6 replies to this topic

#1 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,985 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

Trump is not an idiot, nor are most of the people around or against him.

what are the odds that before the election they all bought stock in CNN, Rachel Maddow show, etc and use the insipid tweeting and coup- ing to add to the way they profit from the gummit?

it's a match made in Hell.  Him against Them with the fulcrum of the media in the middle. All  of them win. We lose

The devil must be laughing all the way to the Bank of Satan

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,780 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:55 PM

I have no doubt that he trump has found more than one way to profit from his time in washington. 

I'm damn sure he is not there to make the world a better place for the rest of us, and I agree that he has an agenda that is likely forwarded by the turmoil he causes.

• Moonless likes this

#3 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:48 AM

Damn... almost sucked me in with a non political comment. but... Nope :biggrin:

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,849 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:23 AM

The trouble with going after personalities, and I admit it's easy to do, is that it brings everyone who comes in at their personal levels.  Some folks will be butt hurt that their perceived images are under attack.  We don't know how or why anyone else comes to these images.  It's as plain as day, common sense to us, but it's the same for that other perspective too.  But that's not our perspective.  Is ours the all-seeing perspective?  It's the one we have, so what's that guy's excuse, eh? 

So, even with this guy, Trump, at least he's not Hillary, right?

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,615 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:24 PM

I often find Occam's Razor to be too dull and poorly-suited to use in the context of politics, conspiracies, economic agendas, etc..

On the other hand, I also often find that Hanlon's Razor tends to slice and dice those topics with relative ease. The most common version of it is:  Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

I would amend it to read "...which appears to be adequately explained by stupidity" since it can be real hard to tell for sure one way or the other.

• Foster and Alder Logs like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,849 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:01 PM

I just got a used DVD of the Bill Murray version of The Razor's Edge today, so now I have a loaner of this favorite flick.  How are you fixed for blades?

• Foster likes this

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,615 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2019 - 09:12 AM

I just got a used DVD of the Bill Murray version of The Razor's Edge today, so now I have a loaner of this favorite flick.  How are you fixed for blades?

Very well practiced, both in their use and in their forceful removal from the possession of others (mainly rhetorically speaking, but also hand-to-hand).

I've noticed that one of the effects of psychedelics that can really freak some people out is that they sometimes reveal with panic-inducing clarity just how sharp the razor's edge that we've all been walking on the whole time really is.

• Foster likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!