• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#21 ToxicEnigma

ToxicEnigma

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:45 PM

Kind of curious about that myself actually.

#22 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,472 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:38 AM

Yes. Your pan cakes may work. Keep us updated.

#23 Ziran

Ziran

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 03:39 AM

oof. that feel when you can post anything here.

#24 ToxicEnigma

ToxicEnigma

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 11:17 AM

I'm seeing first signs of growth in the redspore jars. Still nothing in the pan Cayan jars but at the 4th day after inoculation that's probably a good thing.

#25 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,478 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:02 PM

People, anyone who can follow the rules is welcome here.  Thats has always been true.  There doesn't need to be an 'us and them' thing.

The vibe at the Shroomery is not always for me, and I choose to hang here because I find it a more comfortable fit for me.  That is just a preference. I do not hate my fellow free souls, and I still recognise, and respect,  the vast amount of knowledge there. I hope that they get it going again soon.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to cause the Shroomery to go down?

• firerat, Baphom3t and Boebs like this

#26 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

Yatha’s Twitter acct says “We were alerted to a security issue and it will take us some time to bring our systems up to date and safely relaunch our website. We do not believe any user information was compromised. Thank you for being patient!”

#27 gravymonkey

gravymonkey

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

I found this site after the other site went daown as well.

I'm still learning the basics, but I'll be asking many questions when I don't watching the starter videos

#28 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 406 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:29 PM

I have nothing against most the people, just the shamers of firstiest tring their best and getting shamed for it.
Everyone starts somwhere, and this site has always been beautiful to me, from my first wild finds to my first hg flush. Always felt love here. Just people teaching people.
Spreading knowledge is why i came here, and i feel most found this place.
  • coorsmikey, Baphom3t and Hattrick like this

#29 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 406 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

To learn*

#30 chumbawumba

chumbawumba

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:38 PM

Everyone really is friendlier here, other forums would mention it from time to time. It's true. I should have signed up earlier.

• coorsmikey likes this

#31 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

we have freedom of choice if both there online. 

always viewed the ones attacking cause musician said this or that, always thought if ya not like it why ya listen, this is merica you have a choice.

#32 NatureIsMagic

NatureIsMagic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:30 AM

I made a post about my first grow on Shroomery two days before it went down. I got replies that my grow is "dead in the water", that I should start over and that I'm a troll, all this just because I started my BRF cakes in whiskey glasses with tin foil as makeshift lids, instead of canning jars. Luckily I recognized bad advice, and my grow is fine so far. Colonization is at 50%, no signs of contam, just two cakes out of 14 are stalling a bit.
  • Myc and coorsmikey like this

#33 LooseBowman

LooseBowman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:06 AM

I was relatively new to Shroomery as well. So I was used to it. I enjoyed the forum and people I encountered there for the most part. I felt like it was easy to navigate as well. I had no clue about mycotopia. The structure is a little different to where I'm browsing and not sure if that I'm looking for is in General Discussion, Welcome Mat, Here We Grow, or the Wild Foraging section. And I specifically miss the thread Official Georgia Actives 2019. It gave a more specific idea of what is growing where I'm located. I read and researched there daily. I learned that the mushrooms growing on my wood chips were gymnopilus-luteofolius. They were so weak lol. I had learned so much! But I still was on a quest for potent actives. Then we had a big weather change. Lots of rain followed by cooler and drier conditions. I knew that it was the time! This was also when Shroomery went down. I went to a pasture near my work where cows grazed. I looked over the fence and saw a mushroom and I knew right away what I was looking at. I hoped the fence and gathered them in a frenzy. I couldn't believe that I'd just known when and where and what I was doing. All of it I had learned from Shroomery. I desperately wanted to share my find in the Georgia Actives thread. I wanted to tell my knew friends thank you and that I'd finally done it! I still check Shroomery daily. I hope that it comes back. I like Mycotopia too now that I'm here. To my the people are friendly on both sites. I think it's like coke vs pepsi. If you were raised drinking one or the other you develope a bias. Even though they're basically the same damn thing. In any case, I'm glad to be here and I look forward to the return of Shroomery too.

#34 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:29 AM

......like coke vs pepsi.

Just to be clear, I’m not saying one is necessarily better then the other

But Topia is definitely Coke
  • TVCasualty, firerat, Attisal and 1 other like this

#35 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,087 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:51 AM

post-102948-0-56055800-1564584625.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• letsdocoke.jpg

• Attisal likes this

#36 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,447 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

Edgar Cayce, in his trance readings, called all carbonated soda pop, "slop."    So, there you have it, straight from the Akasha. 

Mycotopia is ambrosia, and the rest of the internet is bilge water.

• Juthro likes this

#37 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,540 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

You have freedom of choice

[Direct Link]

• Juthro likes this

#38 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,478 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 03:16 PM

DEVO!!! 

I still remember the first time I saw them perform 'Whip It'.    It was on the Merv Griffin Show, lol. (I looked it up, it was Oct. 16, 1980)

Christ, that was almost  39 years ago.....  How come I can remember that, but cant always remember people's names that I met last week?

• Skywatcher likes this

#39 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,736 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:37 PM

How come I can remember that, but cant always remember people's names that I met last week?

Or worse for me, forgetting what I walked into the room to get until I go back to where I was when I left to go get it.......

• Juthro likes this

#40 ToxicEnigma

ToxicEnigma

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 09:51 PM

I hate when that happens. Worse is going to the store for something, forgetting what it was when you get there so you walk around hoping something will remind you, end up buying a bunch of other stuff then remembering what you went for two minutes after getting home.
  • Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!