So I prepared and sterilized an oat jar last night and came today to inoculate, but when I took the agar I saw that what yesterday looked like a clean plate now has something growing on almost all surfaces not covered by mycelium. Now I got tired of all this agar shenanigans and just took the jar to inoculate it with a spore syringe. Then I realised that the jar looks like it got penetrated by steam through the tape-covered holes, they were wet and there was a lot of water on the jar walls. I placed tin foil around the lid, but I guess I should've used a rubber band to secure it better.
I didn't make an injection point because I figured I'd use it for agar (even though I thought about doing it just in case), so I just injected it through the medical tape, then taped again over it. I almost stabbed myself trying to get the cap off the syringe, because the cap was stuck and I had trouble removing it, without removing the entire needle of the syringe. The needle went through the rubber glove I was wearing, but missed the finger.
As for agar, I maybe have 4-5 unused plates left. I have ten more coming, but since I had to order them from China, it may take longer than a month if unlucky.