• Please log in to reply
2070 replies to this topic

#2061 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 11:08 AM

Farthest I've gotten with Copelandia so far.. 4 days after inoculation to ELME and Peptone LC. Does anyone here think I should be suspicious?

193142567_597940727847381_775036949185655687_n.jpg

#2062 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2021 - 11:17 AM

It looks like myc from some form of fungus, maybe several kinds. Did you start with agar or did you start with spores in LC? Either could work, but I’ve never had real success with pans starting with anything except a print on agar or clone on agar.

Realistically it looks fine, but the only way to know is to grow it out.
  • Salty117 likes this

#2063 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 12:57 PM

I started with a Multispore solution. I plan to put a sample from the LC to agar when it grows out more  :happy:

#2064 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 May 2021 - 01:04 PM

I just didn't want to jump the gun on my excitement because I did that when I tried spawning some woodlover myc but it turned out to be trich and the growth was noticable within a few days time but that wasn't spawned to Liquid Culture.

#2065 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:55 AM

Cased 4 trays with pasteurized cacti-mix. 1 had cobweb so cased it and threw it outside, it's been in the 50's and rainy so doubt it'll recover.

Pans still break my mind at how fast they run!

• Salem and MushLuvR like this

#2066 Nurko65

Nurko65

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 57 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 June 2021 - 10:05 PM

Contaminant Mushroom 621.jpg Contaminant Mushroom_1 621.jpg This is a bit embarrassing/confusing. Started with a purchased spore syringe of P. cyan, Australian, went to agar and did a couple of isolations. Used agar to inoculate grain which colonized well and used the jar to inoculate a pasteurized manure based sub. What the hell happened? The colonized agar was very white and fluffy. Everything seemed to progress well. I have identified this as Coprinus comatus or Shaggy Ink Cap. It went from the short column to the long stem in two days while I was out of town. I wasn't sure what I had at first so the picture are from two different mushrooms. Any I ideas on how I accomplished this? Was it a bad isolation at the agar stage, a bad syringe or simple contamination? You will note pins of the same in the background.

#2067 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 10:29 AM

Pretty upset, woke up to my basement flooding and my FC fried... It rained last night which I guess led to extra condensation. My circulating fan died leading to a build up moisture which then killed my humidifier too.

Pans were just starting to pin and now the whole surface is matted from "rain". Pans are going outside with some other fallen brethren. 

I guess it's finally time to redesign my chamber and deep clean my basement.

#2068 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2021 - 12:43 PM

Well my giant compost tray has three pins on the edge. I’m afraid the heavy amount vermiculite in the casing is preventing good evaporation. We’ll see what the coming days do. I hate it when I do too many different things at once. Kicking myself right now.

#2069 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 1,062 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2021 - 01:07 PM

That sucks JR, in a perfect world, we'd only change one variable at a time, observe and repeat. :) :) :) Definitely not the world I live in.

That REALLY REALLY sucks Rocky!!!
  • Jrotten, SporeyMF and MushLuvR like this

#2070 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 June 2021 - 05:29 PM

It does. I have some half pint jars of PHV, TX, and Wild Coast of various amounts of compost colonized using the old spawn remnants in the jars as inoculant. Basically just added the compost to the old jars that were sitting with a few grains left that had colonized the glass. I’m thinking I’ll top fruit one or two and try to use the other two as spawn

It actually is a perfect time to try the Yoshi method I installed last winter since it’s so naturally humid right now. It did not work with the dry winter air.... My fogger bucket also has some airstones so I’m just going to push constant fresh air through the bucket with the airstones and aquarium pump running. At the moment it’s keeping the FC around 91% and the mist maker is on as a fail safe... for now it’s very humid and I think some hand misting can handle things if needed. When the ambient humidity drops and the temperature goes up the mist maker might need tuning or a maybe a timer.
  • SporeyMF, YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

#2071 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,486 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:52 PM

I’m really starting to bum. The compost substrate seems to work awesome. But I should have stayed with smaller faster subs. I’m basically at the second flush and there are clusters fruiting crazy... but there are so many gnats they’ve basically consumed what grew through the casing. Realistically they could have been fruiting outside this whole time. I just can’t leave subs lying around this long this time of year.
  • YoshiTrainer and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!