22 replies to this topic

#1 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:44 PM

So this is a dark devil by sweet seeds. Sprouted her 7/1. Kept her small cause I'm only using her for pollen. Let me explain, if you don't know; I have reversed the sex of the plant using this product, Tiresias Mist. It is widely believed that it is just colloidal silver, I don't know. I do know that this stuff works and some have achieved the same result using colloidal silver. CS is much cheaper but this stuff is only $20 a bottle so I really don't care, especially since I can literally make thousands of seeds with one bottle. Anyway at the first sign of flowering I began spraying the tip of the plant with this stuff. I continued to do this 1-2 times a day for the next 3.5 weeks. I stopped spraying a couple days ago and now the first signs of male flowers are appearing. So stay tuned as I take you through the rest of the process until we have feminized autoflowering seeds! Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190820_172925.jpg
  • 20190820_172854.jpg
  • 20190820_172826.jpg
  • 20190820_172814.jpg
  • 20190820_172803.jpg

• riseabovethought, Lakegal7 and Furthur1 like this

#2 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 August 2019 - 04:53 PM

I really love telling people about this because the breeders don't really want people to know about it. Cause they're getting about $10 per seed and auto fem are the hottest thing on the market right now. C'mon man, $10 a seed? Make them yourself people! They are very fun to grow

Edit: maybe I'm insinuating more than your average grower would understand so I'll try to be as clear as I can. By their nature, auto fems cannot be propagated any other way but this. Example: you buy a 10 pack of auto fem seeds and grow them out, there are no males and you can't clone autos (you technically can but it's pointless.) So unless you make your own, you're sending in an order for another pack (that is if you want to grow the strain again.) I hope I'm not leaving too much out

Edited by el_ronhub_bird, 20 August 2019 - 05:05 PM.

• Sicshroom likes this

#3 PirateFarmer

PirateFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 684 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:54 PM

Where is this stuff available? I presume it'll work on any female, not just auto?

#4 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

Where is this stuff available? I presume it'll work on any female, not just auto?

Correct, it will work on any cannabis plant. I bought mine from a local hydro store but it's available on Amazon. Just search for Tiresias mist
  • Furthur1 likes this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:27 PM

Damned if I can remember the proper name of that substancec but it is not colloidal silver, BUT it is made from colloidal silver. My memory keeps throwing Silver Nitrite at me, and that is not quite right I think, but whatever, that substance is derived from first making Colloidal Silver. It will come to me and I will chime in with the right name of it, or someone will...

#6 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:04 AM

Damned if I can remember the proper name of that substancec but it is not colloidal silver, BUT it is made from colloidal silver. My memory keeps throwing Silver Nitrite at me, and that is not quite right I think, but whatever, that substance is derived from first making Colloidal Silver. It will come to me and I will chime in with the right name of it, or someone will...

silver stannous chloride?

I was under the impression colloidal silver worked as well tho...

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 28 August 2019 - 01:05 AM.

#7 Spark

Spark

OG

• Free Member
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:50 AM

Is it pollen mixed into liquid ?

#8 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 October 2019 - 01:31 PM

Is it pollen mixed into liquid ?

No. Water or moisture would destroy pollen. It's a chemical which causes a female flower to turn into a male flower and produce pollen which it normally wouldn't
  • Furthur1 likes this

#9 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2019 - 01:26 PM

Alright so I'm planning on making a bunch of feminized seeds over the winter. This 16oz bottle of colloidal silver costs about the same as this little 1oz bottle of Tiresias mist. I have a buddy who at least claims that he's had success using this same bottle of CS to produce feminized seeds. Also there are a lot of Amazon reviews saying the same thing. So i figured I'll give it a shot. Worst case scenario i just go back to using Tiresias mist. Either way I'll report my findings in this thread

Attached Thumbnails

• 20191028_141648.jpg

#10 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,767 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2019 - 01:03 PM

Really interested in this process. I'll be keeping track. Thanks for the info so far.

