Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Sta-Green Vermic & Bob's Red Mill brown rice flour okay to use?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Muisiriun

Muisiriun

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

Sta-Green vermic & Bob's Red Mill brown rice flour okay to use?    I am not getting a successful growth of any mycelium.

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:14 PM

They should be fine. Rice flour is rice flour. Not sure about the vermiculite cause I haven’t used that brand but I’m pretty sure the only difference is coarse or fine.
  • Muisiriun likes this

#3 Muisiriun

Muisiriun

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 09:03 PM

They should be fine. Rice flour is rice flour. Not sure about the vermiculite cause I haven’t used that brand but I’m pretty sure the only difference is coarse or fine.

Which brand do you use? 

#4 Nanban

Nanban

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 11:27 PM

Bobs red mill should be fine. I use anthonys brf off amazon and coarse vermiculite and have never had a problem growing. Is you problem with the fruiting stage or the initial colonization of mycelium. Also, your problem could be with your spores if the mycelium isnt being seen. where did you get them?

#5 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:09 AM

Coarse Vermiculite, 4 cubic foot bag https://www.amazon.c...op_mob_ap_share

I’ve recently moved to whole oats so don’t use BRF as much. But I’ve used that brand and ground my own.

I really don’t thing those are the issue. Both should be solid.

#6 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:55 AM

Could use more info. May be able to figure something out. I’m headed to bed though. Feel free to pm me tomorrow

#7 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:09 AM

More info would be great and we can probably get you going.

Neither of the products you mention, are your culprit.

Peace

• coorsmikey likes this

#8 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:55 AM

I was looking at your other post. Did the mycelium ever grow at all?
You had a pic with a birthed cake so I’m assuming it did. It looked like it was just sitting on a paper plate. What is your fruiting chamber situation.

#9 Muisiriun

Muisiriun

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:29 PM

Bobs red mill should be fine. I use anthonys brf off amazon and coarse vermiculite and have never had a problem growing. Is you problem with the fruiting stage or the initial colonization of mycelium. Also, your problem could be with your spores if the mycelium isnt being seen. where did you get them?

Yeah, I figured it probably was my spores.  I can't even get mycelum to grow.    I got them from an online vendor I should throw out names cuz I'm not sure if it was me or them.  I contacted them and they are sending me two new syringes.  Does Arizona heat of 100+ wreck spores?  Online I have read that it doesn't cause a problem.

I have new spores coming in from an online vendor. Do you know if they are better?  

Edited by coorsmikey, 08 August 2019 - 05:54 PM.

#10 Muisiriun

Muisiriun

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

You had a pic with a birthed cake so I’m assuming it did. It looked like it was just sitting on a paper plate. What is your fruiting chamber situation.

Here is after 5 weeks.  I am tossing some jars because I have new spores coming in.  Can you see the globs between the vermiculite?  Is that mycelium colonization, or contamination? It has changed in weeks from this stage.  

plop.jpeg

#11 Muisiriun

Muisiriun

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:34 PM

Here is after 5 weeks.  I am tossing some jars because I have new spores coming in.  Can you see the globs between the vermiculite?  Is that mycelium colonization, or contamination? It hasnt changed in weeks from this stage.  

plop.jpeg

Edited by Muisiriun, 08 August 2019 - 05:34 PM.

#12 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 07:47 PM

ffa309c0f7623063141911cf40b2e67a.jpg
That is a colonized cake. I may be wrong but from the picture I don’t seee any colonization. I am also in AZ and haven’t had any issues.
  • crazy1 likes this

#13 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:41 AM

i believe stagreen is much like miracle grow as they add fertilizer to the amendments like perlite and have seen some in vermiculite if they add fertilizer it normally says on the bag, think that is federal law

#14 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 07:20 AM

I looked online before responding. I couldn’t find that info anywhere. Not saying it isn’t true though.

#15 Muisiriun

Muisiriun

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:57 AM

Here is my vermiculite sta-green. It says 100% vermiculite. Is this not a good brand?

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1206.JPG
  • IMG_1207.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!