• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 2toes

2toes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 12:14 PM

So I'm new to this mushroom cultivation thing, it's very different to plant cultivation and although it seems quite simple on the surface the more I dig the deeper down the hole i go. I have had some good medicinal results from 'conventional' mushroom supplements and decided to delve into the world of psilocybes. I need some advice concerning a some five week old cakes that have so far had a bit of a hard life!! I have no idea what they are doing. They were rained on in wales, had some green crap cut out of them and now seem to be doing ok but a little fuzzy. Need to get my posts up and i can post some pics. V.nice resource you all have here....

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,335 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Welcome! Here this might help you, post count does not affect whether or not you can share photos.

https://mycotopia.ne...ly-to-the-site/

#3 2toes

2toes

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:14 PM

IMG_20190814_000736870.jpg Thanks for the heads up about the photo's. I've attached some pics of the current state of play. I'm not sure if the frosty/fluffy growth is myc or if it is mold. This attempt was really only to get an idea of the process but it would be nice to yield some fruits. I bought an 'inject and forget' bag from mushbuddies in the UK, mainly because my house is subsiding and damp in places and I was worried about mould. It seemed like a good idea but the mycelium grew some green spots just after i started to fruit. I opened the bag and removed the green and things looked ok. I went away and took the bag with me, for one reason or another the bag was left open on top op a caravan and soaked up a bit of Welsh rain!! I gave up hope but split the block into four and re-bagged into fresh clean bags. This is the current situation. The mycelium seemed to come back to life but looks a bit frosty, I have the bags sitting on a towel on a heat mat on a stat between 23-26 celcius. The bags are being vented three times a day but look quite moist. I've learned a lot of what not to do from this venture and will be going with liquid culture and a PF Tek in the contaminant free area of my van next time. Just wondering if I should be holding out any hope for these cakes and if I should move them to a different chamber or just practice a bit of patience!!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20190814_000810747.jpg
  • IMG_20190814_000909452.jpg
  • IMG_20190814_000942356.jpg
  • IMG_20190814_001012455.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!