• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tomfa

Tomfa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 10:00 AM

With this being my first grow, I'm being cautious on each step, and comfortable with asking questions on each step. I'm at the fruiting stage for 2 tubs of GT and 2 tubs of PE. I used rye berry and they grew very nicely, in fact, I just started 4 new tubs of PR strain yesterday. Today, we are casing these 2 GT and 2 PE, but hope the experts will review the photos to make sure all is good. Any feedback is good education, regardless of if it is bad or good news as far as I'm concerned.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190814_102708.jpg
  • 20190814_101610.jpg

• Ristardmut likes this

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,672 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:39 PM

Whats the deal with the uncolonized section in the middle of the tub on the left? The myc throughout the rest of the tub looks pretty well consolidated and I am surprised that this section would not be fully colonized at this stage?

Is there any sour or sweet smell at all? You might be fine but that pot just looks a little different to me... That being said, I have had sections at the top of my subs not fully colonize until just before they start to fruit.

#3 Tomfa

Tomfa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:06 PM

No, no. My wife had already dropped a handful of casing there. Fully colonized after a full 11 days.

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,672 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:48 AM

No, no. My wife had already dropped a handful of casing there. Fully colonized after a full 11 days.

I don't typically case cubes when working with a bulk substrate. You can if you want but IMO, casing is not really necessary unless you are working with cased grains or a specific strain/substrain that fruits better when cased. PE for example may be less likely to blob up and will fruit more consistently when cased according to some. My last run with PE was unlike and I have had in the past. It was super disappointing...

If I were you, I would just sit back and relax without casing.

#5 Tomfa

Tomfa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 12:15 PM

Thanks PJ. I was just going step by step on the 6 qt. dub tub, along with being very cautious of contamination. 2 days ago, I had to throw out one of the tubs due to contamination. The other 3 still look good, but, I am hooking up a hepa filter because of the typical basement environment in the northeast is a problem. My basement is essentially dry, but, the humidity is high, so it can smell damp at times. I think that might have been the problem. So, a hepa filter & humidity setup, plus a new plastic walled, closet sized area. Just crossing my fingers now.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!