Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Check out my jars also is my room bright enough?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 11:24 AM

Now to figure out how I can induce lightning in my computer room

Edited by Misfit, 12 August 2019 - 11:24 AM.

#22 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 12:08 PM

After indirectly being corrected by Mikey, I wanted to clarify I meant not as important, didn’t mean not required. I meant like as important as it would be to a plant. No harm no foul and I have learned to be more careful about regurgitating info without first hand experience.
Also on a side note I am in the process of setting up leds to at least get all my fruits to stand up pretty. I haven’t had any issues with some indirect light coming in from a window though.

#23 cybele

cybele

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

Your light seems fine. When i grow in BRF jars, i keep them in my room with similar light to yours if the light is on at night. But i also have windows in my room to let in natural light therefore i keep my room lights off during the day. I did notice one thing though about lighting; when i first started growing I kept my fruiting chamber in a corner, so that only one side has direct light to the natural light. I didnt do this for any particular reason except that it was the most functional place to put my FC. i noticed that the molds that were in the side closer to the light fruited quicker and more substantially than the ones in the corner of the FC away from the light. It doesnt seem like it should make much difference and maybe it was just the luck of the draw that those mold just happened to fruit quicker, i never cared to experiment. Anyway, now i leave my fruiting chamber in a place that gets equal full indirect sunlight from my windows, and things tend to grow more evenly now. My point is, light is a good thing and i think yours is spot on. Question though, is yours natural or artificial light? Honestly, im not really sure if it makes a difference, i use natural bc i can.

I understand this is an international community so excuse me if I am broaching language barriers, I mean no disrespect. When you say molds are you speaking of the mycelium or the actual fruiting body? Mold is the enemy of most of the Fungi we try and grow here. Although in the Fungal system they are vastly different, and a competitor to cultivated Fungi.

#24 cybele

cybele

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 02:21 PM

Is this your very first grow Buzz?

#25 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 03:11 PM

Yeah It's my first time growing mushrooms
  • cybele likes this

#26 cybele

cybele

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:20 PM

Yeah It's my first time growing mushrooms

It has been a little over or around two weeks since you inoculated your jars! You should be seeing some considerable growth if not just hang in there! With all the downtime waiting on your jars to colonize I would suggest scouring the threads, and archives here. You will answer many questions, including some you may not even have yet. Things will move quicker after colonization. 

• buzzkilluton likes this

#27 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:29 PM

I think a lot of it is because in the beginning I didn't have the ac vent covered and the temperature was about 67°F. As soon as I covered it the temperature jumped to 75°F and everything started to colonize rapidly. My first go at agar was over cooked with too much LME which made the mycelium take too long to grow.

#28 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:39 PM

Here's all my projects in progress. Gonna shake my WBS jar tomorrow buy a scalpel and do some A2G transfers on Thursday probably. Tomorrow is my day off so I may just sit in my grow room and watch it all.1a501a41fc485e2f712f67b751588aa9.jpgbc191028a1c73730e161a112563d5acb.jpg2b23a609c6e7ccf1853d9d8151aac8fb.jpg1429484d5166bcc51964235200262c78.jpg59379e60019623c07a72483d535e2025.jpg81ecd5b4b2f7cb4d4fff57a0d50ffc8b.jpg2b47e2fe48da4bb1dcb2192747362e3e.jpg

#29 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:49 PM

What I have right now is 5 Rusty Whyte BRF jars 5 GT BRF jars 4 RW WBS jars 4 GT WBS jars 3 (failed?) "Pasty" plates (unknown bc I was gonna dump them and redo them) 4 new agar dishes with RW 2 (1pt) WBS jars with PE6.

#30 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:14 PM

Buzz,. You been busy my friend,. Crazy how much faster the grain is huh? I think it’s all the space between the grains,. When all that’s ready you gonna be sitting fat bud!

#31 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:15 PM

Oh yeah I'm ready. I hope I get some rainforest type canopies :)

#32 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:15 PM

Do you plan to case?

Edit: I quickly just want to add how very super excited I am to collect and compare data on our RW!

Edited by DarkNchildlike, Yesterday, 05:35 PM.

#33 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 60 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:40 PM

When I put the PE6 in a tub I will case but I don't think I will for the RW nor the GT I've read that it's not necessary for any varieties other than Penis Envy

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!