darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:17 AM

Have any of you heard of something called the "New World Order?"

Do you believe it's real?

Or, is belief in such a thing a sign that you're bonkers?

• Coopdog likes this

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:26 AM

I went through a pretty deep conspiracy theory phase after I separated from the military. Most of this had started with 9/11 but easily went down a rabbit hole. Add Sandy Hook, Pizzagate, Bohemian grove, and on and on. My mental health may have not been in the best place. Since then I have pulled away from following things like that. However I have seen some shady shit happen, especially having been active duty for over 13 years with multiple deployments.
I honestly find it harder to believe things like this don’t exist.
Side note: I don’t think they actually go by NWO.
Just my personal opinion.
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:13 AM

As researcher/historian, Michael Parente, put it, "I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I am a coincidence theorist."  It's all just a coincidence that people of certain classes do things that would benefit their class.  The more powerful the class, the more likely what it does has power.  The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.  It's just a coincidence. 

So, when was the last time anyone here was invited to the Bohemian Grove, the Builderberg meeting, the CFR...?   If they forgot our invitations, it was probably just a coincidence.

#4 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:17 AM

Just because someone (or a group) wishes to impose something on someone else (or everyone else, as it were) doesn't mean that they will succeed, or even that success in the context of such a goal is actually possible.

That won't stop some from trying, but the only way they can succeed in imposing an arbitrary worldview on the world is if people can be convinced that it's real. Which is what the mass-media is for, of course.

That only works because of our innate level of cognitive dissonance (which is pretty high). We have a strange talent (as a species) for retroactively ascribing chains of causality to otherwise-unrelated events because our minds like to connect dots whether there are any actual connections between them or not.

That cloud up in the sky is not really an elephant no matter how much it looks like one. Same goes for any arrogant asshole du jour who looks and acts like how we'd expect a megalomaniac who rules the world to look and act; he may be very convincing but he's ultimately full of shit.

There is no Governor anywhere. You are all absolutely free. (RA Wilson)

• Thacan likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:29 AM

Belief itself could be an aspect of bonkers.   I believe I will work on shitcanning my beliefs.  It seems to be a full time job.

• TVCasualty and crazy1 like this

#6 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

Belief itself could be an aspect of bonkers.   I believe I will work on shitcanning my beliefs.  It seems to be a full time job.

You'd better believe it!

• Alder Logs and SteampunkScientist like this

#7 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 05 August 2019 - 11:42 AM

post-106236-0-26678600-1565023342.jpg

Edited by firerat, 05 August 2019 - 11:43 AM.

#8 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:53 PM

So my dad hinted at this stuff back in the day.  I still have a book of his written by a guy named Carol Quigley.  I'm barely into it and it ... well... my therapist would think I've lost my mind if I talked about this stuff.  I'm the first to admit I sound nuts if I were to say that I believe there is a conspiracy going on led by the most wealthy and powerful people in the world to undermine democracy and institute a one world government designed by them.

Ugh.  Please no.  Let it not be so, but I see the signs all around.

I see deception and chaos being amplified all around, and the people falling for it, and the outcome playing straight into the hands of evil.

I'm no longer a christian, but when my mom talked about the end of days and all that bible stuff I wonder if the prophecy of armageddon isn't self-fulfilling both because so many people believe in it and because there are actually assholes in this world pushing it exactly that direction.

I don't know how exactly to cope with all of this.  Sometimes I just want to turn it all off.

I want to turn the tide of madness, but I'm just one person who can barely keep her own life on track.

Can positive thinking and living life a good way set example enough that within my own tiny sphere I can make a world liveable enough for me?

• Coopdog and Thacan like this

#9 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2019 - 12:49 AM

Presuming that's "Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World In Our Time", you may be interested to know that, unless it's a first (maybe second) edition, you may have at least one chapter missing. The story of that book, in itself, contains a "conspiracy". Kevin Cole has an interesting piece where this is discussed. Quigley's "Anglo-American Establishment" is another important volume in the history of this subject.

#10 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:20 AM

That's the one AugustWest.

Other books among his collection that I ended up with because my mother didn't want:

G. Edward Griffin - The Creature From Jekyll Island

Charles Wright Mills - The Power Elite

L. Fletcher Prouty - The Secret Team

I wait with baited breath for the explanation of why these authors are wrong in their assertions.  I fear I may be met with silence.

#11 ElPirana

ElPirana

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 953 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:27 AM

I'm no longer a christian, but when my mom talked about the end of days and all that bible stuff I wonder if the prophecy of armageddon isn't self-fulfilling both because so many people believe in it and because there are actually assholes in this world pushing it exactly that direction.
Can positive thinking and living life a good way set example enough that within my own tiny sphere I can make a world liveable enough for me?

