CBK?

#102 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:38 PM

Those shoeboxes look a lot nicer after they opened up.
Here's all 4 cultures a ran side by side. Really speaks to the varying potential that can be present in a single spore swab. These were isolated out on agar then fruited.
IMG_20190927_141242.jpg
IMG_20190927_141051.jpg
Now to go snap a pic of my lions mane lol

Edited by KapnDank, 27 September 2019 - 05:03 PM.

• crazy1, Skywatcher, ItBeBasidia and 2 others like this

#103 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:40 PM

CBK=comebackkid. Hes another shroomery member and that's where the genetics originated

#104 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:47 PM

Excuse me, what does CBK stand for?

#105 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 02:56 PM

See previous post lol it's an abbreviation of the members name who first isolated it's genetics

Edited by KapnDank, 27 September 2019 - 02:57 PM.

#106 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

Here my lions mane. Looks a little bruised think it was getting hit too hard by the airflow when my tent cycles so I moved it to a lower shelf. If you've never had them they're absolutely delicious! And really easy to grow.
Then here's a pic of the 2nd flush on my galindoi/atl#7 bag. Looks like I can get some more prints off these guys.
And some oyster spawn just because that stuff looks crazy. It'll really climb the walls of the jars. Sorry guys know the pics suck lol

IMG_20190927_145032.jpg
IMG_20190927_145201.jpg
IMG_20190927_145502.jpg
  • crazy1, Asura, Boorick76 and 1 other like this

#107 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

I want to start growing lions mane because I read it can promote growth of myelin in the brain which is equal to the plastic insulation that covers wire to keep them from frying. My dad has multiple sclerosis, and myelin of the brain is the anatomical material that the auto immune system confuses as a threat and attacks. He says he won’t try any alternative medicines his doctor doesn’t require him to take or even look into it tho,... hoping that if I just start growing it I can talk him into bringing it to his doctor and ask his opinion.

#108 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 September 2019 - 11:53 PM

I want to start growing lions mane because I read it can promote growth of myelin in the brain which is equal to the plastic insulation that covers wire to keep them from frying. My dad has multiple sclerosis, and myelin of the brain is the anatomical material that the auto immune system confuses as a threat and attacks. He says he won’t try any alternative medicines his doctor doesn’t require him to take or even look into it tho,... hoping that if I just start growing it I can talk him into bringing it to his doctor and ask his opinion.

#109 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 12:46 PM

My mom's the same way. Hell even when her Dr ok's it she won't take it. Take cbd for example. Even though her Dr told her she should give it a shot she refuses because she's hung up on the old stigma around cannabis and scared she's gonna get in trouble. Its insane the deeper implications of things such as drug laws and the pharmaceutical companies attempt to corner the market on "medicine". Because of that people write off things that could help without ever even trying them. Good news about the lions mane though it is a food and not just a supplement. So if he likes mushrooms it's delicious and he may want to include it in his diet solely for that. On the same note though I can't get my mom to eat any of my gourmet mushrooms. She thinks I'm gonna give her the "magic" kind despite having no reason to believe I would do such a thing. Though shalt not alter thy brother's consciousness without their permission.... I stand by that

Edited by KapnDank, 28 September 2019 - 12:48 PM.

• crazy1 and coorsmikey like this

#110 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 623 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 02:27 PM

pan-tea.jpg

Well, the fruits of my cultivation efforts at least.

This is tonights tea. 1g pan cyan Aussie, 0.5g pan cyan Huasteca, 2g cubensis (RustyWhyte)

The tea itself will be lemon balm and cacao.

• crazy1, coorsmikey, Moonless and 5 others like this

#111 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:11 PM

That sound like an awesome brew asura. Good vibes for your journey. Think I may take a nice dose of these ATL/galindoi later tonight or tomorrow. Depends on if a buddy of mine feels like taking a journey too.
  • coorsmikey and Asura like this

#112 Asura

Asura

Cyantist

• Gold VIP
  • 623 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Safe travels, Kapn!

• coorsmikey likes this

#113 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

The rusty whytes gave me a very laid back non mental trip the one time I tried at a very low dose. But it’s really different kind of psilocybin mushroom, am I the only one of that persuasion? I gotta try again. I think it’s the parental cross that has something to do with it.

#114 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:03 PM

I still haven't gotten around to eating any of mine but a buddy that I gifted a large amount to preferred them out of 5 strains and another noted them being pretty potent but ironically also reported them being a very mental centered experience and rather unique although he didn't specify how

Edited by KapnDank, 28 September 2019 - 08:04 PM.

#115 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 08:23 PM

Right, i almost can’t put my finger on exactly what is different because it was a low dose but I will try again very soon and let everyone know. Asura, if you could weigh in on this. And do you take that much just for yourself in one session? I don’t think I’ve ever taken that much lol about two and a half to three grams is most I have taken but have never felt extremely boomed out. Just enjoyed all my trips thoroughly and haven’t pushed it o my limits.

#116 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 11:53 AM

If I don't take 3.5 I feel like I didn't accomplish what I want and most often prefer 5 and a bit over. That same 3.5 is enough to cause OBE in others though so what dose is necessary for one isn't what's necessary for another. Another example being I have another buddy who eats 5g and barely feels a thing. Same buddy and 200mcg of L has them tripping considerably more than I do with the same 200mcg of the same blotter. Body chemistry brother but I do recommend pushing your dose until you find your sweet spot.

#117 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for that, for fear of taking subject matter away from thread title this will be the last I say on it. Several several years ago like six years ago I would take about two and three grams respectively on a pretty constant basis more than weekly. That burned me out for sure so it’s been like six years now and I am actually parenting my own little saints, so I been just dipping my toes in. I keep getting scared that if my child wakes up or his mother has to split and I’ll be responsible watching him so I haven’t been able to use like I would like out of this misguided sense or responsibility. I feel like the small amounts really do a lot a lot for me therapeutically. But,.. every time I kick myself because I want so much more it just feels so good and then it’s not enough and I feel like practically guilty as if I’m wasting the stuff lol.
  • Moonless likes this

#118 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 426 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 03:33 PM

Sounds like they're calling you for a high dose. I personally would listen. I would also plan around it so that you're certain you won't have any responsibilities pop up. Don't be surprised if you still have a hard time feeling like you need to be there for your kid even if you're miles away and you know they're safe and sound. You've been in dad mode for some time and letting go of that is often a bump or hurdle to overcome and let go of for parents to push further into an experience. There's not much that the ego identifies more with than what it sees as a part of it. Everyone sees "a little me" in their kids
  • Asura likes this

#119 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

Haha I love the way you put that, just so.

#120 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 12:16 AM

200_8941.jpg 200_8943.jpg

Same spawn split between two substrate mixes. One with fluffy mycelium covered in hyphal knots and the first pins. The other also includes numerous amorphous blobs.

The blob tub may have higher salts and certainly has higher nutriment over all. Not sure which is prompting the blobs.

• crazy1 and KapnDank like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!