• Please log in to reply
1798 replies to this topic

#1721 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I was just thinking cleaning vinegar would kill alot of the nasties also but not ruin carpet or do any damage. Iso and hydrogen peroxide should work just as well I think i may do just that.

I need to look up how to make corobium im wondering if i can do it pretty cheap and irk if i can afford a rug doctor i am gonna try to find a cheap option ... Hmm... I'm just super broke right now..

#1722 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 06:06 PM

Yeah I was just thinking cleaning vinegar would kill alot of the nasties also but not ruin carpet or do any damage. Iso and hydrogen peroxide should work just as well I think i may do just that.

I need to look up how to make corobium im wondering if i can do it pretty cheap and irk if i can afford a rug doctor i am gonna try to find a cheap option ... Hmm... I'm just super broke right now..

#1723 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 February 2021 - 09:13 PM

I posted the thread that has the materials.  For $35 you can make a lifetime supply.  It's Trisodium Phosphate (TSP), sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate

To 1 quart of hot water add:

• 1 Tablespoon baking soda
  • 1 Tablespoon washing soda (aka sodium carbonate)
  • 2 Tablespoons TSP (trisodium phosphate)

#1724 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:22 PM

I put my pint of Wild Coast rye into a bag of 60% straw 40% poo sub today, and also cased the 100% colonized BRF trays of PanCamJam's and Wild Coast.

Wish me luck :meditate:

• Jrotten, Asura, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#1725 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 549 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2021 - 04:25 PM

Good luck coastal! I have 3 different wild coast LC's going for the next round and I pulled some old school

pan jams and bama out of storage to see if I could revive it. Don't see anyone growing jams any more so I

thought the world could use some new prints.

• Arathu, Jrotten, YoshiTrainer and 2 others like this

#1726 Celestialexplorer1

Celestialexplorer1

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 334 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 08:20 PM

I got some germination on a jam print from 2016 and it's about to go to grain here in a min. Wonder if it'll be the cambo version or cyan. Should be interesting either way if I can fruit it! Good luck everyone
  • Jrotten likes this

#1727 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 11:52 PM

I have blue overlay in the Jambos. I thought it was trich, but it’s not. I think they’ll still fruit. I lost several things to trich because I was careless, but this is not mold, it’s bruised overlay. I have some that I can’t tell if it was just a thin casing or some other mold. Losing power and being stupid has me stressing.

#1728 zentatonic

zentatonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 10:28 AM

This pan estero is suspiciously fuzzy...pops right off the agar. I have a few plates (first time trying this), and they all look like fluffy clouds. Is this normal for estero? Or is it probably mold?

Attached Thumbnails

• 359.jpg

#1729 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 549 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:45 AM

It will do that sometimes. Let it grow out a little more and let us have another look.

#1730 zentatonic

zentatonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:47 AM

It will do that sometimes. Let it grow out a little more and let us have another look.

I'll sneak a pic off the original...all sorts of various shapes on there...one sec...

#1731 zentatonic

zentatonic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 11:54 AM

This is the original spore print to agar.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210223_114935.jpg

#1732 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 549 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2021 - 02:52 PM

Yeah, it will grow out like that sometimes. Estero may be cambo and I've seen that type of growth

with the "jambo" variety and it fruited fine. It's not what I like to see...but really take that with a

grain of salt. I think there are preferred pheno's but that doesn't mean squat really.

• zentatonic likes this

#1733 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 February 2021 - 03:20 PM

Here's the Pan trays I cased yesterday in the new FC:

FCLoaded2_23.jpg

Left to right:

Tampanensis var Atl#7

PanCamJam "JCM"

PanCyan Wild Coast

You can see the Cam's have a bulge in the sub on the top left-- I couldn't get the casing to cover because it's so vertical in the bulge there-- you think I should pile on casing there to cover or leave it alone?

• Jrotten and YoshiTrainer like this

#1734 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 11:54 AM

I always have a little exposed myc with pans, I also sometimes cover something heavy but it may not make it through mistings and then wind up uncovered anyway.

