Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Golden Teacher, the good times mushroom??

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:49 PM

After recently becoming obsessed with mushrooms over the last month or so. To my surprise there were all these different cubensis types. Over the years of sparsely purchasing magic mushrooms from the "guy" we always assumed they were pretty much all the same. Potency was just based on a good or bad grower.

I have noticed a few people describe the golden teacher cubes as the happy mushroom. They apparently just seem to put out more good vibes and happy feelings

Anyone support this theory?

Officially cubensis cubans have been the only know species test I can check off

Also not clear on the species naming part, if the cubans or the cambodians fall into that name system. Or is the species just cubensis and the cuban or cambodian are something else

Edited by flashingrooster, 29 August 2019 - 04:53 PM.

• Amanita Versicula likes this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 606 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 04:56 PM

Psilocybe cubensis is the species.
GT, Cambodian, Cuban, Penis Envy, etc... are strains of that species.
  • Amanita Versicula, flashingrooster and Kensho like this

#3 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:15 AM

Im going with Golden Teacher also.  I grew a bunch of extremely weak Golden Teacher from a poor source, but now have a good spore syringe, I am making into LC and bulk grow.  We will see.  I am also growing Penis Envy.  Weirdest dam thing Ive ever seen.  No fruiting, but they have a "veil" of mycelium over them.  Also growing shiitake for wife..haha.....she is 63 and scared of the results in taking, however, she did a lot of acid a bunch of years ago.  I hope she will relent.  I believe it would be so good for her.

Let us know how your grow goes brother.

• crazy1, Coopdog, Amanita Versicula and 1 other like this

#4 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:08 PM

No, not growing it at the moment.

Just finshed some cubans, and got cambodians in the grain spawn stage

My alacabenzi failed miserably in the injection stage

But ya, let me know how they turn out

#5 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 329 posts

Donator

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:14 PM

i have 2 cakes left & covered in "new white" which IS NOT CONTAMS "YET"!

BUT IT IS COLD HERE NOW. AND MY Quartz heater died (it's been used for many years-continually}

my house heat doesn't even go UP to 80º! guess i gotta put them in the bathroom w/a space heater that does GO up to 80! 

i dropped the ones i cased-moving ALL OVER THE PLACE~which showed great SIGNS of re-colonization.

AND i wanted for my b-day! guess not.

don't know what to DO+

Wish you both WELL though!

PeAcE~regena

• Coopdog and Randys67 like this

#6 4RaV3SpL

4RaV3SpL

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:12 AM

I ate 5.5g of golden teacher and it felt like my head and entire body would explode with pure joy (next time I'll drop to ~4.5g). Microdosing with them also gives an uplifting feeling, mental clarity, energy.

Edited by 4RaV3SpL, 06 September 2019 - 01:17 AM.

• Amanita Versicula, Randys67 and flashingrooster like this

#7 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:40 PM

Tears of joy?

#8 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:14 PM

i have 2 cakes left & covered in "new white" which IS NOT CONTAMS "YET"!

BUT IT IS COLD HERE NOW. AND MY Quartz heater died (it's been used for many years-continually}

my house heat doesn't even go UP to 80º! guess i gotta put them in the bathroom w/a space heater that does GO up to 80! 

i dropped the ones i cased-moving ALL OVER THE PLACE~which showed great SIGNS of re-colonization.

AND i wanted for my b-day! guess not.

don't know what to DO+

Wish you both WELL though!

PeAcE~regena

The fellas on  this forum convinced me to just run lower temps. Everything seems to have transitioned without a hitch

#9 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:35 PM

As for Cubensis I had some of the most beautiful trips ever on Golden Teachers, and Treasure Coast and Orissa Indians. I found those three seem to vibe well with me and produce uplifting and positive experiences. Mexicana and Blue Meanies gave me dark and strange trips. I used to think it is largely do to day to day conditions, how you sleep, what you eat, your mental state at the time you dose, and stuff like that which produce the different spectrums of experience, but having more experience I tend to think that Cubensis varies in effect as much as different strains of marijuana and can consistantly produce similar trips with the right setting. 

