• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hattrick

Hattrick

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 05:37 PM

This afternoon I soaked 1 gram of dried home grown Equador in fresh lemon juice and chewed up and swallowed it down. After 40 minutes it was pretty intense as I t came on so strong it almost took my breath away. Maybe it’s the lemon juice? For a while I thought that maybe I actually took 10 grams because that’s how much it weighed before I dried it out (my thoughts were messing with me). Laying down didn’t feel good and walking around didn’t either. Then I started to think this is not for me and I should discard all my current grow ops and call it quits. I didn’t do that but had no desire to even look at my tubs. All these anxieties and thoughts were going through my head. After a few hours it all smoothed out and was “somewhat” enjoyable. 4 hours later the come down was smooth and easy and pleasant and I feel normal if not even a little better than normal. Any feedback from experienced users would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy the heck out of microdosing (.25 to .5 grams) but I want to do more than microdose every so often but now I am a bit apprehensive. Is there anything that might make the initial anxiety easier? I thought about taking a few shots of liquor to smooth it out but decided against it. I read a lot on here about taking a lot more than what I just took but I am afraid I may have an anxiety attack, heart attack or something crazy like that. Thanks for reading and contributing any advice.

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,734 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

I truly think the anxiety and body load is very dependent on strain. I had some so called Amazonians a while back that were just a beautiful colorful experience every time I took them, got some new ones of an unknown parentage, and same thing, very uncomfortable body load, stress, dark thoughts, and I could not wait for it to be over. Haven't touched the rest of them, and they will probably last me a long time because of that lol. I think that effect is very much strain dependent. Just my two cents worth. I suppose set and setting is a part of it as well, but for me they either seem palatable or not. Try some different strains and find the ones that work well for you. 

• Hattrick likes this

#3 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2019 - 09:03 PM

Strain is definitely a factor. After working with the traditional species employed by the Mazatecan people in Huatla de Jimenez, particularly Ps. mexicana, Ps. caerulescens and Ps. zapotecorum I will never consume another cubensis as they generally have too much body load. Some strains are friendlier, including the Golden Teacher and the B+ strains. We have found the PFTek and Penis Envy strains to be more noisy and would not partake of them even if they were the only strains left in the world.

We are also not fond of the lemon tech method as it is just too nasty to get it down. Simply eating the mushrooms is sufficient and if the taste is too much, powder them in a coffee grinder and stir it into Silk chocolate almond milk and drink it slowly. This always goes down smooth and easy. If you brew some hot cacao to sip it during the velada it will synergies the visuals in a big way. Burn some copal or your favorite incense, light a beeswax candle and focus on your intention for eating the mushrooms in a quiet meditative manner and it will open up. If you feel anxious, go back to your breathing and focus awareness on the present moment. All anxiety comes from getting lost in thought. Bringing awareness to the breaths and coming back home to the present moment will pull the plug on anxious thoughts and allow awareness to expand. Spacious, open, flowing awareness allows for the spirit to blow in and lift the heart and mind.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnothi seauton
know thyself
  • Hattrick likes this

#4 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 841 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:56 PM

I went through a very similar experience. I had taken 3g Acadian coast. I was second guessing all the work I had put into the hobby so far. I really thought I was being told to stop everything. Luckily that idea faded.
That trip was almost horrifying. The body load was so intense, the only thing I could really do was lay on my stomach. My fiancé and I jokingly call it tummy time. Side note I didn’t have the best childhood or mother. So the “tummy time” makes sense. After everything calmed down my fiancé and I proceeded to purge a ton of childhood shit and began to heal some of the trauma. I ended up throwing up both physically and emotionally sever al times that night. I also cried half a dozen times.
Either way. This was all due to not being in the right mindset. I was tired. Had work the next morning. Ate a HUGE breakfast that morning. Was slightly dehydrated and so on and so on.
I was extremely apprehensive to take the Acadian coasts again.
My next trip, roughly 2 weeks later. I was very apprehensive about taking them again. Forgot to mention the horrifying trip was my first time partaking of that family group. I am pretty sure that apprehension is not a great way to start any trip. But I faced my fear. I would have sworn that it was a completely different type of mushroom. It was a totally different experience. It was so much more mellow. The visuals kicked my ass but the body load was hardly anything compared to the previous trip.
These were the same family group from the same harvest. Same amount exactly. Also both lemon TEK.
I honestly think it has much more to do with how prepared you are mentally for the journey. I am no professional and can’t tell you if the next time will be any different. I am just sharing my experience.
Brief side note I don’t think I’ll be utilizing the lemon TEK again. These ground up much better this time. But god damn it’s hard getting that shit down. Not to mention who wants to just drink a whole lemons juice. We mixed honey with it and it is still pretty rough on the gut.
  • elfstone and Hattrick like this

