• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 secelica

secelica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

Hello everyone! First of all I want to thank you for all the information I could find on this wonderful forum sharing your experiences means a lot. I started trying to grow muahrooms when I realized how much they mean to this world. At this point I've managed to get the tub right and they we're at fruiting point but I needed to leave home for 10 days. Ive asked a friend to lok for them and harvest them, for the subatrate not to rot. He could offer FAe only once a day and it rooted but still managed to collect few. Unfotunatly he placed them straight in the freezer and now when i tried to dry them they got blue to black. Are they still ok to try? Idk what to do with them I throwed away the box becauze it was green. Now i'm on my way to a new setup. Hope to find some help. Thank youu

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be fine to eat. The blue is a good thing, it is oxidation of the active compounds... Often, very blue mushrooms are considered to be more potent.

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,339 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2019 - 06:36 PM

Freezing your mushrooms resulted in water molecules crystallizing and bursting the cell walls! There is probably some of the actives left if you are so inclined to eat them. As long as it’s black from freezing and you treat like any other food that is thawed you should get a lil something. I wouldn’t suggest letting them sit out and dry like you can with fresh or live mushrooms. Bacteria and other fungi will see that black mess as a meal very quick.

Edited by coorsmikey, 06 August 2019 - 06:36 PM.

#4 secelica

secelica

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 02:39 AM

Thank you guys!!! The smell is still ok, they smell like normal mushrooms but they got blacker a little bit. I'm not sure if i will try them but I will let you guys know what I did. btw. they should be from an "aztec god spore syringe". 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190806_141614.jpg
  • IMG_20190806_141651.jpg

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!