#21 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 09:54 AM

I'm having a simular issue I think stress and genitics are my issue thanks for helping me learn...
... Someone mentioned evening light? My seedy one has been flowering a long time now filling in nice... But I see the seeds forming.... Lol I've been eating them.... If mine is too seedy we will eat and save seed and make some yummy butter.... Has a nice peppery taste

Evening light can stress them out but it would have to be obvious source such as a pole light or bright security light in the vicinity. Plants will adapt and learn to ignore insignificant light sources. This is why i dont wory about having 1000 pinholes in my tent.
“It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” —Amelia Barr
They are away from street lights....I was thinking evening sun one gets way more then the others and that one is in the sun all day....she is a beauty tho seedy or not .....ah will this one self pollinating effect other females in the area...maybe 10-20 feet away?.....they were not as stressed and have just started flowering.....stressed one was flowering a month now and just putting crystal on now.....sorry for the high jack but I think this could help others learning about seedy or preventing seedy weed
Typically it is considered inferior genetics if a plant hermaphrodites. But even the stongest genetics can hermaphrodite if stresses hard and long enough. Cannabis seeds are made up 50% male and 50% female genetics so even the best has the male genetics in it.

This could be argued well what about feminized seeds. Even when a plant self pollinates, it will still have male genetics but because the pollen was developed by the female plant, the seeds will most likely pop female but with a much less tolerance to stress and more prone to hermaphrodite.

Genetics plays a big role and some plants can be stresses hard and ridiculously and it doesnt phase them. But then some plants can freak out just as simple as the transition from veg to bloom which is a normal biological process for them.

To answer your question i would say that a plant that has produced pollen anywhere with in a few hundred feet could be a threat. I know cannabis plants are not exactly a insects go to but a curious bug flying around checking out the plants can easily transport pollen.

Hyphenation would better to answer this question though. I have only started working with plants a few years ago. But my understanding of genetics has really helped out.

• wildedibles likes this

#22 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,292 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2019 - 02:23 AM

I'm having a simular issue I think stress and genitics are my issue thanks for helping me learn...
... Someone mentioned evening light? My seedy one has been flowering a long time now filling in nice... But I see the seeds forming.... Lol I've been eating them.... If mine is too seedy we will eat and save seed and make some yummy butter.... Has a nice peppery taste

Evening light can stress them out but it would have to be obvious source such as a pole light or bright security light in the vicinity. Plants will adapt and learn to ignore insignificant light sources. This is why i dont wory about having 1000 pinholes in my tent.
They are away from street lights....I was thinking evening sun one gets way more then the others and that one is in the sun all day....she is a beauty tho seedy or not .....ah will this one self pollinating effect other females in the area...maybe 10-20 feet away?.....they were not as stressed and have just started flowering.....stressed one was flowering a month now and just putting crystal on now.....sorry for the high jack but I think this could help others learning about seedy or preventing seedy weed
Typically it is considered inferior genetics if a plant hermaphrodites. But even the stongest genetics can hermaphrodite if stresses hard and long enough. Cannabis seeds are made up 50% male and 50% female genetics so even the best has the male genetics in it.
This could be argued well what about feminized seeds. Even when a plant self pollinates, it will still have male genetics but because the pollen was developed by the female plant, the seeds will most likely pop female but with a much less tolerance to stress and more prone to hermaphrodite.
Genetics plays a big role and some plants can be stresses hard and ridiculously and it doesnt phase them. But then some plants can freak out just as simple as the transition from veg to bloom which is a normal biological process for them.
To answer your question i would say that a plant that has produced pollen anywhere with in a few hundred feet could be a threat. I know cannabis plants are not exactly a insects go to but a curious bug flying around checking out the plants can easily transport pollen.
Hyphenation would better to answer this question though. I have only started working with plants a few years ago. But my understanding of genetics has really helped out.

Ya I've seen bumble bees on it but they don't stay long... I have a huge squash plant with my plants so the bees naturally search for other flowers in that area

.... And the one in full flower can see the street light too it's maybe 50 feet away..... But she is in veiw

It seems like what could have gone wrong has gone wrong..... I did have a male plant close but I never gave it the chance to flower... I gave it to the rabbits they love it....
.... The stressed out plant did get well fertilized and is full of bud... I would say it's my best plant yet but b4 I only grew under popular trees cuz they hid well from air patrol now that I can legally grow they can see the sun but the one gets all day sun this was hard on the plant at first she suffered and I fed her with rabbit poop water... Every time I rinced the water dishes or the compost bucket it got that water cuz it was suffering in full sun and it was closer.... Anyway... Eventually I'm gonna take a video and link it to my garden thread... Maybe I can explain better with a video....
  • Microbe likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!