1797 replies to this topic

#1781 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 549 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2021 - 08:22 PM

Estero was supposed to be cyan, but they kinda look like cambo to me. But I have no idea.

I don't know anything about Key Island, but I've never had a weak FL pan ever.

• Jrotten likes this

#1782 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 09:20 AM

So are my Cambo's mutant midgets, or is there something else wrong?

There's been great growth-- but none of it is vertical yet... that can't be right

PanTrays3_1.jpg

• ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#1783 YoshiTrainer

YoshiTrainer

Onion tied to belt

• Gold VIP
  • 834 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 10:29 AM

No idea on potency JR, they are still in the freezer. :(
  • Jrotten likes this

#1784 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:17 AM

@coatal I’ve definitely had dwarf sandoze before. You could certainly be on your way, but it’s hard to say until they’re done.

#1785 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:15 PM

It's been suggested elsewhere that my trays may be getting too wet, stunting growth.

I've poured off all the excess water to see if it helps some

#1786 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 01:56 PM

Mine get really wet, but they dry out so I tend to mist the casing pretty heavy a few times a day. Maybe I’d do better to mist less, but I leave them glistening and even a little standing water 1-3 times a day depending on how much time I have and how they are drying.

These key islands, I hated to take their caps so early, but I wanted to make sure I got max prints. I’m 99% sure this is a clone, but just to be safe I only took prints from the biggest fruits on the biggest cluster. I will try to print the caps twice. It’s just crazy to me how big these are and the stipes are almost the size of drinking straws and they bruise immediately.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3491B526-6F57-4886-AB7D-449A4E19EC1D.jpeg
  • 943AC4B9-1892-4359-A900-B0742F9333FF.jpeg
  • 699F5346-A0BA-41D2-A88A-BA1A3CE3D180.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 01 March 2021 - 03:07 PM.

• Coopdog, Microbe, makinbones69 and 3 others like this

#1787 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:08 PM

Those look awesome--

I think the deal on my FC is that the humidity is so high that they aren't evapping really well-- I might drill additional holes around the outer part of the lid as well, because I'm still having significant dripping from condensation that is keeping the surfaces of the trays pretty flooded. I would crack the lid more often, but it's cool enough in the room that I don't want to drop the temps into the 60's by letting the water heat out too much. I'm going to need to think on a good way to address this.

One element that I think is working against me is that these BRF-style subs are so solid that there's nowhere for any liquid to go except the casing, which is very thin-- I think I might have under-cased a little. The big colonizing Tamp var. ATL#7 tray next to these looks perfectly moist but it has almost 3" of light coir-heavy sub to soak into under the casing.

• Jrotten likes this

#1788 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 549 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:28 PM

I can't say this enough. It's really beneficial to run your GH with an empty tray. Mist the tray and observe what

happens. You really want a light coat of water on the empty tray at all times. If you are getting good evap that

tray will be dry as a bone even after running for a few days. This is how I like to run it. I'd rather hand water

my casing everyday knowing that my evap is on point than have a soaked out sub.

• Microbe, Jrotten, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#1789 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

Yeah I’m loving these. I’ve only gotten one fruit of them previously. I’m
Excited to get prints of them.

I have one tray that I actually decided was contaminated with some grey surface mold, put it outside for a day, then the temperatures dropped again. I thought it might be undercased and now am a little more sure because I barely case to begin with. Anyway, it was going to get cold again so my I went to see if I got any pins, the other tray with it went went green after I harvested and flooded it and I was really just checking it... suddenly this one is pinning, but it seems to hold that surface water more too. That overlay type growth is pretty tough and no porous so maybe that has something to do with it. I just use straight straw and manure so I can’t speak to the substrate composition. I feel like everything is pretty impervious to water once it’s fully colonized, but I’m sure that varies by degrees. I’ve wondered about some sort of material that could be embedded in a substrate to allow water and air to really penetrate, but never figured out a good material and tend to think if it was good for the colony they mushrooms would have figured out a way to do it by now! I’m pretty sure they are smarter than I am!

My FC has zones. The top gets the most direct fog and the bottom gets the most direct heat, and the top and bottom both lose the most fog/air when it’s running so I tend to move things around based on whether they are too wet or too dry. The middle will collect some water, the top for pans will require a bit of hand watering and the bottom is where things go that need to dry out a bit. MAN, I can’t wait to have an indoor grow space in a heated/air conditioned room!

