• Please log in to reply
1985 replies to this topic

#1921 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:31 AM

In previous growth on hay-manure, Jamaica behaves more restrained and more productive.

1.jpg 2.jpg

• Sidestreet, YoshiTrainer and rockyfungus like this

#1922 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:34 AM

"Jumbo" of the respected JCM.

I picked the first fruits today.Chunky and powerful!

DSC09622.jpg DSC09632.jpg DSC09634.jpg DSC09637.jpg DSC09639.jpg DSC09643.jpg

When fouling, I saw black dots on the mycelium,I think it's aspergillus-a bastard! I carefully removed the infected area and treated it with domestos solution.Thank the Pan-gods everything has grown well and is still alive!

DSC09576.jpg DSC09631.jpg

Edited by angam, 07 April 2021 - 06:44 AM.

• Sidestreet, ElPirana, YoshiTrainer and 1 other like this

#1923 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 577 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:29 PM

angam, what do you think of the potency of Jambo's?

#1924 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:57 PM

Judging by the low strong fruits, the psy content in them is good.

Next weekend I will be able to say more about their power, because I will go on another trip to other worlds.

• YoshiTrainer likes this

#1925 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:01 PM

By the way, your pan "NecD" is already on the way to growth! I want to try it with impatience.

#1926 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:06 PM

Man I'm really glad we got another great cultivator to join the ranks here. Thanks for stopping in while shroomery is down but I hope you stay!

Even if it ain't all good. It's all good enough.
  • angam likes this

#1927 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 02:54 PM

Quick question: how deep are your casings? Mine are about 1/8th inch. If I go for perfectly level I’m going to wind up with some 1/2-3/8” spots...

I finally found some time to do a little something grow wise. I’ve had bad luck with Caerulescens and zapos so we’ll just pretend I haven’t been cultivating.

I decided I don’t like big trays and bags for pans right now so I split 3 myco quarts of grain into 6 4cup meal prep containers. It still wound up being really heavy spawn wise. It was two Jambo clones and a TX 2nd gen.

I also inoculated 9 half pint jars with the WC, Nec-D, PHV, TX (3rd generation), KIP 2nd gen and a KIP clone. The grain was a little wet because the new meds still make me space and I forgot I was prepping grain. Pans usually run those little jars really fast but they are just a tad fuller than I prefer, but I let the plates go to the edge so here’s hoping they run fast.

The Pan TX in the bigger tray are putting out larger fruits, but I’m hoping the tray catches up on the second flush. I’m still learning to identify good myc. The KIP and Jambos don’t seem very discriminate, the TX are more so, but they have still been pretty forgiving.
  • YoshiTrainer likes this

#1928 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 04:16 PM

Quick question: how deep are your casings? Mine are about 1/8th inch. 

For example, I usually have no more than 1.9 inches.Sometimes a little less.It grows well and so and so.

Every time you grow, you want to make the fruit more perfect and stronger...this is already going beyond manic.Heh heh..

#1929 BlueSkyCloud

BlueSkyCloud

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 11:32 AM

@Angam: How do you manage to get your casing so paper thin. Mine comes in chunky pieces and I won't be able to do anything less than 1/5 inch. 1/9 of inch wow!

============

I just squirted some spore culture into grains, in your experience how long does it take to germinate in this medium guys?

============

Question 2: Why should the casing be wet at all times? I understand it's for the evap and for it to have enough water for the shrooms but in a chamber with high RH constantly (97%~) why is the casing needed to be wet at all times?

Edited by BlueSkyCloud, 08 April 2021 - 12:00 PM.

#1930 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:49 PM

@Angam: How do you manage to get your casing so paper thin. Mine comes in chunky pieces and I won't be able to do anything less than 1/5 inch. 1/9 of inch wow!

============

I just squirted some spore culture into grains, in your experience how long does it take to germinate in this medium guys?

============

Question 2: Why should the casing be wet at all times? I understand it's for the evap and for it to have enough water for the shrooms but in a chamber with high RH constantly (97%~) why is the casing needed to be wet at all times?

Maybe I misunderstood you in terms of your system of measures?

I apologize for the fact that I may have misunderstood your question.

If you measure the cake itself it has a depth of no more than 5 cm.If you measure the top layer it has a depth of 0.5 cm.

I usually do not use grain,but immediately grow mycelium on hay-manure in a ratio of 1:2.Then I cover it with a covering layer of peat soil,vermiculite and a little coconut.

As for the growth of grain, I have the first foci appear on 3-4 days and completely captures the banks from 12-20 days.It depends on many factors (temperature, humidity of the grain and cosmic rays from Jupiter).

The case should not dry out-these are two things (humidity in the chamber and humidity of the cover) that complement each other.

• YoshiTrainer and rockyfungus like this

#1931 BlueSkyCloud

BlueSkyCloud

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 01:31 PM

Maybe I misunderstood you in terms of your system of measures?

I apologize for the fact that I may have misunderstood your question.

If you measure the cake itself it has a depth of no more than 5 cm.If you measure the top layer it has a depth of 0.5 cm.

I usually do not use grain,but immediately grow mycelium on hay-manure in a ratio of 1:2.Then I cover it with a covering layer of peat soil,vermiculite and a little coconut.

As for the growth of grain, I have the first foci appear on 3-4 days and completely captures the banks from 12-20 days.It depends on many factors (temperature, humidity of the grain and cosmic rays from Jupiter).

The case should not dry out-these are two things (humidity in the chamber and humidity of the cover) that complement each other.

Thanks man, that was clear. :biggrin: Turns out we both use the same depth for casing I just misunderstood your previous post.

