YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 692 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:11 PM

Pan cyan Texas, "sclerotia" from this thread:

https://mycotopia.ne...55#entry1457037

I took samples to agar then back to sub, I wish I would have done pure grain instead of straw/Hpoo though. The jar had agar wedges added on 7/21. The mycelium in the jar is thick, some of it has turned black. I'm not 100% sure it is not contamination but it is not spreading. Some of the smaller dark spots have translucent blobs starting to grow over them....maybe sclerotia? I'll give it a few more months and then we shall see how it looks.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20201021_211305-1-1.jpg
  • 20201021_211319-1.jpg

#1422 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 990 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 08:07 PM

Curious about people with automated setups, how often if ever do you mist your casing? Trying to dial in my new
FC and not sure if I’ll have to ramp up my fan. I’m trying a few configurations and that’s the best indicator I know except success which Is still a few days at the very least.

#1423 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 09:58 PM

With my tub set up I don’t have to mist at all. Just put the tray in and sometimes turn the dial on the fogger based on how the evap is going but that’s it. It all depends on your setup. If you don’t have a way to automatically hydrate after evaporation has taken place you will need to mist and evaporation is the key to this species.

#1424 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:10 PM

Currently spawning Pan Cyan Jamaica to grain from MS, what kind of spawn time should I be expecting and is optimal incubation the same as incubating Cubes?

#1425 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 12:09 PM

Bout the same from spore and yes
  • Salty117 likes this

#1426 Salty117

Salty117

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 08:09 PM

Should I avoid using straw with Tack in my cope substrate recipe?

#1427 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 990 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 12:14 PM

Pins! I’ve been cycling the humidity up and down with constant FAE. I know the pins don’t like to be wet. Can they handle the evaporation remaining constant or should I give a few days for the pinset to be in and then cut the constant fae?

Attached Thumbnails

• 499D39D5-C97F-4D50-8975-BD8E3C4914DB.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 26 October 2020 - 12:24 PM.

• ItBeBasidia and YoshiTrainer like this

#1428 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• OG VIP
  • 447 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2020 - 02:00 PM

I leave the FAE constant, but drop the humidity a bit when the fruits are about a day old. There's newer

grows where some have left the humidity high the whole time. If anything I would just keep the casing

wet. Water with a syringe if you need to. One of the issues I have is that I think my casing looks wet

when it's not. Find a little section of tray that you can poke to test lol.

• Jrotten likes this

#1429 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 03:12 PM

The pins actually can be wet and kinda like to be wet but you need good FAE and can’t let them dry out after. You would have to keep them wet.
  • Jrotten and Asura like this

#1430 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 990 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:29 PM

My humidity by is staying above 85% I think, basically I fog it for 3-4 minutes, I'm still playing with that and ambient conditions affect it, then I leave the same fan without the fogger running with two bubblestones in the reservoir for 56-57 minutes. It's sort of JOC like.  The casing gets firm but I think it's moist. Sometimes glistening a bit. The sub is almost too wet I think, spongelike.  I tried this new casing which is a small bit of verm, and other wise straight peat and coarse oyster shell so it's a tougher read than something that might have coir that changes color more...  When I was misting it just seemed to wind up in the tray around the sub rather than in or on it so I knocked that off unless it feels dry to the touch which I can't do so much as more pins come in.

#1431 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• OG VIP
  • 447 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:17 PM

The pins actually can be wet and kinda like to be wet but you need good FAE and can’t let them dry out after. You would have to keep them wet.

I know people are saying this, but I still don't recommend misting, though. You can do it and get away with it, but it's easier

not to do it and provide the moisture with other methods. I'm just sayin...my opinion only really.

• Jrotten likes this

#1432 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 05:48 PM

I absolutely agree it was just my last grow with them I was still dialing in my auto tub and the fog cycle was still a little heavy and kept flooding the tray and they grew in like normal and ended up being a good tray. I would have rathered that not happen though.it does always seem like the casing is too wet and pins could never grow but then all the sudden they end up popping up.

Edited by Celestialexplorer1, 26 October 2020 - 05:50 PM.

• Jrotten likes this

#1433 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 990 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:22 PM

Is there a difference between a “dry” fogger and misting though? It’s my understanding there is.

