1243 replies to this topic

#1221 jakeoncid419

jakeoncid419

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 154 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 10:46 AM

The phv is the most aggressive pan I’ve worked with, idk if that’s cuz it’s a hybrid or it just is but When everything else fails it pulls through and it moves so fast seven days per stage (agar/grain/bulk/fruit)
  • Jrotten, ItBeBasidia, Asura and 2 others like this

#1222 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 235 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

Just the creation of an interspecies hybrid is legendary. I wonder how a cross between cinctulus and cyan, cambo, or trop would turn out.
  • SporeyMF likes this

#1223 Jrotten

Jrotten

Bedazzled and Bewildered

• Gold VIP
  • 744 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:53 PM

Well while y'all create new interspecies hybrids and produce canopies the rain forest would be jealous of, I broke down a bag into four small deli trays in front of my hood and set them off to recover.  This has been the failure point for every pan grow except the dwarf Sandoze so I'm pretty nervous.  I used Asura's bag technique more or less which has hopefully let me skip the most vulnerable stage for contamination and I'll be casing by this time next week.  MS direct to grain and then spawning which has almost never failed for cubes, has absolutely refused to work with pans so I have skipped that entire work flow.

I guess today I will try to get some more LC lids made up for the other plates I have growing out right now.  The Sandoze from the dwarf is the fastest wispiest thing I've ever seen, but since it came from a dwarf I'm not overly confident!

• ElPirana, ItBeBasidia, SporeyMF and 1 other like this

#1224 Toybox78

Toybox78

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:21 PM

Brooksville FL

No shit I grew up there! Damn that's pretty

Your friendly neighborhood toybox

#1225 jakeoncid419

jakeoncid419

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 154 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2020 - 06:59 PM

Yeah for the last few months I’ve been having issues with pasteurization it could be my cooker I keep forgetting to test it but I’ve been using sterile bags the last couple months also I do notice a higher contamination rate of trays once they hit the FC not that much worse but now that I’ve been doing it a few months I can say I see early contamination on average slightly more often with the sterile bags, However they still give me good results most of the time and I can’t get pasteurization to work at all right now so
  • Jrotten and SporeyMF like this

#1226 Jrotten

Jrotten

Bedazzled and Bewildered

• Gold VIP
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 05:13 PM

I really had no intention of actually growing these Pan Cambo Sandoze again, but as it turned out I had taken a print from a dwarf. My first and only print taken to date actually lol. Everything on the germ plate looked similar so I’m assuming this isn’t mold, and it is CRAZY fast. That’s a 7 day T1 and the whole culture is 10 days out from spore.

If something doesn’t seem right here, please speak up or this will go to LC tomorrow.

Attached Thumbnails

• D2F13835-C797-475B-AC1E-69B8F5DEEBEA.jpeg

• ElPirana, ItBeBasidia, SporeyMF and 1 other like this

#1227 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 235 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2020 - 06:25 PM

Looks very similar to my sandose fda722f8cc71e3f3983a101dab7ee1d5.jpg
  • Jrotten, ElPirana, SporeyMF and 2 others like this

#1228 Jrotten

Jrotten

Bedazzled and Bewildered

• Gold VIP
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:16 PM

Have you fruited your Sandoze? I got all dwarves and this was a print from one of those.

#1229 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 235 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:40 PM

Not yet. It's running on some manure grain containers now. From what I've been hearing though, chances are pretty high I'll get dwarves too
  • Jrotten and SporeyMF like this

#1230 Jrotten

Jrotten

Bedazzled and Bewildered

• Gold VIP
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:52 PM

Yoshi, did these fruit out for you? I broke a bag down into some little Gladware containers and they looked like that when they were recovering. Bruised where they did that the most. I just cased them and will put them in the new FC tomorrow. Got the “I never get this far with pans” jitters going on tonight!

https://mycotopia.ne...-1592336418.jpg
  • SporeyMF likes this

#1231 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

No JR, the sclerotia looking tubs did not fruit. I'm running some clones of them now to see if they form sclerotia again in a different sub mix.

#1232 Jrotten

Jrotten

Bedazzled and Bewildered

• Gold VIP
  • 744 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:25 AM

No JR, the sclerotia looking tubs did not fruit. I'm running some clones of them now to see if they form sclerotia again in a different sub mix.

did they overlay the casing?

