#1 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

Been stupid busy with new job and personal issues and i just want to come hang out with old friends and meet new ones. This is about as social as my social life can be at least until the ground freezes and i cnat move or shape dirt anymore.

Anyway its hard to believe i have been growing medicine almost 2 years now and i feel i have really have developed a skill set and i want to just share some random things i have going or will have going on as it relates to cannabis.

Im done with the 6 strains i have been running so im popping some beans that i have no clue what they are. I only have experience starting from clone so this will be a slight learning curve for sure.

I will post some pics as i move along the way.

Some sprouts and man alive they popped in 4 days. I have not opened to see how many but im going to get them in some media tomorrow if i get a rain day like they are calling for. Just in case though, what kind of time frame am i looking at before they expire?

a63a55d2f6e2a6d07a718c1df6cda1ab.jpg

Chopping these Sunday. Im going to miss these strains but im done with them. I didnt take any clones and allthough monster cropping works.......i have never had success taking cuts past week 6 of flower. Either way im bored with them and want to run new strains. I have a few in mind that i would like to try. fc410d3c3dfbde73a3f2db184a69b62d.jpg5fbce37473fbcf59941e13978dda2232.jpg6343bdf3fcc41c4da8bd8c019356665e.jpgf2681550d7c6923ea2d4f32f1542d4e2.jpg

Do to not having time.....vegged way too long and this one got into the bulb and burnt half the top off. This was the size of a 2 liter bottle and im not kididng. 8a50949d1938e96595472b827e771317.jpg

Some changes i have made.

Im in a modular ebb and flow system now running hydroton but will be changing back to coir using coir chips. Im under CMH now and i get way better penetration then i did with the cheap 300 (135 true watt) led panels. I have noticed they are not as frosty though but i didnt drop my reptile bulbs down either so i cant state that led gave me better trichome production yet because i ran the UVB with my leds. I still veg under the cheap leds.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
  • onediadem, crazy1, Juthro and 2 others like this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,798 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

That is some really nice looking Rx you've got growing there !

Though I would expect no less from you :)

• Microbe and peacefrog like this

#3 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:24 PM

Very dank looking buds!  Well done...

• Microbe and peacefrog like this

#4 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:47 PM

Ok only 1 seed shucked its hull if thats the correct terminology, sonthe others i just dropped about 1/2" into the coir and buried them. They all had a tap root sticking out or the seed was beginning to split.

I use GH Flora Series and just gave them 2ml of each Micro, Grow, and bloom per gallon and ph'd it down to 6.2. I just add 7ml of ph down per gallon and depending on what feed strength im on, it gets me down to 6.2 to 5.8 which is exactly where i like to keep it.

I detached one yoyo from each led and dropped my 3 bulb 120 watt T-12 fixture down and it is a pita because its width is longer then the width of the tent. I know t-5 or even t-8 fixtures are ideal but i have several i use to use for mushrooms so i put it to use. It works well for for my cuttlings so im think it will work for seedlings. I will only use it until i see the first set of leaves and root system begins to take hold then i will raise tve T12 and put my LED's back over them.

Im using coir becuase i will be cloning these and preparing them to go into the Ebb and Flow system and while im waiting for them to root i can flower the host and sex them.

I forgot all about my huck star clone until i opened my veg tent today. She is fighting her way back and was taken week 7 late in bloom so she is a hot mess right now but she will come back beautiful. I do want to keep this one because its my crazy wifes favorite. She is ready for a full strength veg feed like last week! My plant not the wife

Any tips or tricks i need to know about seedlings is appreciated. Heck any feedback at all is appreciated.

5ea8cba3df61d7b1d2eb97a9cd9ba8b6.jpgb9ae1bf4c011b9551e3b9102644523df.jpg8ad08da2bd81a4684d6cfc0101988cd8.jpg97665e0c13fe9f97d7d1d4cfdf63d299.jpg

“It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” —Amelia Barr

Edited by Microbe, 22 August 2019 - 01:48 PM.

#5 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 12:07 PM

So after several days of full strength feedings my clone is looking muchcbetter and has reverted back to veg and is getting her lush green back. Hard believe how rickety she looked several days ago.
2c87aabb51cece39e6f466889f616198.jpg

My seedlings are doing ok. I killed one because the seed never opened up but sat ontop a 3" sprout. I decapitated it while trying to open it up. I lost 2 sprouts somewhere in the solos during watering and damaged and killed a healthy sprout that had its first set of leaves. I have to be gentle with these little dames....well hopefully they are dames lol.

f009836a1c9aed4e7d53d8eeabb26e2e.jpg

The clone and seedlings once matured will get chopped up and rooted then prepared for the ebb and flow system. Im going to take clones from these unknown strain(s)started from seed day 8 of bloom. This way i will know the sex about the same time im getting roots. I dont plant to let them get very big maybe 5 nodes before i flip because all i want to do is determine the sex and i dont to veg until i see pre flowers because that will take too much time and i could be wasting nutes in process vegging large male plants.