#5 Hattrick

Hattrick

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 01:50 PM

Thanks for the good advice. Strain, mindset, setting, and focusing on breathing and being in the present moment... all good stuff.

#6 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:19 PM

I can say that I have had similar variability in experiences which appear to be more due to the internal mental set and the external issues being faced at the time of the velada.  There have even been times when, in the grip of some very difficult external circumstances, I was graced with a deeply healing experience, such as being drawn into an awareness of what presented itself as the collective psyche of the entire Milky Way galaxy, entering into a sympathetic resonance with an intelligence so beyond my little human mind that I could never even have imagined such states of awareness to be a possibility.  Other times, I was drawn into grappling with inner demons that required all my courage to face and transform by increasing awareness.  Sometimes this involved feelings of physical malaise that accompanied the inner conflict.  I can say that some of my most profound and transformative experiences came from what would be called a "bad trip" by most.  One such, of many, was becoming exquisitely and painfully aware of the state of my lungs induced by my own bad habits of smoking as a young twenty-something.  With great patience and persistence, the LIttle Saints took me into experiencing the awareness of my lung cells.  Once I experienced the cellular damage which was the result of said bad habit, which consisted of agonizing for an eternity or two as a poisoned and dying layer of celiac cells lining the trachea and bronchial tubes, and being shown very clearly, painstakingly and in gruesome detail by the Little Saints what my future was to be if I continued cultivating such bad habits.  It became clear that I had the choice laid out before me between a long productive life of service or early death in slavery to coarse pleasures and lowly desires.  Thus, I was led to the direct realization that I had the responsibility to take care of myself, not just for my own sake, but for the sake of my family, my community and humanity itself.  Instead of continuing the cultivation of bad habits, I was called to take up the task of cultivating wholesome habits, eliminating ones that did not contribute to my well-being, which, thankfully, I found the strength to dutifully and enthusiastically follow.  As time passed, it became increasingly clear that this body was not mine to do with as the lower passions might feel inclined to do in the pursuit of mere coarse pleasures, but that it really belonged to a higher awareness which had a mission to accomplish in this world and which could not be fully realized until the body was brought into a state suitable for the Spirit to fully occupy it and so direct it toward accomplishing what it took birth to do.  As my wife once put it, we are not eating the Little Saints for ourselves alone, we are doing so for humanity.

I was just talking with my friend in Huatla and he explained that the Mazatecan healer, Natalia Martinez, will utilize any species of mushroom that comes to her.  This includes cubensis, derrumbes, etc.  They are happy to make do with what appears and view it all as a gift from God.  I recall Maria Sabina telling a young person not to be afraid of anything the mushroom shows you, but to just be open and accepting in order to learn.  There really is nothing to fear.