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#1233 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 03:16 PM

Yes, lots of overlay, very aggressive on the retest too. I took one clone, from jar to tub and it formed a solid myc puck. The second clone is getting left in the jar to see if it forms sclerotia. I'm guessing one or more of the sub additives I originally added caused the sclerotia. My guess is traces of organic fungicide.

Edited by YoshiTrainer, 08 August 2020 - 03:17 PM.

• Jrotten likes this

#1234 Jrotten

Jrotten

Bedazzled and Bewildered

• Gold VIP
  • 744 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 11:51 PM

I'm not sure what I'm seeing is sclerotia, but it looks like I may definitely be heading for overlay.

#1235 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:42 AM

Had a sample of my homegrown Pan cyan "Hawaiian" on Saturday evening with two good friends by a lake. Got really lucky with the weather. Two of us had 1.2g dry, my other friend had 1g. Amazing mushrooms, I'm really glad I got to experience them again. For all of us, they were brimming over with light and joy...we all had mad wave after wave of giggles, something I've not experienced for a while, and it felt good. Really clean, clear and friendly mushrooms...light on one's system, with no body load or noise...powerful, but not as heavy on the system as Cubensis can be. Another nice quality was a pretty smooth come up, and a very gentle landing back down to Earth (the "falling awake" stage can be a bit clunky at times on Cubensis). It was certainly very enjoyable and satisfying but we all felt we could handle a little more next time around...I'd happily shoot for 2g next time. These are definitely one of my most cherished mushroom species, and I will most definitely be growing them again...all the effort put in to growing them was rendered very much worthwhile through that experience, and great being able to share in it with special people.

• p2p, Jrotten, ElPirana and 4 others like this

#1236 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• OG VIP
  • 363 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:55 PM

Samwise, did you just eat them? If so, I think I need to try that. I always do

lemon tek and the come up is like getting thrown off a building. What you describe

sounds absolutely sublime.

• Samwise and SporeyMF like this

#1237 Jrotten

Jrotten

Bedazzled and Bewildered

• Gold VIP
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:09 PM

I'm using a preset aquarium heater at 78F, surface temps stay around 76F.  I can get the trays a little lower, but there's no reversing that easily as it involves a grinder and the shelf legs.  I'm consdering a seedling mat on the shelf beneath the trays?  Maybe with a piece of foil covered foam board between the two so the heat isn't direct and gets radiated?  My new FC and the home repairs involving insulation are still keeping my substrate up around 73F at the warmest, but at 5:30AM they were at 69F which seems likely to result in slow frustration more than canopies of joy! HA!

• SporeyMF likes this

#1238 ItBeBasidia

ItBeBasidia

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 235 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:51 PM

Clone LC @ 7 days. Pan myc in LC is vigorous!4bc352aabeaf81a0ea83c258855a598b.jpg51d8d4eda3974c804f58afec0a97a880.jpg
  • Samwise, Jrotten, ElPirana and 3 others like this

#1239 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 10:57 PM

U guys are evolving so very well on this thread man can I say that. I'm not there yet and dont mind I'm reading and learning watching yall.
Very nice all of you. I have some obvious cubensisis I'll do. And the tampanensis is super aggressive. I'm hoping my pan makes it it's still going strong but its colonizing super slow . J rotten speaks true to something I been wondering should I increase my incubation temp for the pan. Anyway whatever u guys are awesome keep doing what u do I learn alot off it
This I appreciate.

Edited by makinbones69, 10 August 2020 - 11:02 PM.

• ElPirana, Asura, SporeyMF and 1 other like this

#1240 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 153 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 AM

Samwise, did you just eat them? If so, I think I need to try that. I always do

lemon tek and the come up is like getting thrown off a building. What you describe

sounds absolutely sublime.

Hi Asura, sublime is definitely one way of putting it! And yes we just ate the dry mushrooms in one go on an empty stomach, it was pretty easy and stress free, not the tastiest mushrooms but they're not that bad and they dry up to very little...I would suspect that the lemon tek might be a bit overkill and unnecessary with Pan cyan...the coming up period is rapid enough already without having to speed it up further! So I'd recommend ingesting them sans lemon and seeing how you fare in comparison.  :smile:

• Asura likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!