• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stroker

Stroker

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:34 AM

I was first planning on verm/coir mix but see a lot of people say that equals smaller yields less flushes etc. Just found a horse poo source, guessing that's what most of you use?

#2 TheObserver

TheObserver

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,265 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:34 AM

I use worm poo tea, coir, verm, pellitized straw and hippie 3's supercake formula in my bulk tubs and usually get 2 to 3 flushes. I've done bulk with hpoo and I'm definitely a fan of the hpoo too.
  • Stroker likes this

#3 Benredbeard

Benredbeard

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:17 PM

Watching this one. I have access to fresh worm castings and am hoping to find a good coir bulk recipe.

#4 Asura

Asura

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:33 PM

I love hpoo but I'm not going to waste my supply on cubes. All you need is coir. For cubes I do a brick of coir, 2 quarts of verm and bucket tek. Weigh your dry coir brick (it's usually about 650g) and

add 5x dry weight in boiling water. Perfect every time. I mean if you want to get fancy, by all means...just saying that for cubes it's not necessary to do more. I do like a little poo in my sub if

I am growing APE, though.

#5 Benredbeard

Benredbeard

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:37 PM

I love hpoo but I'm not going to waste my supply on cubes. All you need is coir. For cubes I do a brick of coir, 2 quarts of verm and bucket tek. Weigh your dry coir brick (it's usually about 650g) and
add 5x dry weight in boiling water. Perfect every time. I mean if you want to get fancy, by all means...just saying that for cubes it's not necessary to do more. I do like a little poo in my sub if
I am growing APE, though.

"APE"?

#6 Asura

Asura

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

Albino Penis Envy

• Benredbeard likes this

#7 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,239 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:15 AM

I prefer Horse manure myself, but I have an unlimited supply free. I also like coir and verm.

Worm casting I have tried both bagged and home grown and was never satisfied with the results. If there were any. Some get by with it but it just didnt work for me at all.

N.A buffalo/ bison poo is great as well. But damn be careful trying to get it  :biggrin:

Straw is good but seems to contam more easily , It works well mixed with Horse manure.

Never really did what I'd consider "Bulk". I like more small tray rather than one large, purely for ease of removal if something goes green . Yield was never a huge factor me as I can only take so much and have few friends nearby that i enjoy sharing with.  Yield was more important in numbers for prints heheh.

Had over 10 flushes from multiple trays in less than 2 inch subs of manure/verm. (cubes) Even made xmas gifts of ready to fruit mini dub tubs. A friend also got 10+ flushes and had never grown before.

• sandman, PJammer24, Stroker and 1 other like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!