27 replies to this topic

#1 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:39 PM

This post is kinda for Alder, AKA Mr. Logs....

Who says Chris Columbus was the first to sail the ocean blue??

Did Ancient Egyptians Trade Nicotine and Cocaine With the New World?

It has long been said that Christopher Columbus was not the first foreigner to step foot in the Americas by the time he reached there in 1492. Among the theories put forward is that the Vikings, Chinese, Greeks, and Italians may have all reached the New World before Columbus.  Now new evidence suggests that the ancient Egyptians had been to the Americas as early as 1,000 BC, and for a surprising reason.

German scientist Dr Svetla Balabanova was studying the mummified remains of Lady Henut Taui, a member of the ruling class, when she made a surprising discovery – the mummy contained traces of nicotine and cocaine . Disbelief in the findings led to alternative hypotheses, for example, that the tests were contaminated or the mummies were fakes, but these ideas were disproved and the mummy and the test results were found to be authentic.

The results were particularly surprising considering that tobacco and coca plants, which were only found in the Americas at the time, were not exported overseas until the Victorian era in the 19 th century. Could it be that the ancient Egyptians had made it all the way to America 3,000 years ago?

A number of archaeological discoveries have certainly suggested that the Egyptians were masters of the seas.  In around 1477 BC, Queen Hatshepsut funded a mysterious overseas expedition to the Land of Punt , which is depicted in a relief at Deir el-Bahri (in modern day Luxor). It shows five ships, each measuring about 70 feet long, carrying 210 men and loaded with gold, trees and exotic animals which can only be found along the coast of Africa and Arabian Peninsula, indicating that the Egyptians were able to undertake fairly large scale oceanic voyages.

Then, in 2011, a series of remarkable discoveries on a stretch of the Red Sea coast proved the Egyptian’s seafaring abilities. Archaeologists excavating a dried-up lagoon, known as Mersa Gawasis, unearthed traces of an ancient harbour that once launched early voyages like Hatshepsut’s onto the open ocean.  Inside a series of man-made caves they found timber, rigging, limestone anchors, steering oars, reed mats, cedar planks, and the remains of the oldest seagoing ships ever discovered, which offers hard proof of the Egyptians’ nautical roots.

Further evidence of an Egyptian journey to the Americas comes from an intriguing but unverified discovery in the Marble Region of the Grand Canyon. According to the Arizona Gazette, on 5 th April, 1909, two Smithsonian-funded explorers found a variety of Egyptian-like artefacts including tablets with hieroglyphics inside caves. However, the Smithsonian Institute has no current records of the finding. Such a discovery would have offered hard evidence of an Egyptian journey to Americas but perhaps it is just too inconvenient to rewrite the history books and alter long-held traditions such as the Columbus Day celebrations .

• Skywatcher likes this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:50 AM

I'll be more convinced when I see a mummy with a razor blade and an ankth hanging together on a gold necklace while doing some disco....   :)

(joking aside)

The reality is I think what is now the east and the west atlantic coasts knew each other long before our current european history of the world got printed.   After all, geology has already proved that S. America was at one time connected to Africa.  Is it really that hard to see the correlation of the similar traits in their cultures?  Do we think that the continents drifted to where they sit in one fell swoop?  Or maybe it was steps, with a society traveling across a rift andt bringing with them some ideals, and technologies.  That would work in both directions.

But that's just my ramblings. I only think em,  I don't try and sell em.  Each to his own beliefs, and all that.

Edited by Juthro, 23 August 2019 - 02:51 AM.

• crazy1, PJammer24 and flashingrooster like this

#3 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:33 AM

I have to agree Juthro, the world was much more connected than we are taught.

And yeah they had disco back then so why not??

Maybe it was Aliens.......................yeah it was Aliens 

Peace

• Juthro likes this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:00 AM

Maybe it was Aliens.......................yeah it was Aliens 

Its too bad that our ancestors didn't make it back to the ships on time and got left behind. Now its taking us all this time to figure out how to get off this planet.

• crazy1 and JustAnEyedea like this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:36 AM

Or, if you want my best guess, 12,000 years ago we were in orbit around the brown dwarf star now known as Saturn, which novaed and created a hydrogen flair which kicked us out of that orbit and into orbit of the Sun.  That flair created the waters of the Great Flood and the ice of Saturn's rings.  Because this is a hollow planet (as all stars and planets are), the added mass of all that water put Earth out of a fluid rotational balance as the vortex the celestial spheres are.  The centrifugal and centripetal forces required a greater radius at the crust and the original crust fractured and expanded.   Massive amounts of the basaltic lava from the core erupted, creating the sea floor spreading topographies we see all around the planet in similar spreading zones.  Tthe old single crust became the continents, except for Lemuria in the Southwest Pacific, and Atlantis in the Sargasso Sea and off North Africa, as these portions of the old crust stayed submerged.  Well, that's what I think happened, anyway.   The mummy was also probably an asshole after he got into the coke.

• crazy1 likes this

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 10:47 AM

I tend to believe that the continents spread pretty damn early... Definitely earlier than the generally excepted conception of the human race but I am not convinced humans weren't here much earlier than can be proven in the archaeological record... WIth lower sea levels, and the fact that humans tend to concentrate near the seas, the evidence is most likely under many feet of salt water...

Perhaps the continents were closer together or more likely, in my mind, the sea levels were lower making the amount of ocean to cover significantly less coupled with the fact that lower sea levels means more islands from which ancient mariners can use to gradually make their way across the seas.

