210 replies to this topic

#201 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:21 PM

If your referring to Trump using anti china as a vehicle to run his campaign on then he is guilty. That is just an unfortunate coincidence for the uyhgur, their persecution started long before Trump came into the picture. You won't see any attention given to the story by the main stream media so you really have nothing to worry about. Most folk are way to wrapped up in who they are going to vote for than to worry about some Muslims halfway across the world.

I would bet more people thought about Kim Kardashian's ass today than they did the Uyhgur

Edited by flashingrooster, 08 September 2020 - 05:25 PM.

#202 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,793 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:29 PM

Your helping to make my point for me, Rooster.  The problem has existed long before Trump, and yet it wasn't brought until right now, just a few months before the Elections.  I will be interested to see much Saggar and Krystal have to say about this after the election is over.

#203 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 05:48 PM

Well how do you explain this anti trump bit?

[Direct Link]

#204 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,793 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 07:35 PM

The Hill is just as opinionated as any other news agency, if you think they are middle of the road, and absolutely neutral, your fooling yourself.  Almost the entire first minute was spent bashing 'corporate' media but the only bashed the liberal outlets, no mention of FOX, or any other right wing pushing rag, as if they aren't corporate enough to be bashed.   Does this sound like a good source for unbiased reporting to you, or are they just saying what you want to hear, so you accept it?

No thanks, I'll pass....

• Myc likes this

#205 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,333 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:24 PM

Know thine enemy. Know thyself.

Listen to all viewpoints and apply scientific analysis.

Bless you Juthro. I get kinda "out there" sometimes but your viewpoint relates most closely with my own. Confirmation bias? or Acute Observer?

• Juthro and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#206 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,793 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2020 - 08:55 PM

Thanks, Myc, I think we are much more alike, than we are different.

• Myc likes this

#207 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:25 PM

I have made that statement myself in this thread, waiting for the clock to run out on that show to see where their bias lands. Any of those shows are pumping propaganda in one form or another I accept that fact

There will always be that cognitive bias to wrestle with. It was eight years or so of sucking down the mainstream agenda and defending it, I had my fill of that. Now I am trying something a little different for a change. I never said they were some perfect neutral organization, at the end of the day all they really want is money, that comes in the form of clicks. There are plenty of times I shut down my browser asking myself why do I even bother with media outlets. I know it's bad for me but it's hard to stop.

I do however see it as a bit of a break from the Ad nauseam of either super anti trump or super anit left.

I could easily throw that statement back at you though. You clearly have a bias against that show so let's agree to disagree on it. Nobody is forcing you to click on the videos or comment on them

#208 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,793 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:17 PM

I could easily throw that statement back at you though. You clearly have a bias against that show so let's agree to disagree on it. Nobody is forcing you to click on the videos or comment on them

I agree the blade cuts both ways.  And while you are correct that no one is forcing me to watch or comment, you did post the vid, and addressed me directly with a question about my thoughts on it.   So I'm sorry if you don't agree with my comments, but you asked for them. 

And if really wanted to be nit picky, the same could apply back to you in regards to reading, and commenting on my posts.  You see, that blade also cuts both ways.

That's not what I'm suggesting we do, BTW, I'm just pointing out how this path leads to nowhere

#209 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 1,734 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:22 PM

Just admit it your going to vote for Trump  :laugh:  

It's all good brother :hug: I take back that statement It would be no fun without comments

and you cant double stamp my triple stamp Juthro

[Direct Link]

#210 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,793 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:37 PM

Just admit it your going to vote for Trump  :laugh:

:excl:  :bat:  :excl:

(jk,   :biggrin:  :hug:

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#211 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,793 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 September 2020 - 12:04 AM

I wish I seen more journalists here in the US push like this.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!