I thought about this not long ago....self fulfilling prophecy on a society level rather than on the individual level. It appears that this does happen to some degree. The example that stood out for me is the popularity of apocalyptic themed movies and shows. Even though most people would admit the improbability of many of the potential causes (e.g. zombie apocalypse), people love to entertain the ideas in their minds and this allows them to be distracted from dealing with the real reasons they are unhappy or dissatisfied in their lives. If the ideas are entertained enough, it would be easy to subconsciously allow more chaos in society that could lead to the apocalyptic situation that they are desiring.

Or maybe I’m completely wrong! lol

No matter, your last comment is right...the only thing we really can do is to look inward to solve our own problems, eventually allowing us to be able to have true compassion with the people we interact with and in turn bringing other people up with us to a healthier place.
  • crazy1, Alder Logs and Thacan like this

#12 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

That's the one AugustWest.

Other books among his collection that I ended up with because my mother didn't want:

G. Edward Griffin - The Creature From Jekyll Island

Charles Wright Mills - The Power Elite

L. Fletcher Prouty - The Secret Team

I wait with baited breath for the explanation of why these authors are wrong in their assertions.  I fear I may be met with silence.

Not surprised to see all those in one library. Prouty is an interesting guy and I'm not entirely sure what to make of him. I think a lot of his information makes a sense to me - however much one can make sense of the world he describes. He did have some strange and/or unfortunate affiliations that, for better or worse, call his character into question, for me. He seemed to have a lot of connection to Scientology which, in and of itself shouldn't entirely dismiss him but anyone close to Hubbard has to be taken with a grain of salt imo. He's also the inspiration of Donald Sutherland's, "Mr. X" character in Oliver Stone's "JFK", for what it's worth.

Eustace Mullins also claimed Griffin essentially plagiarized Jekyll Island from Mullins' own, "Secrets of the Federal Reserve"...just a fun FYI.

• crazy1 likes this

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

I think there might be a word for the state of mind being grappled with here, and that word is NOT "bonkers." It's "hypersanity." I kinda like it.

I only just yesterday stumbled across it in an article, and it resonated:

But if there is such a thing as hypersanity, the implication is that mere sanity is not all it’s cracked up to be, a state of dormancy and dullness with less vital potential even than madness. This I think is most apparent in people’s frequently suboptimal – if not frankly inappropriate – responses, both verbal and behavioural, to the world around them. As Laing puts it:

The condition of alienation, of being asleep, of being unconscious, of being out of one’s mind, is the condition of the normal man.

Society highly values its normal man. It educates children to lose themselves and to become absurd, and thus to be normal.

Normal men have killed perhaps 100,000,000 of their fellow normal men in the last 50 years.

Many ‘normal’ people suffer from not being hypersane: they have a restricted worldview, confused priorities, and are wracked by stress, anxiety and self-deception. As a result, they sometimes do dangerous things, and become fanatics or fascists or otherwise destructive (or not constructive) people.

In contrast, hypersane people are calm, contained and constructive. It is not just that the ‘sane’ are irrational but that they lack scope and range, as though they’ve grown into the prisoners of their arbitrary lives, locked up in their own dark and narrow subjectivity. Unable to take leave of their selves, they hardly look around them, barely see beauty and possibility, rarely contemplate the bigger picture – and all, ultimately, for fear of losing their selves, of breaking down, of going mad, using one form of extreme subjectivity to defend against another, as life – mysterious, magical life – slips through their fingers.
https://www.rawstory...epared-to-look/

I think it's pretty interesting (and probably not merely a coincidence) that so many of the most visible examples of hypersanity at the moment are embodied by teenaged (or younger) girls, who are apparently sick and tired of all manifestations of top-down bullshit and are not gonna take it anymore.

I find them inspiring, and a fascinating phenomenon.

And clearly, standing up to injustice and unapologetic evil is not a function of havin' the balls, (just a brain and some empathy).

Bubbles, feathers, flowers, funny socks, or books might be helpful, though. The world needs to lighten up in general, plus those kinds of things can really mess up the scary/intimidating vibe that agitated Useful Idiots or jackbooted riot squads try to exude and make them look as utterly ridiculous as they actually are:

590b083fdd0895aa778b49f5-750-562.jpg

As an aside, I really want to know where she got her socks, lol:

tumblr_ope323BYbP1qz6f9yo2_1280.jpg

Heavy as a feather:

3006645b-590e-4fd0-8d26-5d7782607494.jpg

Taking_a_Stand_in_Baton_Rouge.jpg

(I tried to find smaller versions of a few of these images but couldn't, apologies to anyone reading this on a phone...)

