Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo

First Microdose did go as planned any advice?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson8888

Jackson8888

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:39 AM

Hey guys need advice, yesterday was my first time taking mushrooms and i took a microdose of 0.2 grams after i got off work, it made me kinda spaced out and extremely irritable, any advice would be appreciated. I started this journey to help with my depression and to feel more connected with people and not want to isolate myself.

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,582 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:54 AM

Hey guys need advice, yesterday was my first time taking mushrooms and i took a microdose of 0.2 grams after i got off work, it made me kinda spaced out and extremely irritable, any advice would be appreciated. I started this journey to help with my depression and to feel more connected with people and not want to isolate myself.

I am surprised you felt anything off of 0.2... I think that it may have been a placebo effect... When taking microdoses, you really shouldn't feel anything... The benefit should be behind the seeds and so subtle that you don't even notice.

I do not microdose but it is like taking any other psych med... The benefits will not occur after a single dose... You will want to take your doses daily and after giving your brain time to rewire and adjust to the new addition to the system, you may begin to see a benefit... This is not a magic pill that will fix all... You will need to give your brain time to adjust to the "medication" and once it adjusts you can decide if it is helping or not.

I would give it a solid 2 weeks before making a decision as to whether it is helping... Also, a dose of around a gram or more is the threshold for noticing the effects of what you have eaten. You really shouldnt even be able to tell you have taken a microdose.

• sandman likes this

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,295 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:15 AM

if you've never done a full dose how could you recognize lesser effects of a tiny dose?

might be worth your time to do a full dose. trust me, you'll be in a better mood the next day :)

a metaphor - having the ticket is not the same as attending an NFL game

• sandman and PJammer24 like this

#4 Thirdeyeplants

Thirdeyeplants

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 192 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

Or playing as starting quarterback in the Superbowl... Depending on the dose ( and the extent of this analogy)...

#5 Jackson8888

Jackson8888

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for the advice guys i will do a full dose just honestly scared of a full dose

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Passenger

• App Administrator
  • 8,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:44 AM

Keep in mind also that there is no studies or microdosing regiments that a single microdose is a magic cure all. One has to have goals set and be willing to change behaviors and habits that support the condition that one is trying to beat. The people that have had success with microdosing had to do it over periods of time. Some as little as a few weeks to see a difference, some have microdosed up to a year to get the desire results. The goal is to gradually get the brain's chemistry in balance and create new pathways of thought. That won't happen overnight or 3 hour period. 

A full dose can sometimes give overnight relief that will last weeks or months, but that doesn't mean that it will for you on your first trip. I personally feel though, that anyone that wants to microdose should consider a full blown ride to face and address the root cause of the condition. 

I would suggest doing some research into microdosing perhaps The Third Wave or Fadiman's just to get and understands the basic, and make a routine for yourself.

Even the youtube rabit hole can be very informitive and inspiring. Once you watch a couple of video's, youtube will suggest other videos on the same subject.

[Direct Link]

• RedHighHeels and headcase1 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!