#11 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:47 AM

Autos and Fems are destroying good genetics. Its good there are more people like me out there preserving good genetics. If its not natural, its no good. Sustainability is the key.
  • Juthro likes this

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 10,304 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

Autos and Fems are destroying good genetics. Its good there are more people like me out there preserving good genetics. If its not natural, its no good. Sustainability is the key.

I see your point, and while I too encourage sustainability, IMHO autos and fem seed are not inherently bad, and there is room for both.

But its good to hear that there are still peeps that are keeping natural :)

• crazy1, ethnobotanist420 and Melonmuziq like this

#13 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 02:52 PM

I see your point, and while I too encourage sustainability, IMHO autos and fem seed are not inherently bad, and there is room for both.
I agree to a point, there is room for both but fems are a waste imo except to start a mother to clone from for people without much space. I will b starting a new thread to show my clone methods soon.
The bad that i have seen from these are sustainability problems. There have been some very good genetics that were lost because they were only available as fem. U can only clone a plant for so long before it starts to loose viability. Then what? U have to cross it with something in order to not loose the genetics entirely. Now u have a hybrid of the original.
That is not always bad unless u want the original. There are ways to turn that fem back into a very close regular seed baring plant but it takes years of inbreeding/backcrossing but it could still be a hermaphrodite. Once a plant has been feminised it will almost always be a herm if u try to cross it.
  • crazy1 and Juthro like this

#14 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

I agree to a point, there is room for both but fems are a waste imo except to start a mother to clone from for people without much space. I will b starting a new thread to show my clone methods soon.
The bad that i have seen from these are sustainability problems. There have been some very good genetics that were lost because they were only available as fem. U can only clone a plant for so long before it starts to loose viability. Then what? U have to cross it with something in order to not loose the genetics entirely. Now u have a hybrid of the original.
That is not always bad unless u want the original. There are ways to turn that fem back into a very close regular seed baring plant but it takes years of inbreeding/backcrossing but it could still be a hermaphrodite. Once a plant has been feminised it will almost always be a herm if u try to cross it.

Spewing misinformation and outdated myths. If you wanna start your own thread about how much you hate fems and autos that's fine but keep that shit off of my thread. This is for people who wanna learn
  • ethnobotanist420 and Sicshroom like this

#15 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 05:46 PM

Too bad if u cant handle the truth.

#16 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 9,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:42 PM

It's been a while since we have had a troll.

• roc, el_ronhub_bird, ethnobotanist420 and 1 other like this

#17 Melonmuziq

Melonmuziq

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 November 2019 - 06:55 PM

It's been a while since we have had a troll.

Not trolling, just trying to open some eyes.

#18 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Old Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

I think autos are pretty cool
  • crazy1, coorsmikey, ethnobotanist420 and 2 others like this

#19 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,724 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 01:28 AM

I agree... dunno why the hate on feminized seeds and autos...

Back on point...

I really want to do this but I’m wondering how to sterilize any pollen left in my grow area after a seed run... I don’t want my future grows being seeded Willy nilly. What’s the best way to stop this from happening?

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 23 November 2019 - 01:28 AM.

#20 el_ronhub_bird

el_ronhub_bird

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 10:22 AM

I agree... dunno why the hate on feminized seeds and autos...

Back on point...

I really want to do this but I’m wondering how to sterilize any pollen left in my grow area after a seed run... I don’t want my future grows being seeded Willy nilly. What’s the best way to stop this from happening?

What I do personally is quarantine the plant that I'm getting pollen from. I collect the pollen that I'm going to use in a plastic bag or container. (Quick note on this: fresh pollen is moist and moisture will kill pollen so after it's collected you either need to use it immediately or dry it out before storing it.) Then bring your container to the plant you want to pollinate and use a small paint brush to apply the pollen to the bud that you've chosen. When the pollen touches the white hairs of your bud, seeds will form. Now if you feel like the quarantine area is contaminated with pollen, just wipe it down with water, like i said, moisture will kill it. I use bleach water for extra killing power. I hope this answers your question. And no, this is not the only way, just the way i do it

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!