• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

I’m gonna try to spawn everything same day but I might have to do like half one week start the other half next week,. Does it count as a side by side if I’m spawning jars as they are ready or do I have to spawn everything same exact time?
  • Jinroh likes this

#122 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:26 PM

I just picked up really fresh APE ver 1 last week. Got one syringe cooking off in culture and the other I am spreading between 6 jars of wheat.

#123 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:29 PM

I wanted to get the pe6 but he was out at the time same with the pink buffalo,. Still got pretty much the rest of what he had available at the time I really like him I’m pretty sure we use the same guy

I think Pink Buffalo will be my next try. I still got a bunch of Alcabenzi growing in WBS, should be enough for a large crop if I don't lose them. I lost one so far to trich.

#124 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:01 AM

A professor amongst teachers. My pinky is about 2¾" long this a big boy for sure! 5800feb96943d363ea87b907c4b4c948.jpg

#125 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 12:58 PM

I just plucked the big one in the picture above! 71eed7a775bd6f88a4d3e5b27b0ec299.jpg16892103f2d13c503df60ec6a6a0b77d.jpg

#126 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

Oh yummy!!
  • buzzkilluton likes this

#127 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:54 PM

What a porker! Nothing wrong with big girls!

Edited by Jinroh, 17 September 2019 - 03:58 PM.

#128 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

I’m gonna try to spawn everything same day but I might have to do like half one week start the other half next week,. Does it count as a side by side if I’m spawning jars as they are ready or do I have to spawn everything same exact time?

Not really but if you keep a log of each one(spawn time, spawn run time, time from spawning until pins etc) you'll have the data for a "side by side" comparison of strains. Staggering tubs is nice. It sucks when you have multiple tubs ready to harvest but need to leave for work etc. Or when your tubs do so well you run out of room in the dehydrator. But it also doesn't hurt to let the jars sit a while so you can have just one day dedicated to spawning. You can kinda get in a flow when you do it that way. All really depends on your personal situation. also be careful starting so many different strains at once. It gets really easy to mix things up especially during the drying process. I've had multiple jars I forgot to label or forgot which fruits were which in the dehydrator and they became all became "mystery cube" after that lol
Since then I've limited myself to only growing out up to 4 varieties maximum at a time. Once the spawned tubs are fully colonized I streak agar with the next strains I plan to grow. If I'm gonna isolate it out completely i may go ahead streak on the day I spawn. To give me some extra time for additional transfers
Edit: if letting colonized jars sit while others catch up be sure to watch for knots trying to form on top of the grains. If they do start forming give the jars a good shake and it'll give you around another week before it tries knotting up again. If it's gonna be longer than a week consider putting them in the fridge

Edited by KapnDank, 17 September 2019 - 05:34 PM.

#129 Jinroh

Jinroh

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:39 PM

If they do start forming give the jars a good shake and it'll give you around another week before it tries knotting up again. If it's gonna be longer than a week consider putting them in the fridge

I think I may have to use that trick to hold off on some jars since mine seem to all be coming along at the same pace and I need time to get more room ready.

Edited by Jinroh, 17 September 2019 - 05:40 PM.

#130 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:49 AM

I feel ya. Space is my biggest issue with indoor grows. That's one reason I've been trying to take advantage of the season with outdoor grows this year too
  • Jinroh likes this

#131 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:33 PM

Well I can now say I have grown magic! I took 3.5g and used the lemon tek and it was quite the experience. I have learned a lot about this hobby and though my first flush was only an Oz I enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you all for your help and advice. My PE6 is pinning already and I will take what I have learned to make it a better grow than the last.
  • Jinroh likes this

#132 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:30 AM

I gotta pic of a harvested RW! Your GT are beautiful!

Edit: 3.5 is a good amount brother! Was it mostly body, mental, visual? Very interesting proud of ya doggy!

Edited by DarkNchildlike, 19 September 2019 - 12:35 AM.

#133 KapnDank

KapnDank

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:41 AM

That lemon Tek also makes it much more intense. I bet that a wild one.
Nice to see y'all two getting some nice fruits. Proud of yall
  • buzzkilluton likes this

#134 buzzkilluton

buzzkilluton

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:57 AM

It was a trip that was very visually stunning and it was quite mentally challenging. I enjoyed it very much!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!