The good news is I’m having a great grow day with these three trays and my “open pour LC” experiment has pins too. The bad news is I took 3 trays out suspected of mold before I realized one of them was just a blue bit of layover. Pan Cambo Jambo tray on the left and Pan Cyan WTXGC (those need a better name) pinning hard at 80F. These survive the power outages during the record freeze when it was 36F in MY HOUSE. Luckily the FC in my garage is insulated with foils faced foam. I’m still bummed about the ones I’ve had outside I don’t think I can make pin. Day time was perfect for them, night time not so much.

First picture is Jambos and the two fuller trays are TX, all are 2nd Generation I believe except for the open pour LC which I believe is Key Island and it’s so experimental just that tiny little cluster of three pins is pretty exciting. The TX seem to improving every time I grow then so I expect it’s me doing something. Maybe because I held them to consolidate for 3-4 days while things were sketchy

Do you all consolidate before casing? After casing? I’ve been casing with 1/8” so they run the casing in a day and I go straight to fruiting.

Attached Thumbnails

• 5FF20612-F2F8-44B9-9AEA-E97195D02146.jpeg
  • F9754AF4-2A6F-4D7E-A760-632275D8D024.jpeg
  • B6748209-F5DC-461A-BD80-5F2754373108.jpeg
  • 1D374C33-E6CC-48E0-A098-42AB3FD1C45C.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 25 February 2021 - 12:01 PM.

• ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and coAsTal like this

#1735 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:36 PM

I'm thinking my Cam's are looking like overlay-- they're pushing heavy cottony growth above the casing -- thoughts?

WetPans2_25.jpg

Edited by coAsTal, 25 February 2021 - 12:40 PM.

#1736 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:48 PM

They will fruit. Don’t toss them. If it starts to go blue/green use a q-tip to confirm there is no color transfer. If the q-tip is clean, just keep going. I pulled one of two trays that way and now I’m mad because if you look at my last pictures you’ll see blue overlay fruiting crazy.

Edited by Jrotten, 25 February 2021 - 12:49 PM.

• coAsTal likes this

#1737 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 12:54 PM

Thanks man-- I appreciate the observations.

I had really bad dripping from the lid raining onto them both for the first two days before I adjusted room temps and airflow to stop it, so they're really soaked. I worried that it matted my casing so much it could have removed the microclimate needed to pin. I will keep an eye on them.

#1738 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 01:03 PM

The Jambos are just cottony and fluffy. I’ve never seen a wispy sector that was healthy. They just love to fruit. I bet you’re safe. You might want to let them dry a bit. I’ve found stretches of 50-70%RH AT 75-80F won’t hurt them so long as it’s just for a little while. It’s actually part of my pinning strategy... not by choice 100% just that my FC fogger locks up at night sometimes and I already do a big delta 10-15% on my humidity controller for the first few days in fruiting. As soon as I see pins I take it from 80-95% or 80-90% to 90-95%. Important to note that my fogger always goes 100% within 30 seconds if the hose isn’t vapor locked. I also do a fair bit of hand watering those first few days. Once the fogger is up to 90-95 had watering is greatly reduced and I have to start checking reservoir more often.

You may have a problem, but if it’s the Jambos, I bet not.
  • coAsTal likes this

#1739 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:40 PM

I left the FC lid partially open for several hours today, and the casing moisture is a little better.

Closed it all back up to re-humidify the air (room humidity is ~35%) going into the cooler evening. May do it again tomorrow if needed. I lowered the water heater a couple degrees to help inhibit the condensation, and it's worked well and the interior is still right around 76-78 degrees.

Keeping my fingers crossed-- I kinda went in having low expectations for these trays, so if they aren't great, that's OK-- they were more experiments to test viability of cooking subs in the meal prep containers in my tiny-ass PC.

The Wild Coast mycobag is the one I'm hoping "pans" out :tongue:

I can see the spawn mycelium reaching out from the grain today-- so this time next week it should be ready if all goes well.

#1740 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:49 AM

Did you PC the meal prep containers lid and all? Did you have to tape them shut? I’m really been having success just pasteurizing in them, but I think hydration is less guess work in the PC compared to the oven.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!