I think it has to do with transpiration, but I’m putting a bunch of sources together to make that statement that I can not support?

#1434 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:18 PM

The point of my setup(like JOCs) is to not mist at all and all hydration comes from the fogger alone. If the casing needs to be wetter I need to turn up the fogger. I have to find a line between evaporation/hydration/and not enough or too much of both. It’s difficult but when I have it working on the trays it makes life easier.
  • Jrotten likes this

#1435 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• OG VIP
  • 447 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2020 - 09:28 PM

So is running a JOC similar to a martha in that you are constantly dicking with it? There is nothing

automated about any of these setups. At least in my experience. The slightest environmental 

fluctuation has me making adjustments.

Misting...it can be done...but it's easier to tell people not to do it and it's easier not to do it. Just my opinion. 

• Jrotten likes this

#1436 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:57 AM

Similar but it’s all in tubs. The environment is a lot smaller so easier to control but yes I do have to occasionally mess with the fogger or adjust the heater I have 5-6 feet away from the tubs so I’m that sense I do have to adjust but it is easier than the jartha set up was but I certainly can’t run as much. I have two 105qt with three trays each and one 60something qt with two smaller trays on different settings for other exotics. Mostly running mexicana, pans and a couple others. I’m thinking about converting the whole setup towards don shadows set up though I’m pretty much there anyway just had to add the air stones and change the settings. I feel like it will be a less intense environment for the other exotics I’m going to be trying to run. And people have had success with pans in his setup so o don’t feel like it will be a big step away from what I’m trying to do anyway. It will be though the most complicated set up ever made. I work so fucking hard to be lazy it’s just not right. So yes asura you are correct it’s still a lot of work always adjusting but once I do find that sweet spot I can just sit back and watch it work. It is rewarding this crazy as setup I made actually work though. Hopefully I’ll be able to eventually deduct the things in my setup that aren’t necessary or get the things that are working enough I won’t need the other. So it’s a work in progress. I’m not trying to invent a new grow chamber just trying to find a way to make it work better for me.D75BBF96-11E7-43FB-B852-88D6F9030A68.jpeg 7828185E-BF95-4D73-BAA1-3BBDB8DC070B.jpeg 9BCAB17C-0858-4E11-87C3-B2333FAEE620.jpeg 1B69685A-5939-4F42-97AC-B0CD9BED7E60.jpeg
  • Asura and YoshiTrainer like this

#1437 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:03 AM

2FA1F717-CC7B-4F55-9C20-52F8E6DB1FD9.jpeg F364E82B-6FE6-4468-A5C0-41B34B72CD77.jpeg
I’ve also only had one success with pans with this tub so maybe it was a fluke. I got five flushes outa this tray about 23g dry. Have grown mexicana in there but they grow easy. So I don’t know I’ve tried so many things that haven’t worked and failed so many times pans have been the absolute hardest thing I’ve ever done so far. So I’m not a great person to give out advice but I do think I understand the basics of what pans need now. But ima keep myself on the sidelines and keep learning from you great people and keep being grateful for the information you all have given.

Sorry for the story.

Also asura I’ve been doing wheat bran for bulk bags and definelty noticed better colonization times and healthy looking growth so I’ve exed out grain for bulk bags completely.

Edited by Celestialexplorer1, 27 October 2020 - 10:15 AM.

• Asura likes this

#1438 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,095 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2020 - 03:47 PM

looks good to me celestial!

estero tray.. has some hyphal knots and some pinning action
59c2251ea377b7575a9c58c9f16c195b.jpg

phv tray. the other phv tray has the same amount of pins lol 

0d3d6f634d602e52475166eee69a19b7.jpg

Edited by whitethumb, 27 October 2020 - 03:56 PM.

• Jrotten, Asura and YoshiTrainer like this

#1439 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 990 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:28 PM

Does pinning seem to dry your casing layer out faster?  I stepped up my fogging earlier, but the casing still felt dry.  More pins everywhere, but my ambient temperatures are cold and dry at the moment which makes FAE and even fogging less moisture laden once it hits my FC with the warmer temps.

#1440 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,095 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:41 PM

my far left phv tray sometimes appear a little dry even though everything around them is wet. my other phv and estero tray never look dry.
  • Jrotten likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!