#21 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,339 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

I know right? So serious of a conversation! I am so shocked that no one has called me out on the “Fingerprint mold” in another thread.
  • Foster and Amanita Versicula like this

#22 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

Any update AmanitaV?

• Amanita Versicula likes this

#23 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 302 posts

Donator

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:03 AM

NO growth yet~have my toes/fingers crossed+

BUT i didn't make the mistake { i "feel" ) of covering them w/a plastic bag~possible suffocation? 

KNEW the prints were kinda "IFFY" and was really very sterile!

IE~~washed my bathroom walls~sprayed the air several times w/alcohol {Lysol is 97% just that} OR so the can "tells me"! WHEN MAKING the syringes~same for inoc~

Have watched vids on Utube & cannot believe what a MESS their kitchens are & "THEY" seem to get good "results".

Could never make a vid "my kitchen looking like THAT"! My OCD thing.

And what i NEED TO do now+

Thanks for asking & WILL let ya know…HELL i will let everyone know! 

My "spirit" was neutral>>seems i need to be in a very postitive >Place in my HEAD…A DIFFICULT PLACE TO LIVE!<

AS "ONE" MAY HAVE NOTICED! 

Edited by Amanita Versicula, 19 August 2019 - 11:04 AM.

• Foster likes this

#24 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:32 AM

I know right? So serious of a conversation! I am so shocked that no one has called me out on the “Fingerprint mold” in another thread.

I decided that fingerprint mold did not warrant an acknowledgement...

• Foster, coorsmikey and Amanita Versicula like this

#25 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:35 AM

I'm sorry to hear that your country road got swiped! Kids these days just don't get how important they are. I hope they return the roads soon!

Damn... I need country roads to take me home to the place I belong!! What am I gonna do without my Mountain Mama?

#26 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

Just a thought that might help some of your spore overload at your place... I am not sure where you live exactly, but if it was me, while it was still warm, I would open all the windows in my house, doors, the whole shebang.... throw some fans in the windows if you have them and air that baby out!!  It sounds like the spore load in your house is higher than the spore load in nature so swapping the air inside for fresh air from outside might be beneficial...

When I was done with that, I would allow a few hours for the air in the house to settle.... I would attempt to have no moving air through the house.... After a couple hours, when the spores have settled,I would vacuum all of my carpets and furniture... Then I would wait to allow the spores to settle from the air again...  After a couple hours, I would bleach the floor and all of my surfaces where the spores have settled...

After a thorough cleaning with the house having been aired out, the spore load should have been knocked down a good bit and you may have better results...

How are you pasteurizing? I would think that in your case, being on point with pasteurization is extremely important... You need to give the myc every possible advantage to out run potential contaminates.

#27 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Good to hear AV :)  wishing you a clean and successful germination.  

Yep that positive place is great once you get there, but so hard to find and just as difficult to stay in. Without noticing you can make an accidental step outside when you least expect it!. Finding yourself, searching..  again. 

Something i struggle with daily. You aint alone my friend. 

The last month or two Ive been in a pretty good place, and those around me are noticing. Hope to stay there, and here. 

Good luck. And i haven't forgotten our discussion btw.  We'll chat again soon ;)

• crazy1 likes this

#28 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:50 AM

Sending you good grow vibes as well as just positive thoughts.

Peace

• Foster likes this

#29 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 302 posts

Donator

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

Forgotten jarownprint57.jpg

So on August 7 ~i reported another CROP gone awry+  but i had one extra jar & found a syringe i had made from a print i had made~

it was a FULL & DARK PRINT. I KNOCKED UP THIS "found jar" AND FORGOT ABOUT IT+

I JUST FOUND IT LAST NIGHT & IT is~~~ BLACK & BLUE!

QUICKLY BIRTHING~I SEE IT LOOKS MORE LIKE SOMETHING I BAKED THEN A BRF CAKE! :bat: :deadhorse:

NOW ALL THE JARS WERE MADE AT THE SAME TIME>>>AND ALTHOUGH CONTAMS SET IN (AGAIN, I THINK I SUFFOCATED THEM)

THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG W/THE RATIO OF SUBSTRATE I HAD MIXED!

GONNA SHOW YOU THIS ONE. YOU MAY BE  APPALLED! LIKE NOTHING I HAVE EVER SEEN BEFORE+

AS I HAVE OTHER JARS THAT ARE COLONIZING IN THE NEXT ROOM~THIS WILL BE VISITING THE SHED~UNTIL IT DOES SOMETHING [?]

Edited by Amanita Versicula, 21 August 2019 - 10:33 AM.

#30 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:33 PM

You might get a few others to opine, but I'd toss that. It just dont look right.    If that is even myc, it aint healthy.

Looks like contam to me and not just the bruised portion, the whole cake. 

If you plan on using the shed for anything else, bury that somewhere in the yard. Find a semi shaded area, lIghtly cover and keep moist, see what happens.

Sorry AV,  get that away from all your current projects quick just to be sure..  Don't even open jars that look like this inside.

Clean that area, wash whatever its sitting on in pic, chock it up as a loss and move on. Don't even put any thought into it.. you got fresh stuff started, concentrate only on these.

sending good vibes and thoughts for a clean new start :hug:  

all my best, foster 

#31 joeya

joeya

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

I hate to say it, but that cake needs to be disposed of cleanly! Did you get the syringe from Sporeworks? If so, what kind did they send you?

#32 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 302 posts

Donator

Posted Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Just a suggestion. Give up on the flow hood idea from a used air filter totally. Flowhoods, schmuv boxes, and filtered GBs all sound great, but how do you know what they are providing is actually sterile or a sterile environment? You dont.

