2127 replies to this topic

#2121 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 610 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:50 PM

That's wild. I've never seen gills like that.

• GlitchInSpace and MushLuvR like this

#2122 GlitchInSpace

GlitchInSpace

whitethumb

• OG VIP
  • 1,106 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:55 PM

yeah, neither have i. this tray is putting out a 3rd all abino flush.
  • MushLuvR likes this

#2123 MushLuvR

MushLuvR

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 308 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:45 PM

Freakin' BAD Ass Glitchin!   :cool:

• GlitchInSpace likes this

#2124 Nurko65

Nurko65

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 60 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:06 PM

If SWIM was going to start growing paneolus, how would I go about it? I'm assuming syringe -> grain -> substrate but what substrate, how h2o'd, are they better in monotub or some other arrangement, etc etc

Scott, many questions. All the answers are contained in this early on in this forum. Asura spells out a detained process when he initiated this forum, however I am learning there are more than one way to skin a cat so to speak. Most suggest going from spores to agar to grain to a horse poo/straw substrate. All successful growers, however emphasize that the key to success is selection of a white fluffy, fast growth on an agar plate.

Good luck.

• scott_1971_h, rockyfungus and MushLuvR like this

#2125 Nurko65

Nurko65

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 60 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2021 - 10:35 PM

Guys, can you take a look at this plate and suggest what the contamination is. I have seen this in the past, but on my latest effort, the majority (a few didn't) of my inoculated plates  show this. The virgin plates seem clean and I wrap all plates with Parafilm. This occurred on all the work I did that day including transfers and spores. This contamination prevents transfers from taking and spores from germinating. The agar was LME based with peptone and manure water. Some research I did indicated phages but this seems far fetched.

Agar Contamination 91721.jpg

• scott_1971_h and MushLuvR like this

#2126 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,776 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2021 - 11:01 PM

On the transferred diamond is a black mould, aspergillus or similar. I had a patch of my cieling that got wet and was a major source of spores for several years when it dried out.

The spores got into one pack of #10 blades I had, and for a week or so everything I touched turned black.

Try changing your 'bits'. Or PC them. 

(Is that a cat hair?)

Edited by scott_1971_h, 17 September 2021 - 11:03 PM.

• MushLuvR likes this

#2127 Nurko65

Nurko65

Mycophiliac

• Gold VIP
  • 60 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2021 - 05:03 PM

Scott, you did a much better job examining my photo than I did before I sent it. I am embarrassed and should have been more careful.

The diamond shaped transfer was made with manure water as was the agar it was transferred onto. Unfortunately I threw out the original dish but looked at a few I saved (to see what would happen).  I filtered most of the manure out but some particles got through as illustrated by the two additional photos I submit. I suspect that the black spots are manure particles but I cannot explain the "hair". I wouldn't have added this during the transfer or I should not be practicing this art! 

I appreciate your comments Scott, but what I was referring to is the whiteish film that developed on the agar surface.

Attached Thumbnails

• Agar Contamination 91921.jpg
  • Agar Contamination 91921_2.jpg

• MushLuvR likes this

#2128 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,776 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:50 PM

Is it powdery mildew on the first? The 2nd photo on the 2nd post was clearly not sterile (bacteria) but the first looks like normal mycellium. But then, Ive only just started growing Paneolus.

• Nurko65 and MushLuvR like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!