Malala-most-inspiring-quotes-One-girl.jp

57d711645aa90-1-700x450.jpg

And so on.

But if they're amenable to engaging and listening then one can try other approaches, such as reading relevant parts of the Constitution to them (for starters).

Go slow, and sound out all the big words carefully:

_108212315_olgamisik.jpg

(This ^ one was published by the BBC just today, with a corresponding article)

But don't sugar-coat anything, of course...

greta_thunberg_davos_2109.jpg?itok=Lef44

And that's only a few girls.

Imagine if a bunch of grownup men and women stood up and did stuff, too. Here's just one:

JlQViIX.jpg

That said, 100% of people who stand up to assholes will die, so it can be frightening.

But 100% of people who don't stand up to assholes will die, too. So apparently there's ultimately nothing to lose by doing so (and much to gain), and it can make the rest of the time we're stuck here a bit more tolerable since taking action is empowering in and of itself, even if it fails to achieve its goal every time.

It's not like there's really any choice, assuming one isn't one of the sociopaths causing most of the problems. The only other semi-viable option is to stay intoxicated enough to remain oblivious to it all, but that apparently doesn't work for the hypersane, unfortunately. I tried it a couple of times but I could never make the world go away completely, so I guess I was forced to give up on giving up.

FWIW, I put up posts like this as much to remind myself of the things I would like to embody and manifest (and challenge myself and my excuses when I fail to take action against what I perceive as evil) as I do to encourage anyone else since it's so easy to choose to retreat and try to hide from it all instead. I still do that more often than I'd care to admit, and it seems to be the case that giving advice and encouragement to other people is a surprisingly effective way to remind and encourage ourselves to be who we think we are too, which is easy to forget among the deafening roar of all the mind-fucking techno-distractions modern society is so fond of.

But as an old Wise Ass once said, “Don't run around this world looking for a hole to hide in. There are wild beasts in every cave! If you live with mice, the cat claws will find you.” (Rumi)

And of course...

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.  (Mahatma Gandhi, another old Wise Ass)

• crazy1, Coopdog, darci and 2 others like this

#14 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:54 AM

I have fancied myself a writer now and then, but I always struggle to find the words.

I think I came across a phrase recently that said it all better than I ever could:

"Shit's fucked, yo."

The whole spectacle of human relations has become utterly ridiculous.  That normal state of mind you were speaking of TVCasualty does seem to be a bit insane on its own, even if it is "normal."

I don't think it's normal to accept what we see because it's the status quo, and through intellectual laziness everyone just resigns and says "whatayagonnado?"

Well, I'm gonna do something.  And it's to not use my energy to make the problem worse.  If this is all the willpower, energy, and planning I can muster after grappling with the emotional weight of it all, at least that's something.

I don't believe fear or love is actually a plan.  But whatever plan emerges, if it is to be one that is successful at creating a world worth living in, it won't arise out of fear.

I'm reminded of an old episode of Star Trek where an entity comes on board the ship and derives its energy from the fear and violence it provokes in the crew.  In the end, they just simply choose to give up on being angry and making plans to kill each other, and it starves the beast.

If ever there is a war I'm invited to join, you can bet I'm never going to show up.  I've got better things to do.  I will achieve victory by racing forward, whether geographically or emotionally, past the throng where hate and fear cannot reach.

At least, that's the plan so far.

• TVCasualty, Myc, crazy1 and 1 other like this

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 09:10 AM

If ever there is a war I'm invited to join, you can bet I'm never going to show up.  I've got better things to do.  I will achieve victory by racing forward, whether geographically or emotionally, past the throng where hate and fear cannot reach.

At least, that's the plan so far.

Sounds reasonable and (hyper)sane to me. You're doing just fine even if it almost never feels like it, but that's only because it's so easy to forget that it's the world's shit that's fucked, yo.

I'm not sure if it's related or not, but a while back it occurred to me that the views about life and the world that I held and expressed in High School were made fun of by most of the grownups around me at the time. They laughed smugly and condescendingly about how naive I was and that I'd "come around" eventually and inevitably see the world the way they did. That's approaching 30 years ago, and it was kind of interesting to look back and realize that I never did "come around" to joining the Borg or whatever the heck it was I was supposed to "come around" to.

