• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

I'm planning on just coir and verm for my bulk substrate, but I have a rabbit so it made me curious has anyone added rabbit poo to there substrate? If so would the bucket tek still work to pasteurize or would I need to pasteurize on the stove?

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,478 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

I don't personally have the answer for you, but this thread might be able to help you find what your looking for.

https://mycotopia.ne...nd-timothy-hay/

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

I thought there was another thread that talked about using rabbit poo... Buns, eat a lot of the same stuff that horses and cows do so I would think it should work unless the level of digestion plays some sort of role... Give it a whirl... Your verm/coir mix will produce results but in my experience the fruits are smaller and it is a one flush wonder kinda deal...

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 August 2019 - 04:11 PM

https://duckduckgo.c...anonical&ia=web

• Juthro likes this

#5 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:07 AM

years ago kocos had a thread on growing on wild bunny poo. sounded like from what i recall was a success.

i like to pasteurize my subs in an oven but no reason ya could not do water bath in bucket but cooler would be better i would think as the cooler would retain heat better

Edited by Phungivore, 10 August 2019 - 01:10 AM.

#6 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:36 AM

Thanks guys, I just found a source for horse poo so I think I'll go that route. Seems to be what most of you use right? Not to mention it will be easier to get enough of it.

#7 binro

binro

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

Because it's considered a "cold" manure, you don't have to let rabbit poop age or compost before you use it. Other manures that come from chickens, sheep, horse, cows, and pigs or "hot" manures, need to be composted before you can safely use them.

You might be on to something...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!