• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:45 AM

The richest man in the world, who bought the newspaper of record in the nation's capital, while sitting on a Pentagon board and selling $600 million in cloud services to the see eye aye and never prints it as a disclaimer while reporting on same?  That guy?  That guy is spying on people and collecting everything they say out loud, everything they search or buy? 

Recent political developments seem to have rendered conspiracy theories obsolete.

Things have gone far enough to allow dispensing with appearances, and when you're not hiding what you're doing at all then there's no "conspiracy" involved anymore.

It's just "business" now. It's no longer a secret that the game is rigged and We the Peasants are as screwed as we ever were, because what the fuck are you gonna do about it?

The lessons of running whitewater apply here as far as I can tell; there's no fighting the current, but you can always learn how to read the water to stay away from the rocks, and maybe even surf a few big waves along the way if you're lucky.

Getting lucky isn't an ideal strategy to count on for life or survival, but it's how things seem to actually work and how the rich and powerful became rich and powerful. There's even some science behind this: https://www.technolo...ts-just-chance/

Flip that question around and the luck factor becomes obvious: "If you're so rich, why aren't you smart?"

And ain't it grand that all new cars come with active cellular connections whether you want one or not?

• Alder Logs, Oneyedraven and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#22 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:27 PM

By the way, this Binny dude is a Russian plant:

Please tell me this is sarcasm...please.

• Alder Logs and Oneyedraven like this

#23 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 9,358 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:28 PM

Sorry Cat, you lost me as soon as I saw Jimmy Dore..... 

I love ya brother, but I have standards.

Uh, your brother Alderlogs posted that stuff, I was de-bunking it.  C'mon Juthro, you know that objective reality is my JAM!

Btw, I love you too!

Had I been sober enough to think properly, I would have known better before I ever posted.  But those things don't often go hand in hand, lol.

Thanks for the love my friend :)

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

The reinvigorated international pissing match, with the Russians having found their ways back under our beds coming along so splendidly, the sector of the population that secretly longs for a nuclear Armageddon might realize its glorious wet dream before this new decade runs its course.  Meanwhile, you mug has been entered into the national facial recognition base with your last drivers license photo.  They literally have your numbers.

#25 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:54 PM

That interview was pretty much all Bill Binney and very little Jimmy Dore.   What was the content was, IMO, extremely important.

Edited by Alder Logs, 02 January 2020 - 03:55 PM.

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:50 PM

The richest man in the world, who bought the newspaper of record in the nation's capital, while sitting on a Pentagon board and selling $600 million in cloud services to the see eye aye and never prints it as a disclaimer while reporting on same?  That guy?  That guy is spying on people and collecting everything they say out loud, everything they search or buy? 

Recent political developments seem to have rendered conspiracy theories obsolete.

Things have gone far enough to allow dispensing with appearances, and when you're not hiding what you're doing at all then there's no "conspiracy" involved anymore.

It's just "business" now. It's no longer a secret that the game is rigged and We the Peasants are as screwed as we ever were, because what the fuck are you gonna do about it?

The ISPs hooking up the filters could be the next logical step.

…get out of line, the man come, and take you away…

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 02 January 2020 - 05:55 PM.

#27 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:54 AM

The reinvigorated international pissing match.

We ain't seen nothin' yet.

Qasem Soleimani: US kills top Iranian general in Baghdad air strike

Iran's most powerful military commander, Gen Qasem Soleimani, has been killed by a US air strike in Iraq.

The 62-year-old spearheaded Iranian military operations in the Middle East as head of Iran's elite Quds Force.

He was killed at Baghdad airport, along with other Iran-backed militia figures, early on Friday in a strike ordered by US President Donald Trump.

Mr Trump said the general was "directly and indirectly responsible for the deaths of millions of people".

Soleimani's killing marks a major escalation in tensions between Washington and Tehran.

Under his leadership, Iran had bolstered Hezbollah in Lebanon and other pro-Iranian militant groups, expanded its military presence in Iraq and Syria and orchestrated Syria's offensive against rebel groups in the country's long civil war.

https://www.bbc.com/...e-east-50979463

This is pretty much equivalent to a foreign State killing the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff of the U.S. Dept. of Defense while he was on a trip abroad. Granted, the Iranian General and friends were clearly people that the world is better off without (and why the hell were they in Baghdad??), but the world is arguably even better off than that if we can somehow avoid starting WWIII. This is to say that even if the fucker deserved it, Iran absolutely MUST respond since the worldview of its leaders demands such (same as ours). And the U.S. and/or Israel will then have to respond to the response, depending.

With each passing month (it used to be each passing year, but the escalation is really ramping-up fast now), friends and family and people I talk with about this stuff are finally starting to concede that I might not be crazy after all when it comes to my take on where the world is headed, both politically and ecologically.

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:11 AM

Maybe it's a good time to read, Edgar Cayce On Atlantis. How we keep this world age from taking all of us with it when it collapses, I am not sure.   I feel my house is in order, should I lose this old body, but still having it, I am condemned to keep up efforts to try my best to see we wake up and make it through, even if the efforts are futile.

That Russian Studies prof, Steven Cohen, was on C2C AM last night, and he's pretty concerned about this latest insult in Iraq by the empire (though that's not exactly how he put it).

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,024 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2020 - 01:22 PM

How Amazon is taking over everything:

[Direct Link]

#30 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 2,548 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 07:14 PM

So pokemon go was not what it seemed to be

A large scale experiment using remote control means to automate behavior

This was a good video on what the hell is going on out there with all this data collection. A couple quick points they made was that they figured out you CAN influence what people will do and think with subliminal messaging online. The second was the ability to do it without people being aware of it, get them to enjoy it even

[Direct Link]

#31 shiftingshadows

shiftingshadows

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:27 PM

It's just "business" now. It's no longer a secret that the game is rigged and We the Peasants are as screwed as we ever were, because what the fuck are you gonna do about it? ....

Well this is a very old post and thread - but I think the point is interesting and its implications are overlooked.

#32 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2021 - 03:55 PM

By the way, this Binny dude is a Russian plant:

Ugh. You had to bump this thread and remind me of this embarrassing take by...C&B

#33 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,272 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2021 - 10:47 AM

Maybe he meant literally, as in a noxious invasive species of weed?

This Russian plant has done untold damage to the U.S., for example:

image002_41-600x502.jpg

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#34 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,046 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 June 2021 - 02:07 PM

That actually makes more sense...let's hope you're correct.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!