It depends on many factors (temperature, humidity of the grain and cosmic rays from Jupiter).

ugh! Always the things I can't control. :laugh: gotta get myself a cosmic ray sensor now, be right back
  • angam likes this

#1932 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:09 PM

Photodirectional. My FC has a lot of light that I’ve kept on 24/7 through the colder months to help keep temps up. I had a large roasting pan sized tray on the top shelf which caused the first fruits to grow sideways. It was so extreme on one of them I though it was verticillium or some such, but when I rearranged the trays, the fruits went vertical.

Attached Thumbnails

• 6D7AAD83-E26D-438E-854B-D59715C4F9AC.jpeg

• makinbones69, YoshiTrainer and angam like this

#1933 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 04:05 PM

Photodirectional. My FC has a lot of light that I’ve kept on 24/7 through the colder months to help keep temps up. I had a large roasting pan sized tray on the top shelf which caused the first fruits to grow sideways. It was so extreme on one of them I though it was verticillium or some such, but when I rearranged the trays, the fruits went vertical.

Funny!I've had this happen with Atl#7.The 12/12 light turns on.At night they crawl, and during the day they raise their heads like snakes. :blink:

DSC08359 (2).jpg

Edited by angam, 08 April 2021 - 04:07 PM.

• Sidestreet, Jrotten, makinbones69 and 1 other like this

#1934 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 06:54 PM

I have some Chichon Nindo Mexicana that I let go with a solid lid on and they look very much h like that!

The first flush was unimpressive for the tray size, BUT I got a slightly larger yield because of the fruit size. The two largest caps are printing, I left 4 smaller fruits to develop, and still got 32g wet, but I’ve got humidity set to 82-92% at 78F so they are pretty dry. These are tough. It was a very large bag that basically got cooked in my incubator. I saw some life so went ahead and split the bag into trays and let it finish in there. The other half never did anything except go bacterial. I went ahead and drenched the sub and hopefully a real flush follows.

Unfortunately I am unable to test anything for awhile, but the parents were full of magic!

Attached Thumbnails

• 8293B2F1-6521-4D92-9DD3-AB29691906E0.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 08 April 2021 - 06:55 PM.

• YoshiTrainer, rockyfungus and angam like this

#1935 rockyfungus

rockyfungus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 915 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:34 PM

My fruiting chamber is full of Wild Coast some Gallinodli trays. I have yet to dial it in for these warmer months and I think I'm on track to losing a bunch more. Very difficult to avoid condensation, pooling water, and dripping from top of tent. Temperatures are swinging from the 40s to 80s. (4C-27C)

#1936 angam

angam

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:48 AM

My fruiting chamber is full of Wild Coast some Gallinodli trays. I have yet to dial it in for these warmer months and I think I'm on track to losing a bunch more. Very difficult to avoid condensation, pooling water, and dripping from top of tent. Temperatures are swinging from the 40s to 80s. (4C-27C)

I do not push my luck,after many failures, I made myself a portable installation.Since I have a temperature regime in the pantry ranges in winter from 5-15 gr.C had to be insulated.Now it is stable at 27 degrees C.

Later I will post a topic about my experiments with fruit-bearing chambers.

1.png 2.png 3.png

Edited by angam, 09 April 2021 - 01:49 AM.

• Sidestreet, ElPirana and YoshiTrainer like this

#1937 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 08:45 AM

Yeah my FC is insulated too as well as the whole thing being in a locker style cabinet. It’s outdoors basically and winters are pretty mild here. The summer is a different story. It will be too hot to use my primary FC pretty soon.

#1938 coAsTal

coAsTal

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:20 PM

Been light on the shroom cult work for a while, busy with other life things.

Just put a grain pint of Pan Cam Jam's into the sub bag I pasteurized awhile back.

We'll see if I can get something other than dwarfs from it-- I can't remember anymore if it's from the same culture/petrie I got the LC that I used on the meal prep container that gave me the little micro buttons with 1/4" stipes-- but we'll see.

• Jrotten likes this

#1939 BlueSkyCloud

BlueSkyCloud

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 02:22 PM

Just put my Pan Cyan var. Hawaii tray to fruiting conditions. Excited. :biggrin:  80 f (26 c), 97% RH and constant FAE through a high volume output aquarium pump (Shoutout to JCM4620 for the FC ;) And Asura and JOC for all the good info, as well as mary fairchild and blue helix. Thank you all you rock!)

Humble beginnings:

1 out of the 2 jars. Final Spawn to Sub 1:4

jarpan.jpg

Put it inside an oven bag with a small filter for GE to avoid drying out (Corners still dried out a bit but no biggie)

Atspawn.jpg

Fully colonized! Well, not fully. Some dry areas failed to colonize so I mostly removed those, they were mostly straw. Bunch of straws that also stuck to the plastic bug but underneath the mycelium is fully holding the reins. :cool:  :chucks: Left it also to consolidate for 2 days or so it was done around the 5th day and I cased at the 7th

FullyColonized.jpg

Close up of the corner

Corner.jpg Corner2.jpg

Cased with a ~4 mm Peat/Verm layer. Approx 50/50. Limed to 7.5~ ph. Then proceeded to drench (mist) it with water.

Cased.jpg

And... In the FC

CasedInFC.jpg

So now I'll be picking up the lid and dropping the humidity every 2 hrs, to get that pinset to fill in good and nice. Once they are in Humidity will be at a steady 96-97% or wherever they are most comfortable.

I got 1 question tho, before pins arrive, when and if the top layer of casing stops glistening, I should mist more, yes?

Edited by BlueSkyCloud, 11 April 2021 - 03:20 PM.

• Sidestreet, Jrotten, ElPirana and 2 others like this

#1940 Jrotten

Jrotten

Amateurish

• Gold VIP
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:06 PM

I’m not the best but I let my pans go a bit dry. I hand water once or three times a day. They need some evaporation
  • bezevo and BlueSkyCloud like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!