Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

First timer, 7th day after birthing and nothing growing so far. Did I screw up somewhere?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Zai

Zai

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 09:32 AM

Hello there

Just like it says on the tin, this is my first time growing and I think i'm doing something wrong. Which is to be expected but I wanna know what I can improve for next time and if possible, to salvage this :p

Things to keep in mind:
- I'm growing a B+ strain
- It took around a month and 2 weeks for the jars to be fully colonized, much longer than what I have read in my research. I am guessing it's because I live in a hot climate.
- I don't have perlite so i've just been misting without spraying the cakes directly

My friend told me I should dunk the cakes (something which I forgot to do) and im not sure if I can still do that a week after they are birthed? I'll attach a pic of the two cakes I have.

Sorry for the tons of errors and mistakes, I know I screwed up but first step and all :p

All help appreciated, don't hold back yall

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190809_055651.jpg

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:01 AM

Yeah they look very dehydrated and lonely! Is that you fruiting chamber that they are in? Are you not using anything to keep the humidy up and prevent them from drying out? That tub in the photo looks as dry a the Sahara.

Here is some good reads. Check out page 17 in particular!

Attached File  psilocybe_fanaticus_tek_.pdf   9.95MB   5 downloads

This photo is of a 1/2 pint PF substrate jar about 23 days after inoculation (done with 3 cc of spore water and

incubated at 70 degrees Fahrenheit). The primordia have appeared and it is now time to birth the cake. Wait
until you see this, and the fruiting will be maximized. The fruiting is fairly relative to the primordia that
appear.

I would definitely recommend that you dunk those for 24 hours. If there is any life left in them that will hopefully kick start them again. But if you put the back into a big ole tub with no moisture other than from themselves you will most likely end up in the same situation. Out of curiosity, how did you get this far in your endeavors? Like where did you get your instructions from? Was it a a video on youtube or something similar?

Anywho....Good luck on your salvation efforts.  

Edited by coorsmikey, 09 August 2019 - 10:02 AM.

#3 Zai

Zai

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:12 AM

Sahara? you are not very far off. In fact, you are spot on.

Well I was linked a video that is around an hour and a half from a friend and I followed the instructions but as you can see, I couldn't exactly follow them to the letter but I didn't have any problems until this point and I was kinda just excited to start as well :p

I will try dunking them and seeing what happens. I'll also see if I can fix the humidity but it's good to know that it is my main issue as I thought it might be something else.

Thanks a lot for the pdf by the way, that's a lot of reading but it's exactly what I should do!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!