The irony, of course, is that some of those people eventually "came around" to seeing things more like I do, lol. When they expressed an interest in exploring another path (usually after some profoundly upsetting personal tragedy or trauma that shattered their formerly-quiet life, like the sudden death of a spouse in one case) I would take them out somewhere nice and wild and give them some LSD or mushrooms (depending on when, and whom), and now one of them (my ex's mother of all people) is giving lectures on Shamanism and gets interviewed a lot in New Age circles; she took her first psychedelic experience and ran with it beyond all expectations. The nature and scope of her transformation genuinely blew my mind (and still does). So there's hope for the regular-sane, too. They just need some guidance, and when they're ready for it they will ask.

• Myc, crazy1 and Coopdog like this

#16 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:31 AM

I'm just watching this video at the moment and the exchange that ensues from this time stamped video embed seemed to relate somehow to TVC's post a few back.   I don't know where the discussion goes beyond the next few minutes, but wanted to put this here now.   I hope it's okay.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 08 August 2019 - 11:36 AM.

• TVCasualty likes this

#17 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

Sometimes my brain chokes on its own ideas.

:: cough ::

Edited by darci, 08 August 2019 - 07:57 PM.

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,690 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:58 PM

Sometimes my brain chokes on its own ideas.

:: cough ::

I sure am glad that I never do that!

Oh, wait. Never mind.

It's good to write/say things we regret occasionally. It can be a helpful/humbling reminder that we're all pretty much just like everyone else (at least in terms of being prone to fuckups, whether real or imagined), and so if we want others to cut us some slack when we say/write something we later regret then we should probably cut others some slack when they do it, too.

To choke on your own ideas at least means you think about stuff, and also that you think about your thinking about stuff. And that's how we get better at thinking.

It would be nice if society would be more tolerant of this process (there's a reason why you felt compelled to delete rather than simply disavow your comment), but it's only getting less-so thanks to being able to dredge up stupid/regrettable shit we may have said years (or decades) ago if we were imprudent enough to express ourselves on social media (or be quoted in the press) under our real name, as if no one grows or changes in their thoughts and beliefs over the course of their lives.

No worries.

• Skywatcher likes this

#19 MiltonWadams

MiltonWadams

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

Have any of you heard of something called the "New World Order?"

Yes. It's a pretty cool tune:

https://www.youtube....h?v=HWelpY0O0jc

On a serious note though, it's just a power grab by the establishment. They've gotten very rich off the status quo and they want to cement their advantage.

#20 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

When Big Brother went High Tech

by Lynne McTaggart, July 26, 2019

In the last six years, Alphabet, Google’s parent company, has set up two pharmaceutical companies: Calico (2013) and Verily Life Sciences (2015). Verily went on to partner with GlaxoSmithKline to create a third innovative drug company called Galvani Bioelectronics.

In this way, Google can essentially harvest patients for Verily. Say you type in ‘alternatives for arthritis.’ What won’t immediately appear any longer are actual alternatives.

You’ll see results for many pages on conventional treatments, and what may also pop up is an ad inviting you to add your name to a drug trial registry so that, if desired, you can participate in a trial of an exciting breakthrough drug.

Climb down this hole some more. Mary Ellen Coe, Alphabet’s president of customer solutions, also happens to be on the board of Merck, which happens to manufacture the MMR vaccine.

Other big online giants are at it, too. Amazon, now the world’s largest online store, has bought PillPack, a company that pre-sorts drugs, and is partnering with another drug company to identify suitable patients for new cancer drugs.

Amazon now owns Wholefoods, and Wholefoods, despite its reputation for promoting all things wholesome and natural, has banned all ‘anti-vax books’, and even recently banned our magazine What Doctors Don’t Tell You, despite its being one of the store chain’s top-selling magazines.

We were never told why, but we assume it had to do with a column in the last issue that appeared on its shelves, asking some pertinent questions about vaccines.

Our youngest daughter recently graduated with a design degree. Her thesis and final project this year had to do with media as an instrument of surveillance. In a nod to George Orwell, she called her project ‘small sister,’ and in her thesis she wrote: “One of the saddest aspects of this is that much of the information media has about us we largely supply. By using the media, we become the instruments of our own imprisonment.”

And that imprisonment is to enter into a world of censored information, largely tailored your history of searches and preferences, designed to make you an instrument of giant multinational profits.

But that’s only true of Google right now. If it’s an alternative and more even-handed view of the world you are seeking, look to other search engines like Yahoo or Bing.

And maybe it’s time to shop somewhere other than Amazon.

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 August 2019 - 05:43 PM.

• crazy1 and Oneyedraven like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!