• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,700 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:33 PM

It's like the tech industry has become a Dominatrix and we're all its collective 'john' that pays for the chance to beg for it... 

"Here's a bunch of money, now steal my data! Invade my privacy! Pass around my private photos stolen from your cloud! Harvest me, dammit, then test your new drugs on me! I paid for the full hour and by god you're gonna abuse and humiliate and experiment on me 'til I get my money's worth!"

• crazy1 and Alder Logs like this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

NWO? Novus Ordo Seclorum: New Order of the Ages.

(Backing the US Dollar)

ANNUIT+COEPTIS.jpg

#23 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,700 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:52 PM

A proposed change in design (a representative example to be applied to all denominations):

post-102948-0-99823200-1565909509.jpeg

Attached Thumbnails

• funnymoney.jpeg

Edited by TVCasualty, 15 August 2019 - 05:53 PM.

#24 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

I have seen pyramids, serpents, and eyes while on mushrooms.

Mostly my reaction was awe and fear.  I never trust anything completely.

I have tried to communicate with these entities.  I seldom get answers I understand, but often I get the sense that they are asking me for permission.  To do what, I don't know.

I decline.

The best exchange occurred when I demanded they offer what they are hiding in pieces so that I can carefully examine it before I let it into my ... spirit?  World?  Essence?

What I walked away with from that was more or less this:

"It's merely another way of seeing everything.  Take it or leave it.  It won't harm you in itself."

There was a strange depth to it.  I was afraid like someone who is swimming too far from shore is when they realize what might be down below.

Perhaps I am too unevolved to take possession of this knowledge and wield it responsibly.  Or... it leads down a dark hole I don't want to go.

I've had enough of all the dark symbolism lurking in our cracked reality.  I want to play out in the sun, beneath the white clouds, next to the trees and see a clean world and happy people around me.

• Coopdog and Skywatcher like this

#25 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:12 PM

So my dad hinted at this stuff back in the day.  I still have a book of his written by a guy named Carol Quigley.  I'm barely into it and it ... well... my therapist would think I've lost my mind if I talked about this stuff.  I'm the first to admit I sound nuts if I were to say that I believe there is a conspiracy going on led by the most wealthy and powerful people in the world to undermine democracy and institute a one world government designed by them.

Ugh.  Please no.  Let it not be so, but I see the signs all around.

I see deception and chaos being amplified all around, and the people falling for it, and the outcome playing straight into the hands of evil.

I'm no longer a christian, but when my mom talked about the end of days and all that bible stuff I wonder if the prophecy of armageddon isn't self-fulfilling both because so many people believe in it and because there are actually assholes in this world pushing it exactly that direction.

I don't know how exactly to cope with all of this.  Sometimes I just want to turn it all off.

I want to turn the tide of madness, but I'm just one person who can barely keep her own life on track.

Can positive thinking and living life a good way set example enough that within my own tiny sphere I can make a world liveable enough for me?

All that truly matters is what occurs within your tiny sphere... Striving for control over the uncontrollable or worrying about that which one has not control over is a path to stress and discontent... I go through life every day doing the best job I can at being a human... I sleep well every night knowing that by my own metric, I have done my best... Are there shitty people pushing society in a shitty direction, absolutely... it would take powers much greater than myself to stop all the shenanigans... All I can do, is play my part by being the best that I can be on any given day and hope that someone recognizes my actions for what they are and chooses to do the same...

Set an example you can be proud of, its not on you if others don't do the same... People are attracted by things that are good, people that are happy, and activities that are fun... Make that your life and you have pretty much played your role in making the world a better place, its not on us to make people do the same.... That's on them...

• crazy1, Skywatcher and Calba like this

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,700 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 August 2019 - 07:21 PM

I've had enough of all the dark symbolism lurking in our cracked reality.  I want to play out in the sun, beneath the white clouds, next to the trees and see a clean world and happy people around me.

I dropped back in to check this thread after reading/replying to the poll asking whether we prefer tripping during the day or the night.

I guess this could be an interesting example of synchronicity because in that other thread you posted this reply awhile back:

I remember Interview with a Vampire, the scene where he is in love with the beauty of the night. That's me on shrooms. Anything brighter than a candle and I curse and hiss.

And putting those two together makes me want to (highly!) suggest you try a day trip for a change of pace.

It might bring you closer to where you want to be, and it couldn't hurt to try. For those kinds of trips setting is much more important, but you live less than a day's drive away from some of the best scenery this continent has to offer so that shouldn't be a problem, and the vastness is such that encountering others is not a problem either if you stay off trails.