Edited by Jrotten, 01 March 2021 - 02:37 PM.

#1790 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 05:34 PM

I can't say this enough. It's really beneficial to run your GH with an empty tray. Mist the tray and observe what

happens. You really want a light coat of water on the empty tray at all times. If you are getting good evap that

tray will be dry as a bone even after running for a few days. This is how I like to run it. I'd rather hand water

my casing everyday knowing that my evap is on point than have a soaked out sub.

Appreciate the reminder-- I know you recommended doing this early in your tutorial, but I honestly completely forgot about it. I have done this, and taken a pic at the moment I laid it in the chamber-- I'll look in this evening to see how long it takes the closed box to evap that water from the surface.

FCDialInTray3_1.jpg

Here they are now by the way-- jesus the Cyans are shooting up fast

PanTray3_1eve.jpg

• Jrotten and Asura like this

#1791 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 01 March 2021 - 11:25 PM

So did anyone else panic and think their fresh spore prints were dead because they swabbed on 2/27 and now it's 3/1 but then realized there were only 28 days last month and feel stupid?  Just me?  

#1792 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 12:27 PM

Pans3_2noon.jpg

Any advice on when I should start harvesting these Cyans?

I'm a little concerned at the brown dots on the cap in the upper middle right-- is that normal?

Secondly, should I consider scraping off/pulling the Cambos that are stunted to see if they will recover more normally with another flush? I'm really not sure what to do with them...

• Jrotten, makinbones69, ItBeBasidia and 2 others like this

#1793 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 01:18 PM

When my sandoze did that there was nothing I could do. I have some shorties on a second flush is but not quite like that. Nothing I did with the sandoze chamged anything. You could try. They aren’t likely to shoot up 2 inches. As for picking, I wait to see some spores drop, take those caps then pick the tray the next day because there are always some lagging behind.
  • coAsTal likes this

#1794 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:06 PM

Well I just inadvertently took my first Pan Cyan harvest-- when I was moving the tray a little all the bigger ones fell over like trees in a hurricane-- so there's definitely not a lot of depth to their roots-- took 13.7 wet grams, and I'm drying them now.

The biggest one was dropping spores, so I have it on foil now--

Pretty excited honestly-- the one I trimmed for printing turned blue/black where I snipped it.

I'm probably going to start with 0.5g dry...

• Jrotten and YoshiTrainer like this

#1795 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 03:40 PM

These KIP are silly big. These aren’t even the largest which I printed. Just one of the clusters. 77g wet after turning the humidity down last night. Got 11 prints and streaked two more plates.

Attached Thumbnails

• 3C1E23BF-B6B7-4387-8438-98F9732F705F.jpeg

• Coopdog, Asura and YoshiTrainer like this

#1796 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 02 March 2021 - 11:38 PM

When you harvest do you take whatever immature fruits there are also or let them mature? I’m just wondering if I’d get better second flushes if I picked the tray clean. Also has anyone seen a difference with pans in cutting versus twist and pull to harvest? The casings being so thin I use scissors to try and not tear out chunks but have no idea if that’s really as beneficial as my mind thinks it should be.

#1797 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 549 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 12:03 PM

I usually try to wait for the smaller fruits to catch up if they are not far behind. If things are moving fast it works out fine.

Even if the mature fruits are starting to drop spores you can still wait a day or two for the other fruits to catch up and

you will still be able to print them. 

I cut my fruits with a pair of Chimasaka Japanese scissors.

• Jrotten likes this

#1798 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 282 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:38 PM

I harvested the remainder of the first flush today-- they were large enough that they were falling over and pulling up the casing.

total was about 25g wet.

WCHarvest3_3.jpg

WildCoast9v3_3.jpg

Not a heavy harvest for sure, but I'm thrilled to pieces about the success-- my mycobag of these is getting close to fully colonized-- I think it will be ready to put in a tray by the weekend. I'm still working on optimizing my evap in the FC.

I have a 40mm computer fan that I will mount and set on a timer so that it runs for a couple minutes every half hour and I'll adjust from there. Looking to set that up this afternoon.

I will have it set up for proper evap before I put the big tray in there.

The cambos are freakin' weird midgets man-- just look at them

Cambo3_3.jpg

My Tampanensis ATL#7's next to these have started to pin too-- so it's going to be busy in there soon!!

• Asura and YoshiTrainer like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!