After I started this thread, I realized that it wasn't going to happen. I mixed the powdered cactus w/ the tea and then added NaCl in an attempt to keep mold from growing, and it seemed to work. And now, after a ridiculous amount of time, this extraction is finally happening. Some minor mistakes were made, but nothing that could not be worked around.
Today, the tea/powdered cactus mix was acidified using sulfuric acid. Initially it was at a PH of 3-4 and allowed to stir for a while. 200ml of xylene was added to de-fat the 600ml mixture, allowed to mix in, then allowed to separate. A very stubborn emulsion formed, but with the addition of more acid, and some heat it eventually separated. I don't have any NaCl at the moment (I know, I know...), so that wasn't an option.
After allowing the emulsion to resolve, the xylene was a dark brown/green color. The solvent was siphoned off and discarded. There was a thin layer of fatty xylene left on the surface. Most of it was siphoned off by using the stir plate to pool it in the center of the beaker, but there was still a tiny bit left.
The acidic mixture was then basified using NaOH. I was aiming for a PH 10, but it ended up being 14. 200ml of xylene were then added, allowed to mix a little bit but not all the way. It is currently on the lowest stir setting, there is little to no emulsion forming, and the solvent is turning a nice yellow color.
More updates coming soon.