• Skywatcher likes this

#27 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,362 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:00 PM

I would be totally into trying a day trip.  It's just that I remember how bright any light seems when on a psychedelic.

If I could travel back to Europe and walk barefoot in the woods where the temperature is cool and the air is fresh and moist, I think I could manage.

But here in Phoenix when it's 115 during the day my only impulse is to crank the AC down, point the fan at my bed, and curl up in some pillows until the heat abates.

Best I can think of is an airbnb in Flagstaff for now.  Maybe I will soon.  For now I'll keep sipping my iced tea.

Ain't gottany shrewmz anyways =P

• TVCasualty and Coopdog like this

#28 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,700 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:29 PM

Yeah, tripping in an oven is not recommended. Same goes for a deep-freezer.

This time of year you have to get REALLY high for a comfortable day trip (literally). Around 10,000 ft. is usually sufficient. On the other hand, the more you can handle extreme conditions, the more privacy and solitude you will have. Tripping big during severe blizzards has been particularly rewarding in that respect, though I once startled the hell out of myself when I stumbled across my own tracks in the snow from earlier in the day in a place where no one was supposed to be (it was pretty damned funny afterward, though; I'd been carefully and stealthily tracking myself down for a while before I realized what was up; in retrospect the whole incident seemed to be full of literal and metaphorical lessons about life).

I've noticed a pattern where a psychedelic experience can get uncomfortable when the context changes significantly, so if I'm enjoying a nice mellow experience in a dark setting and someone flips on the lights I'm going to cringe and recoil from the light like it was a cloud of pepper spray. And if I start a trip laying down in a comfortable spot it's going to be real hard for me to get up and go for a walk.

But if I start a day trip outside in bright sunlight, and I'm walking as it comes on, then such issues don't arise. So when it comes to psychedelics, how an experience begins seems to carry a degree of momentum with it.

So my hypothesis regarding how our point of departure affects our experience is that if we start tripping at rest in a dark setting we will tend to stay at rest and avoid light for the duration of the trip, but if we start tripping in motion in a bright setting we will tend to stay in motion and avoid the dark. I've also begun bright sunny day-trips in a hammock and the only thing that got me back out of it was my bladder, lol.

Oh, and if I mention that psychedelics are way more interesting than the NWO can I get credit for at least pretending to be on-topic?

• crazy1, Coopdog and Alder Logs like this

#29 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:31 PM

Are we going off topic now? Cause we’re only like 5 degrees cooler in Tucson. Got another month or two before I’d even consider being outside tripping.
Hopefully I don’t run into any coyotes or javelinas

Edited by Misfit, 25 August 2019 - 12:32 PM.

#30 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:36 PM

I think I could dig a trip in the Tucson area when the thunder storms rage.  I was there straight one time when there were about thirty strikes within the city limits in a short period of time.  That was psychedelic all on its own.

Edited by Alder Logs, 25 August 2019 - 12:37 PM.

#31 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Monsoon season has been a little lack luster so far.
  • Alder Logs likes this

#32 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,700 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

I like watching thunderstorms on mushrooms, but only at a healthy distance ever since I got zapped by a strike that hit my house in Tucson while I was holding the metal security door (I was running into the house to take shelter as bolts started dropping in the yard, next door, across the street; it was intense). It was not a good feeling and took me about ten minutes before I felt back to normal (I couldn't see or hear anything for a minute or so after it hit).

And while I was at U of A, 4 students got killed in a tent when it got hit by lightning up on Mt. Lemmon. That happened fairly regularly when I lived there, and probably still does, but is entirely preventable.

My rock climber friends taught me how to avoid getting killed by lightning, and everyone should know the rule: You can take shelter from lightning in the "shadow" of a tall object (like a cliff face) so long as you are at a distance away from the object that is less that the object's height.

So for example if there is a spire of rock that sticks up 50 feet higher than the surrounding area (or a building, or a giant tree), you won't get hit by lightning if you are standing more than a couple of feet away from the base of the spire (watch those ground-discharge currents!) but fewer than 50 feet away from it. Electricity takes the path of least resistance, so it's physically impossible for it to strike a few feet away from a 50' tall object. It will either strike the top of the object or the ground more than 50' away from the object.

