20 replies to this topic

#21 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:35 PM

I agree... dunno why the hate on feminized seeds and autos...

Back on point...

I really want to do this but I’m wondering how to sterilize any pollen left in my grow area after a seed run... I don’t want my future grows being seeded Willy nilly. What’s the best way to stop this from happening?

What I do personally is quarantine the plant that I'm getting pollen from. I collect the pollen that I'm going to use in a plastic bag or container. (Quick note on this: fresh pollen is moist and moisture will kill pollen so after it's collected you either need to use it immediately or dry it out before storing it.) Then bring your container to the plant you want to pollinate and use a small paint brush to apply the pollen to the bud that you've chosen. When the pollen touches the white hairs of your bud, seeds will form. Now if you feel like the quarantine area is contaminated with pollen, just wipe it down with water, like i said, moisture will kill it. I use bleach water for extra killing power. I hope this answers your question. And no, this is not the only way, just the way i do it

That’s exactly what I was looking to hear! Thanks man!

Makes a hell of a lot of sense to bag the pollen and not just let it blast around like crazy. Also I didn’t realize it was that easy to “kill off” the pollen... that’s a definite plus!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!