The ancient Egyptians probably set out from norther Africa, made a stop over in Atlantis, and then continued on the the "new" world to pick up their stash before hightailing it back to Egypt for the rave they were throwing in the Great Pyramid...

Ancient humans, were human, and human nature is migratory and inquisitive... I think that ancient people, with a sense of adventure, would have tried to cross the oceans pretty early in our history...

#7 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:07 AM

Did they mean they found traces of coca, or actual processed cocaine? Big difference...

And current mainstream geological theory has the Earth's continents smacking into each other and splitting apart more than once. Here is an interactive version of the model (it's pretty interesting to play with): http://dinosaurpictu...ncient-earth#20

• crazy1, Juthro, MsBehavin420 and 1 other like this

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,791 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:08 AM

I tend to believe that the continents spread pretty damn early... Definitely earlier than the generally excepted conception of the human race but I am not convinced humans weren't here much earlier than can be proven in the archaeological record... WIth lower sea levels, and the fact that humans tend to concentrate near the seas, the evidence is most likely under many feet of salt water...

Bingo. We're just beginning to figure that out now. Graham Hancock has a book called "Underworld" which deals with the subject of the evidence which is now lost beneath the waves.

I've looked at the evidence and formulated (loosely) my own hypotheses. But, like Juthro, I'm not selling anything so I just kind of keep to myself. After all, even if I'm exactly right - as if viewing history through a crystal ball - what difference would it make?

• Juthro likes this

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:09 AM

Did they mean they found traces of coca, or actual processed cocaine? Big difference...

And current mainstream geological theory has the Earth's continents smacking into each other and splitting apart more than once. Here is an interactive version of the model (it's pretty interesting to play with): http://dinosaurpictu...ncient-earth#20

I think cocaine makes better headlines... I think that the traces in your body would be the same whether you are chewing coca leaves or sniffing cocaine... So I don't know that the difference, in this case, is a large as one would initially believe.

I suspect it was actually coca leaves

• crazy1 and Juthro like this

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:10 AM

Bingo. We're just beginning to figure that out now. Graham Hancock has a book called "Underworld" which deals with the subject of the evidence which is now lost beneath the waves.

I've looked at the evidence and formulated (loosely) my own hypotheses. But, like Juthro, I'm not selling anything so I just kind of keep to myself. After all, even if I'm exactly right - as if viewing history through a crystal ball - what difference would it make?

Discussing the possibilities is fun... I don't think you have to feel like you are selling things... I think it is fun to share our ideas and opinions.

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:26 AM

Hancock has gone all in on the 12,000 year event being the answer to everything.  I think it lines up with a global flood and the demise of Atlantis, but numerous interplanetary catastrophes followed right up into the historical record, culminating with an axis shift in 687BCE.  This axis shift's blatant evidence has been mistaken for an ice age, even though that evidence is for glaciers in Western Europe and Eastern North America, while opposite the rotational pole is flash frozen temperate mammals at higher latitudes, while there is no evidence of glaciation at similar latitudes as on this side.  But as Max Planck has told us, "science changes, one funeral at a time."

I have to go now for the day.  Wish I were here.

Edited by Alder Logs, 23 August 2019 - 11:30 AM.

• crazy1 and PJammer24 like this

#12 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

I was thinking the same thing about cocaine, vs coca leaves.  My best guess is that the metabolite, or whatever they are testing for doesn't let them tell the difference between the two. 

And I agree that is unlikely that they were using refined cocaine.  I would think it much more likely that they used it as a tea, or just chewed the leaves.

But this is just speculation on my part.

• PJammer24 likes this

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:03 PM

The flash-frozen mammals are problematic as far as the evidence supporting their existence is concerned.

#14 MsBehavin420

MsBehavin420

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:34 PM

https://sciencevibe....-earth-video-4/

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

The flash-frozen mammals are problematic as far as the evidence supporting their existence is concerned.

People just have to stop eating the evidence.

#16 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:30 PM

People just have to stop eating the evidence.

Those stories were even more problematic with regards to their provenance.

#17 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 12:49 PM

Okay, but it does seem there are may flash frozen mammals in Siberia and Alaska, even if humans haven't eaten it.  The evidence of an axis shift, not the most recent ice age, seems to remain.

I found this quote from an expedition leader, Otto Herz: "He said some of the mammoth’s meat remained red and marbled with fat and appeared '...as fresh as well-frozen beef or horse meat. It looked so appetizing that we wondered for some time whether we should not taste it, but no one would venture to take it into his mouth, and horseflesh was given the preference.'  The party’s dogs did eat some of the meat, he added. Note that while it looked pretty yummy—it wasn’t yummy enough. Herz also reported that the find stunk to holy heck, so that probably dissuaded even the least picky eaters in the group."

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:04 PM

This might be of interest: https://www.theguard...says-researcher

#19 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:27 PM

I did see that one in my travels.

#20 JustAnEyedea

JustAnEyedea

Destroy Your Television

• Black VIP
  • 641 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2019 - 12:32 AM

I feel that humanity is just one giant genetical petri dish. Certain humanoids are only found in certain geographical locations, and that's always been the case. Human footprints have been found that date back to about 14 million years. Most of archeology is labeled as 'forbidden', entire civilizations have disappeared either mysteriously or from what looks like a nuclear blast. But, how could the latter be true when 'modern humans' didn't develop nuclear weapons until thousands of years later?

Lucy's got some 'splaining' to do...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!