Edited by Microbe, 27 August 2019 - 12:14 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#6 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:05 PM

My first bubble hash.......gross looking as hell i know. I struggled twice wasting lots of trim and finaly realized i was using my 38 micron bag as the working bag.

Once i used the 220 bag all my ice was melted and shit was near room temp i decided to let it all sit overnight. Needless to say i think my hash absorbed some chlorophyll but this is going into butter and or getting a QWISO extraction for vapes.

I did mix all the grades together but overall this would be consider swag by has standards correct? My feelings wont be hurt and i want to learn extraction processes. I use a 8 bag set from 220 down 38 micron.

3a155a310025153812c689765db7b4c0.jpg

• peacefrog likes this

#7 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

These trichomes are much darker though because i decarb them in this and let me say it doesnt hold alot but is way freaking easy! That probably also contributes to the swag look maybe? I did pull some full melt but again this hash isnt being smoked by the user......

f221e50a32a3df066c02cd888eb724d5.jpg

Edited by Microbe, 27 August 2019 - 09:22 PM.

• peacefrog likes this

#8 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:42 PM

Plants that have been monster cropped are ugly right out of the gate. I just gve her a feeding and the seedlings are a little larger. Im dropped the led lights down so they should start taking off now that they're not under crappy t-12's. 85ddec42be06d04a97ec09526fc01a54.jpg654936f93c093141961434fae698aa1b.jpg864560f4b8cdf4177f87d15ea14c8d6b.jpg

#9 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,326 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:18 AM

Brother mic, I love that pic with the decarboxylator!

I have one and absolutely love it for decarbing and infusing. Best money I ever spent lol. Much better than the old oven and guess procedure IMO.
  • Microbe likes this

#10 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:21 AM

Brother mic, I love that pic with the decarboxylator!

I have one and absolutely love it for decarbing and infusing. Best money I ever spent lol. Much better than the old oven and guess procedure IMO.

Being new to it i was like wtf am i over doing it? Not long enough? And i had 6 temp probes laying across the pan so i could monitor the temp across the all plant matter and let me tell it varied alot. I started searching for something auto expecting to come across something that cost several hundred or even thousands of dollars and anyway i bought it and it is so stupid simple.

#11 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

Much better result time! 31772983046fb2e14f83b07132330ba8.jpg8d46b657e2b2ac981a1669f2b86cbdb9.jpg

• Skywatcher likes this

#12 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

What is the next step to convert hash into a vapable product? I dont want to mess around with a butane rig but i also want to get respectable yields. I attempted making it in the Magical Butter Machine using VG/PG but i dont think it is very effective. Thought about soaking it in high proof grain alcohol then after straining and evaporating the alcohol i will add the tincture to the VG/PG. Im not sure where to go from here. I know someone shares a link that all kinds of info about this but i cant seem to find it.

#13 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 01:58 PM

Freeze the material...freeze the alcohol (95% 190 proof) and then do a soak in the freezer under 10 minutes. Filter through a coffee filter. The coagulated wax (non-psychoactive) will remain in the filter. Then evaporate alcohol out of finished product. That is the simplified version...
  • Microbe likes this

#14 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:08 PM

Freeze the material...freeze the alcohol (95% 190 proof) and then do a soak in the freezer under 10 minutes. Filter through a coffee filter. The coagulated wax (non-psychoactive) will remain in the filter. Then evaporate alcohol out of finished product. That is the simplified version...

Thanks i will give it a shot.

#15 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 September 2019 - 07:03 PM

I loved making bubble hash! I hope you cooked up your buds and made canna butter when you were done?

• Microbe likes this

#16 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,419 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

I loved making bubble hash! I hope you cooked up your buds and made canna butter when you were done?

I left it in the bag until the dry ice evaporated which it surely has by now. I will toss it in the magical butter machine and probably make some coconut oil. Y

• onediadem likes this

#17 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,544 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:27 PM

Indeed it is! A friend of mine makes salve with the big fan leaves and stems also. Nothing on the plant goes to waste. She donates it veterans for pain. I cannot wait to get my next cbd grow on. Heavy sigh.

• Microbe likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!