2 replies to this topic

#1 Shrooms4all

Shrooms4all

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 06:23 AM

Hi Everyone, 

This is my first post and I hope in future I can contribute some info, this forum has helped me tremendously in getting started. I made my cakes with vermiculite and brown rice flour. They have been growing a week and I was worried that the growth is contaminated. After some research and finally getting a post on this forum I am happy to say that out of 6 bottles it looks like only one is not really growing, but 5 are in a healthy looking state. 

When I first started I watched a lot of Youtube videos and did not take notice to the bottle, so I did not buy the wide neck bottles, just the normal bottle. I did however see a video where the person just break apart the cake with the mycelium by hitting it against his hand. This he then carefully added to the growing box in more vermiculite and brown rice flour. 

Will this affect the number of mushrooms growing?  Was it a mistake? 

Thank you.

#2 Misfit

Misfit

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 430 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:03 AM

There are quite a few ways to do what you are talking about. Hongus TEK is one of them. It is pinned in the here we grow section under fungi:magic mushrooms. Should be under a post called shit you need to know. A member named eatyualive also had a TEK in best of the best. Also pinned in that same location.

#3 Shrooms4all

Shrooms4all

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:05 AM

Thank you very much, appreciate it. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!