2 replies to this topic

#1 Peeledpotato

Peeledpotato

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 04:05 PM

Dear friends,

I posted earlier on my first grow with a grow kit and got some fantastic advice. The growth was great but I had to harvest a little early.

For the second flush I split the cake in two, one half went into the fridge while the second was dunked in water for 60 min as per instructions from the grow kit suppliers. I was careful to clean the cake and made sure that the new tub was clean.

The cake went back into the bag about a week ago. There has been some good growth albeit a little unusual, the pics below illustrate that the new growth is predominantly from the side of the cake. You will see that the new pins are rubbing against the edge of the tub. Is this okay? Should I harvest them now and save the growth or is this normal and okay? The first flush gave me about 25 wet grams but would like to get a bit more this time and am also keen on taking some spore prints from the shrooms.

I was considering harvesting the growth on the sides and then wrapping the sides of the cake in clingfilm / tinfoil to encourage growth from the top of the cake. Would this be an option or should I just let the growth continue and harvest when the veils break?

Many thanks for your inputs and advice.

Attached Thumbnails

• secondflush1.jpg
  • secondflush2.jpg

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:59 AM

I’d let them run their course. But yes in the future you can use a dark trash bag or use a tray that light doesn’t pass through

#3 Peeledpotato

Peeledpotato

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:26 PM

Many thanks. That makes perfect sense. I think a black bag with some electrical tape ought to do the trick.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!