Randys67, man my wife never got with the mushroom experience either. She liked woodlovers, because you take so little for such a ride, but she never has been into Cubensis much. She will occasionally take a gram or so with me if I nag her into it, but she rarely enjoys the night like I do. Different strokes for different folks I reckon man! 

• Samwise, Amanita Versicula, Randys67 and 2 others like this

#10 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:42 PM

Yes the wife is resistant. Lol. I’m anxious to try some. My first grow was good but zip effect....prob just exhausted spores...?

#11 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:44 PM

Oh and I have mycelium in the LC! Yea! :)))). Thanks!

#12 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:02 PM

As for Cubensis I had some of the most beautiful trips ever on Golden Teachers, and Treasure Coast and Orissa Indians. I found those three seem to vibe well with me and produce uplifting and positive experiences. Mexicana and Blue Meanies gave me dark and strange trips. I used to think it is largely do to day to day conditions, how you sleep, what you eat, your mental state at the time you dose, and stuff like that which produce the different spectrums of experience, but having more experience I tend to think that Cubensis varies in effect as much as different strains of marijuana and can consistantly produce similar trips with the right setting. 

Randys67, man my wife never got with the mushroom experience either. She liked woodlovers, because you take so little for such a ride, but she never has been into Cubensis much. She will occasionally take a gram or so with me if I nag her into it, but she rarely enjoys the night like I do. Different strokes for different folks I reckon man! 

Man, thanks for telling us your experiences with other :"flavors".....really  will help me.  I have been watching folks reports of Penis Envy and hearing some darker things.  Be good to try Golden Teacher.  Have not taken psychedelics in 40 years!  

#13 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

Yes the wife is resistant. Lol. I’m anxious to try some. My first grow was good but zip effect....prob just exhausted spores...?

How much did you eat? sounds strange

#14 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

How much did you eat? sounds strange
4 or 5 grams. Twice. Felt good next day but nothing that night

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

#15 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:47 PM

Wet or dry? its basically 10 to 1 ratio.  So if wet more like under a gram dose. you may have been right on the micro dose threshold?

• SporeyMF likes this

#16 Randys67

Randys67

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:52 PM

I dried them thoroughly first though. :). Looks like this whole new batch has fungus. Hope the LC is ok

#17 Boorick76

Boorick76

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 12:40 PM

What's crazy is how many times (more than i can count) I have tripped shrooms and never knew what kind they were.
This is going to be my first, not only knowing(golden teacher) what I'm taking, but my very own. Definitely going to add to the whole experience.
  • crazy1 and Randys67 like this

#18 flashingrooster

flashingrooster

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

What's crazy is how many times (more than i can count) I have tripped shrooms and never knew what kind they were.
This is going to be my first, not only knowing(golden teacher) what I'm taking, but my very own. Definitely going to add to the whole experience

I wonder what makes more difference. The strain of mushroom or where you do it? Assuming same dosage

• Amanita Versicula and Randys67 like this

#19 Boorick76

Boorick76

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:26 AM

I know setting plays a role in the way we feel, but different strains do too.
Although, most of the times I've tripped, I didn't know what strain I consumed, I could always tell the differences. Meaning, sometimes they mellowed me out(stink into the couch), sometimes they made me want to techno dance.
The shrooms I purchased were always pieces of stems and rarely more than one or two caps. I was ignorant, and always thought that the bigger the open cap was, the better. That's why i never got great big open caps... lol
  • Randys67 likes this

#20 peacefrog

peacefrog

Peaceful Frog

• 2,274 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:02 AM

There has been much debate over the years over “a cube is a cube”. I personally think that different types of cubes can produce differences in effects. Just my opinion though.

Golden Teacher varietiy is an old and highly domesticated cube and one I still hold on to today.

Set and setting do play a big role though. But from my experience with several different varieties of cubes over the years, they are a lttle different.

Just my 2 pennies.
  • crazy1, Misfit, Randys67 and 2 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!