In regard to the fear that taking up cultivation of the mushroom was a questionable, if not a downright bad, decision and that one should discard the fruits of one's efforts, I have experienced such doubts only because of the fear of some legal problems that could potentially arise should the wrong people become aware of it.  This is best dealt with by just keeping quiet about it and seeing it as a personal quest not meant to be lightly shared with just anyone.  It has also been my experience that the anxiety that can arise in the transition to a new state of consciousness is what brings up all these insecurities and fears.  In such moments, it is good to remember that all feelings are transient and will soon pass.  All emotions/thoughts arise, increase, crescendo, decrease and subside.  Remember to breathe, focus on bodily sensations, allowing the feelings to go through their process, and rest in the realization that one is awareness itself.  Anything that can become an object of awareness is not oneself, but only a passing form that arises, exists for a little while, then subsides and eventually ceases to exist.  The only thing that remains untouched, forever innocent and open, is awareness itself.

Edited by elfstone, 12 August 2019 - 06:44 PM.

• Oneyedraven, ElPirana, Misfit and 2 others like this

#7 Zwapa

Zwapa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:47 AM

Hi, first of all, thanx for your insights elfstone. I hope i'm not hijacking this post by asking you the following question .

When encountering what looks like other inteligences with closed eyes, sometimes it becomes so unbearable you have to open your eyes and ground again. But this feels like a lost chance of interaction with this beings... or missed chance to cross some border? Can u ellaborate a little on this topic? What can be done? Is this a mindset, a fear to overcome?

And it popped my mind that even the time of the year you go on mushroom voyage is also a factor determining intensity of the trip. Like said, when the veil is thinner in autumn...?

greetings!

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,678 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

For some reason "lemon" is so much easier to remember when referring to that method (I still do it, too), but limes are MUCH better to use for it, and Key limes are the best of all (both in terms of flavor and they have the lowest pH, which is key to the qualitative differences commonly experienced).

Still, to have an experience of that intensity and duration from 1 gram is surprising to me. Using lemon or lime juice noticeably potentiates whatever dose I happen to take, but it's definitely not a miraculous transformation that makes a given dose feel an order of magnitude stronger. It also noticeably shortens the duration, so when I consume 6 dry grams in lime juice I'm almost completely back to baseline in 4.5 hours, tops. For one gram it's more like an hour or two. Without the juice soak 6 grams lasts more like 6.5-7 hours for me.

Have you consumed large doses before, e.g. 5 or more dry grams?

#9 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:45 PM

Hey zwapa,

When the door opens, eyes closed or open seems to have no bearing on what is coming through.

My experiences of higher intelligences is best described by the language used by the ancient Greeks detailing encounters with the Platonic ideas or the Zoroastrian angels of emanation. We no longer have a language to talk about these realms and the encounters therein due to the ascent of scientific materialism which relegates these realms of experience to the dustbin of superstition as a result of an abysmal lack of direct experience by the av. This illusion that the only reality is the material world does not last long once the doors of perception have been cleansed and opened wide through the wholesome influence of the Little Saints. The language of the School of Illumination founded by the 11th century Sufi poet Suhrawardi is one of the few forms of expression that touches upon this reality of direct experience which my wife and I have shared together with the help of the Little Saints. In the West, the Old French Pre-vulgate and Post-vulgate translation of the Holy Grail and Joseph of Arimethea, Lancelot and Merlin touches upon these mysteries as well in the Celtic mythos recast in the tales of the Holy Grail, Lancelot and the knights of the round table and Merlin. There the ancient gnosis of the Celts is preserved in code for those with a discerning eye to read. There was actually much exchange with Islamic mysticism also encoded in these tales due to contact with Sufi mystics resulting from the crusades. This stuff currently has me in its grip as I am reading the the aforementioned translation of the Old French pre- and post-vulgate cycle. Thanks be to Eleanor of Aquitaine for sponsoring this bardic poetry in the courts of the 11th century

Edited by elfstone, 15 August 2019 - 10:03 PM.

• Zwapa and Calba like this

#10 Zwapa

Zwapa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:28 AM

TY ElfStone, these encounters must be something known around the globe for sure, probably for centuries. Frame of mind and the means to acces this awareness i can imagine is not something that can openly written about? Thanks again, don't want to hijack this original lemon-tek-trip-report-topic any more.

Love to all.

Edited by Zwapa, 21 August 2019 - 11:29 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!