• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:25 PM

First of all I’m sorry if this is a touchy topic or something we just don’t really talk about for some reason outside my understanding but I wanna ask,. Are anymore new members besides me interested in finding out more about the founder of Mycotopia? It’s hippie3 i believe? Before I registered here, when I was recreationally going on fact finding missions and perusing other and all websites and sources of information I would google a question relating to the magic mush and in doing so old archived topics would often just happen to be of most relative value to the question asked,. And so that’s when I read a good bit more than just a few comments he wrote in reply to questions from others long ago as an active and very much engaged member of the topia,. From what I gathered he seemed like a wonderful person,. And I could feel his passion to be a pillar of support and knowledge giving away for free his first hand and anecdotal experience for anyone who asked,. I wish I knew more about him I recognized when I found out recently he was the founder from remembering reading archives he was an active part of every well written thread I did happen to read I think that’s just a testament to this place and to the person, who is hippie3,. His name is the only name along with three or four others that I knew off the top of my head before even joining,. I was surprised to find out recently he was the founder because he always seemed humble and wasn’t ever put upon a pedistol as far as I could tell just well recieved and respected my kid needs my attention so gotta go,. Basically I would love to learn more about hippie3,. If anyone can chime in or drop some links for me to study what he was like how he grew or what he was passionate about I would be very grateful thank you,. Peace brothers! Peace sisters!

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 11 August 2019 - 02:30 PM.

• Foster and Skywatcher like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2019 - 02:55 PM

https://mycotopia.ne...sion-statement/

https://mycotopia.ne...nd-topia/page-4

http://mycotopia.net...ogy-thread.html

https://mycotopia.ne...e3-discussions/

Nice question! This should get you started, at least its the basics that will lead you down the rabbit hole with Hippie3.

Here is another link that can lead you down some satellite rabbit holes too

https://mycotopia.ne...storic-threads/

#3 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 03:57 PM

Wowza :D !! Can’t wait’,. Gonna take my time with this one! Thank you bud :D very happy you’ve entertained my curiousity!!

#4 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:42 AM

Well shhhiiiiii,..... this is about the most interesting read I’ve had in a long time,.

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

There's a quiz! Are you ready?

• Foster and PJammer24 like this

#6 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

Not yet! Not yet! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 DeepSeeDweller

DeepSeeDweller

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 03:14 AM

What is this place I've stumbled upon? Whats hidden beneath these fruity grounds? Today I learned about the archives, down the rabbit hole I go.

• Foster likes this

#8 cybele

cybele

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:58 PM

The archives are a place every new member should, and could get lost in for weeks. Some of the information is precedence, some has been dismissed, and you get to see the amazing relationships the pioneers of this great hobby grew. With anything new you start at the foundation! When following the site map that clearly points to the archives. I urge you both to dive in!

• Foster likes this

#9 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,239 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:14 AM

Ive got a copy (actually 2) of the "Mycotopia DVD" containing the Old Archives, pics, info, and an interactive section that is just so cool. Basics from the beginnings. Ive had it for years and Still find stuff I havent read before.

Hiipie3 was quite the character, I didnt know him real well, but well enough. The guy could say more in 2 -3 sentences than a whole thread by me. :biggrin:

Concise, to the point, brutally honest at times.  The way he set this place up is the reason I am still here. Structure, basics, innovations and experimentation, covering so many areas.. and a real family feel.  I didnt always agree with him but respected him. For sure he let ya know if you were out of line. hehe..

He was able to pick some of the best of the best to Mod and keep things in balance here. Many still here today. :thumbs_up:

coorsmikey may be different in his approach, but damn this place is as good as ever.  I thank him and all those who get er done here on a daily basis.

I might try to pull some stuff from the DVD that doesnt appear to be available anymore. Maybe it is and i just cant find it lol, never did get the search function here down very well.

Edited by Foster, 19 August 2019 - 01:19 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!