So to properly take shelter from a thunderstorm when you get caught out in one you will probably get soaked and may get pelted by hail but at least you won't get fried (taking shelter from the heavy rain may put you in danger of being struck by lightning, e.g., you could be toast if you stand under a rock overhang to stay dry if it the rock above you gets struck). And tents are lightning-attractors, so don't be in one in a thunderstorm unless it's protected by something tall nearby.

To me the very best moments in the desert (psychedelic or sober) were right after one of those storms passes. You can still see the light show from the receding storm, the temperature is usually perfect, and the air smells like fresh sage. Just the memory of it is sublime.

I'd prefer to avoid javelinas while tripping too, but I always took coyotes showing up (even if I only heard them howling and raising hell as a pack in the distance) to be a very good sign.

One thing I learned about campsite selection in the desert is that due to the limited number of water sources, if you camp anywhere near one you will get a lot of traffic through and around your camp all night. That was mostly not an issue but there were a few times during the night I learned this when my gf and I would just look at each other silently with wide eyes as we listened to the sound of (startlingly large-sounding) claws scraping over rock as whatever it was slowly walked through the brush inches outside our tent to get to the water (then back again as it left).

Edited by TVCasualty, 25 August 2019 - 01:31 PM.

• Coopdog and Misfit like this

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

When I toured the West, it was on a motorcycle, usually solo.  My optimum camps were in national forests.  I would find a forest service road and go up it until I could find a place to get me and the bike off the road and out of sight.   Never had anyone find me in such camps, except maybe a fox who scolded me for being in its route.

• crazy1 likes this

#34 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

[Direct Link]

• TVCasualty and crazy1 like this

#35 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,700 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:50 AM

It's getting good, and by "good" I mean disturbing.

[Direct Link]

Finding the truth used be a matter of finding a needle in a haystack. We used to think that was hard. How naive we were...

Now it's a matter of finding a needle in a giant needlestack of fake needles. But this might ultimately prove too difficult to manage, even for those who are making the fake needlestacks.

And if we end up living in a world where nobody can tell the difference between real and fake information then how would that be any different than living in a world in which we are all clinically insane (since that's what we're diagnosed as when we can't tell the real world from fantasy)?

#36 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

I am going to vote for Tom.  I must ween myself fully from a fantasy of choosing incremental solutions to catastrophic problems.  Is the Amazon burning any faster than the forests of Siberia or Central Africa?  Why am I being told about one, and not the others?   Tom is showing us perhaps our only chance, and that is, I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you. 

• TVCasualty and crazy1 like this

#37 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,276 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

I used to be immersed in the  conspiracy theory culture. After 9-11 Above Top Secret became the first site and the last site I would visit every day. What got me about that site is that it was very self policed. Many members had nothing better to do than to dig into the meat of every post and point out fallacies as well as interesting rabbit holes of shadowy facts. Before 9-11 I could give a rats ass about conspiracy theories, but there were so many holes in the medias story that it was an endless excursion into more and more uncomfortable scenarios. Building 7 and the pentagon blow their story right out of the water.

The more I dug, the more uncomfortable I became. The Federal Reserve and world banking system is another one that goes all the way back to Napoleon and Waterloo and even farther but that is beside the point. 

I DO believe in the shadow group that actually controls the world and pulls the strings everywhere we look. The lying ass mainstream media is a crime being perpetrated on the people of the world every day. It doesn't take much digging to find the real stories behind the facade IF one cares to go there. In time I had to step away from it all, as it was making me a little "bonkers" myself, and my wife noticed that I did, and asked me why, and I told her. She asked what in particular was bothering me, and I told her a few points to go dig into herself, and she did. Next thing you know it was 4 am, and she was saying, did you know about THIS and hey did you see THAT? Very soon later she had to step away from it all as well, and told me she was better off not knowing all of that stuff, because now she had no faith in anything and questioned it all. In my opinion that is a good way to be in this world. 

Look up the Georgia Guidestones, and look a little deeper, and try to find out who put them there, and who pays to maintain that small piece of property in the middle of nowhere. 

In the end, I had to focus on my own little circle. Try to help the people you know who are struggling with the evil around us everywhere nowadays. Offer a positive counter to the rampant negativity that pervades our culture now. People will respond, and that changes how you feel as well. You will soon come to find that you have made your world a little bit better place and the people in your circle will come to expect that from you. Big hug for you Darci, and hang in there girl. Dig into this stinking pile of excrement if you feel the need, but don't lose your perspective nor your sense of peace because of it. I think you will turn away from it as I did one of these days. In the meantime hold your head up...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!