• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 Tneicul

Tneicul

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 03:59 PM

Wow this exact same thing happened to me. I just started my very first grow and t days after inoculating my BRF cakes and grain jars it goes down and I can no longer see the posts that I had asked for help on. But hey, mycotopia seems like a very good place to ask for help and get all the same information needed to get put on the right track. I'm impressed with this community the same as I was with shroomery. I've noticed that most of the same members in other forums mostly all come to this one. We are all the same community.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#42 Tneicul

Tneicul

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

People, anyone who can follow the rules is welcome here.  Thats has always been true.  There doesn't need to be an 'us and them' thing.

The vibe at the Shroomery is not always for me, and I choose to hang here because I find it a more comfortable fit for me.  That is just a preference. I do not hate my fellow free souls, and I still recognise, and respect,  the vast amount of knowledge there. I hope that they get it going again soon.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to cause the Shroomery to go down?

I heard it was a security issue that caused it to go down.
  • Juthro likes this

#43 Seeker2be

Seeker2be

Seeking Lost Horizons

• OG VIP
  • 1,357 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

I hope this wake up call to vulnerability of the sites brings out more camaraderie and cooperation between the sites.  Disdaining and demeaning have no place really.  We all need each other and there is a wealth of knowledge available to share.  May they solve their issues soon!!!

Edited by Seeker2be, 01 August 2019 - 04:43 PM.

• roc, Boebs and ItBeBasidia like this

#44 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,988 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2019 - 06:18 PM

Mycotopia has always been open to all in the OMC!

Consider us to be "Open Source" just like Ubuntu and all flavors of Linux.

Look forward to everyone sharing their experiences with one another!

Welcome to 'Topia!

• ItBeBasidia, Hattrick and brainnotworking like this

#45 Spiritualscience

Spiritualscience

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:48 PM

This site has much nicer people,but I am missing Shroomery's vast amounts of information. Shroomery is the only site that has nearly everything I search for. 

• roc likes this

#46 alounacara

alounacara

Picktish Texas Style...

• OG VIP
  • 2,778 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 02:33 AM

Everything you need is right here, I do not think mycotopia has ever gone down

#47 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:13 AM

This site has much nicer people,but I am missing Shroomery's vast amounts of information. Shroomery is the only site that has nearly everything I search for. 

If you go down near the bottom of the home page, you will see the vaults. There is information there from the old dicus boards.

Topia has been around a very long time and I'll bet anything you want to find is here somewhere

Peace

#48 LooseBowman

LooseBowman

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:29 AM

This place is great. Don't get me wrong. But there is so little traffic. I would check Shroomery a couple times a day. There were always many new posts and ID requests. I do a lot of my learning through id requests. There's just not as many people here. Or if there are they're keeping to themselves.

#49 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:16 AM

This place is great. Don't get me wrong. But there is so little traffic. I would check Shroomery a couple times a day. There were always many new posts and ID requests. I do a lot of my learning through id requests. There's just not as many people here. Or if there are they're keeping to themselves.

'Topia has always had fewer members, and proportionally-less activity.

But that seems to be changing as traffic has noticeably increased in recent weeks.

#50 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

It seems to me that there are plenty of people. I feel like not as many are checking in as often. I would guess there is a lower number of people utilizing mobile devices. That is just speculation and I may be wrong.
I did not really visit shroomery often but I have the feeling there is a bit of an older crowd here. Not saying that in a negative way by any means, but that would also contribute to lower mobile device users, which would also lead to less “checking in”
Who knows I may be off. Just what I have taken out of it from my time here so far.

#51 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

'Topia has always had fewer members, and proportionally-less activity.

But that seems to be changing as traffic has noticeably increased in recent weeks.
I get excited every time I see your screen name. Because of mine obviously.
  • TVCasualty likes this

#52 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:01 AM

I get excited every time I see your screen name. Because of mine obviously.

I noticed yours, too. And through them we're also revealing our age, lol...

Oh and FWIW, Summer has always been the (relative) off-season for 'Topia, if not for most discussion-oriented websites and forums.

It picks back up again once the weather and less daylight start driving us back indoors.

#53 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:38 AM

It picks back up again once the weather and less daylight start driving us back indoors.

wait... you have doors now?

• TVCasualty, crazy1 and coorsmikey like this

#54 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:43 AM

You can get there one day too if you desire so.

#55 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• OG VIP
  • 169 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

Oh and FWIW, Summer has always been the (relative) off-season for 'Topia, if not for most discussion-oriented websites and forums.

Haha that's good to hear. I think I was telling someone on PM something along the lines of "I think they have better work-life balance here???"

• coorsmikey likes this

#56 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:22 PM

Hell, I got me a whole house! But at the same time, I also have no doors at all. It's kind of weird.

I left my house (doors and all) two years ago to take a gig I thought would be the one I've been seeking for more than a decade, and it turned out to be a bunch of bullshit so I bailed from it back in February.

So while I do in fact own a house I am also currently technically homeless as I rented it out when I left. It's a surreal situation, actually. I guess I'm technically a 'Topia refugee at the moment, but in real life. I've been living out of an overnight bag since I left in February, and I'm glad it wasn't in my truck when it got stolen a couple months ago or I'd be both homeless and clothes-less.

But it's all good; I have a plan.

#57 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

We could hire a bunch of “less desirable” people to hang out in front of the house for the people leave.
Please tell me this is your plan.

#58 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,665 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

Nah, they're good friends of mine. They even renovated a bathroom while they've been living in it (he's a contractor specializing in tile and his gf works with him). Besides, I don't want to live there anymore anyway, and by "there" I mean the entire goddamned backward-ass region.

#59 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

It seems to me that there are plenty of people. I feel like not as many are checking in as often. I would guess there is a lower number of people utilizing mobile devices. That is just speculation and I may be wrong.
I did not really visit shroomery often but I have the feeling there is a bit of an older crowd here. Not saying that in a negative way by any means, but that would also contribute to lower mobile device users, which would also lead to less “checking in”
Who knows I may be off. Just what I have taken out of it from my time here so far.

That's the same theory I have. Definitely seems to be an older crowd but I'm down with that

#60 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,689 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2019 - 06:47 PM

Just because some of us have been here since the beginning of time doesn't make us old!

• roc, crazy1, Baphom3t and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!