this

#12 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

I didn't really think the drama there was all that bad, any other site that size has the same issues.
What was real nice with the site was tons of info all in one spot, and with the marketplace I started with cube prints of one strain and managed to trade my way into a full library of cubes and a few exotics before I had to shut down.

It used to be pretty bad I will admit that. I lurked the site for years and saw a lot of rudeness but at least for the past 7-8 months since I joined I saw a major decrease in that kind of behavior. There's only one current member there that I often find myself thinking "what a dick" but even then there's someone else who will pop in and call them out on it. I hate there's such a divide between these two communities.

#13 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,339 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:44 PM

What Divide? OMC is one community. Different attitudes and personalities just hanging out under different shade trees.

• MsBehavin420, Thirdeyeplants and ToxicEnigma like this

#14 ToxicEnigma

ToxicEnigma

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:24 PM

Coorsmikey, agreed. If ever there was a time for the mushroom community to come together and work for mainstream acceptance it would be now. With the current intrest in microdosing and the move toward decriminalization the more respectable we look in the public eye the easier it will be to gain public support.
  • coorsmikey and DragonFart like this

#15 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:44 PM

OMC? And I get what you're saying but I still feel a divide amongst many members. Almost an "us and them" mentality which has always been bizarre to me in a psychedelic community. You don't see this much with other sites like nexus. It's mainly between shroomery and mycotopia from what I've seen. It does seem to be coming more together though but there's still a leftover feeling of animosity, at least from the my current perspective anyways but I hope that's just from my somewhat limited involvement with this community

#16 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

OMC= Online Mushroom Community (all of the related sites as a whole)

• Myc likes this

#17 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

but I still feel a divide amongst many members. Almost an "us and them" mentality which has always been bizarre to me in a psychedelic community. You don't see this much with other sites like nexus. It's mainly between shroomery and mycotopia from what I've seen.

Oh, and the solution for that is "higher doses, more frequently!" (standard advice from our founder, Hippie3).

The unique issues between 'Topia and Shroomery go WAY back. So far that most of the currently-active members of both sites don't know the competing versions of history and any continuing pettiness is just the last bit of inertia from that distant past slowly winding down, like how ice ages end I guess.

• Myc, coorsmikey, firerat and 1 other like this

#18 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,722 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:15 PM

I'm in agreement with the above. Ultimately, we are an online tribe of individuals who share a common goal - to improve our individual, personal condition (followed closely by improving the personal condition of those who surround us). And if we're lucky enough, we may influence the personal condition of those we have never met in real life.

"...we'd like to help you learn to help yourself..."

• Juthro likes this

#19 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,339 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

The only difference is SGFC's and respect for newbs. We promote one and not so much the other. Like mentioned above either could just be a preference. Other than that, teks from Shroomery are shared here and Topia's are shared there. our members prefer what they consider home but when one is down, hey we all get along right?

• Myc, Juthro, MsBehavin420 and 1 other like this

#20 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

"Higher doses more frequently" lol love it. I feel him on that. I'm familiar with the history to some extent. I've been lurking around since 07. Maybe because I saw a lot of that back in the day I pick up remnants of that vibe a bit.
Myc and coorsmikey I can dig that. I have a question though what do y'all recommend as a cake FC around here then? I went bulk and never looked back but I'm always down to see different approaches to things.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!