If you have a heavy spore load of contams in your place,  just do a still air, sealed glove box.  Just a clear plastic tote with a lid, Holes cut for arms and gloves attached. Sanitized and clean. Plenty of GB plans here and you don't need anything other than sealed. no fan/filter/ hepa none of it.

Sanitize it and Only open for inserting your items. ( jars. syrs, etc.) Then sanitize again. Every time with a bleach/water solution.

Keep it simple!  Unless you are working with wild or unknown prints on agar, there's no need for a flow hood, filter air movement of any type, or agar.

Don't experiment, until you've got the process down 100%. It will lead to more failure than success and pure frustration, questioning what went wrong and where this time?, again and again.

I've done all my work in a disgusting, dirty, 75+ yr old basement with leaking in ground water, mold, algae, mildew etc, using a 70 yr old pressure cooker for sterilization. I only use the glove box on a rare occasion. Or to store freshly pc'd items or jars until ready for use, and then to do the work if its grain to grain or something that exposes my grain to open air txfers.

Even Nocc'ing jars can be in open air, If you are prepared, clean and follow your procedure every single time.

You certainly dont need a hood for making syringes! Just clean, open face prints, in new mini ziplocks,(preferably for ease) and sterile water in a sterile syringe.

You don't even need a glove box for that portion. Just some 90% iso alcohol on a paper towel, and a lighter to sterilize the sharp. Straight from mini zip to syringe without ever opening the baggie. For this you should practice without real spores. 100 mini zips 2x3 at wal mrt in craft dept. $1 dollar.

I haven't read all your posts, but advise you read up on proper grain prep and pre-  or soaking prep, or pftek, and proper use of a pc/ sterilization techniques. Understand its not about the amount of water or grain you use, but about the grain being hydrated properly. For everyone in every environment that will be different. Use the teks here as guidelines, but realize it may not fit your situation exactly.  Most green comes from improperly sterilized or prepared grain, If it is happening in three days, next time you make jars, wait 5 days after pc'ing  before you innoculate. See if they contam in that time. NO?, then you've isolated a potential problem and know to look elsewhere. I always leave one jar alone.No spores. Just to see how clean my grain prep and pc'ing were.

If your grain or pf jars dont look exactly as they should before and after pcing, you're wasting your time, money and spores.That means no excess water in jars, your cakes dont look like slurry or mush, your grain is not exploded or totally wet looking etc.

If you don't use a pc, Pftek/steaming is the only way you have a chance at success. Sure others have succeeded in other ways, but not until they got their process down, and not reliably. And especially not in an environment with heavy contam spore load.

I realize there is so much info here, and piecing together a plan is difficult. You want to try what all the experienced guys do,.so many options!.  But for your situation. Lessen the probable causes of contamination, reduce the variable,,.simplicity rules, and patience prevails.

Im not trying to sound condescending I Just want you to succeed and every variable you add beyond a sterile sealed GB for work, is an added chance for failure. There are many ways to succeed. But just as many that insure failure. Lessen those chances. Simplify, stay basic, then work your way to experimenting, before you get disgusted, frustrated, and just give up. You can do this! We can help you.!

Best of luck, foster

Perhaps one day we'll meet up, if we do we should make a youtube video of exactly what you just described? All the extra step justs make one slow and clumbsy. All one needs is to understand why and how contaminates are introduced to know how to prevent it. Being smooth and fluid like in your motions is by far less risky than all the clandestine makeshift lab equipment the OMC preaches.

Last year some friends flew me out to teach them how to grow after years and many failed attempt with pre-made subtrates, kits, spores, etc. I taught them the way I know and you described above. They instantly had success, then later they expanded their research  and discovered Youtube videos of "Willy Myco" and folks telling them that what they were doing was all wrong. A year later they send me pic of their now again failing grows and I see stuff I didn't teach them to use in the background. SGFC and heaters, even a GB (which isn't bad) in the background. I could tell that they were taking advice from somewhere else and where asking how to fix what wasn't working as well. Ah well this is getting long winded! Walter i hope you are reading this! But in the end, simple is better. Keep it simple as you can possibly understand! If you don't understand it then its to complicated. Simple it down to what ya can understand even if it means doing cakes in open air.  

yeah i used to watch WILLY MYCO ~but when i was doing my own "thing"~it just got me in the "mood". 

Perhaps that's why i am failing AS IN THE BEGINNING-BEFORE COMING HERE-I HAD SUCCESS & MORE SUCCESS. EFF THE P.C & GOING BACK TO MY OLD WAYS OF 6 YEARS AGO~WHEN IT SEEMED I COULD DO NO WRONG! THANKS ALLL MY FRIENDS---TOO UPSET TO DO MY "COLOR FONT"

W/LOVE~regena

#33 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,240 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Instead of watching willy myco and his " this is how i do it but you will probably fail videos" (sorry thats kinda rough but how i feel about most of the stuff Ive seen on ytube) 

Watch the RodgerRabbit and Roadkill ytube series. Vids 1 and 2. These guys KNOW.  Old time OMC guys. No extra BS just basic solid principles and easy to understand and follow instructions.

Everything else Ive seen on ytube is sketchy at best. But I havent bothered watching much. no need.

Rodger was a long time member here, their explanations of hows and why are clear and concise. Mixing methods for cakes specifically important.  Hope i dont get in trouble for this, but I want you to Succeed! 

"Lets grow mushrooms" vids 1 and 2- by mark kieth ytube

It is not about your ratios!! It is about how wet or dry that brf/verm is when you put it in the jar.

Everyones BRF is a different coarseness or grind, as is their verm. Ratios are a guideline only.

good luck on your fresh ones my friend!  BTW, , and not a complaint, but its easier on my old eyes without the color lol. ;) My adhd kicks in when too much changes ahaha.  yep Im mental :P

hugs and best vibes. sending to you every single day!

Edited by Foster, Yesterday, 02:28 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!