#41 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,919 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2020 - 01:55 PM

It seems to me that you've got your own list of people to vote against, Alder.  But I'm not trying to change your mind on anything, I'm just expressing my view.

So you go right ahead and bang your drum brother.  Bang it loud as you need.

[Direct Link]

• Oneyedraven likes this

#42 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,842 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:41 PM

It seems to me that you've got your own list of people to vote against, Alder.  But I'm not trying to change your mind on anything, I'm just expressing my view.

So you go right ahead and bang your drum brother.  Bang it loud as you need.

I'm still not sure why he doesn't just employ some of that non-attachment advice to his politics...

Edited by August West, 14 February 2020 - 05:41 PM.

• Juthro and Oneyedraven like this

#43 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 10:44 AM

Just trying to head off the cheat and create some choice.  My action figure has these habitual tendencies.  Even though I know I'm pissin' into the wind, what with the insecure voting machines, the MSM press learning to forego exit polls, and watching the war mongers buy the whole process, I just have to be like that mouse, painted on black velvet, flipping off the swooping eagle.

BTW, no, I am actually intending to vote for someone.  I don't vote against someone.  If there's no one I want to vote for, I don't vote for anyone.  I won't do the lesser of two evils thing, not wanting to encourage the evil in any way.  But then, I just covered how much we can trust voting to start with.

The Hopi impressed me a long time ago with the idea of: right action with no attachment to the results.   As far as any actions go, perhaps it is all pissin' into the wind in this time.   I live a life of service.  If my visible actions don't appear as a service to everyone, there's nothing I could do about it, even if that mattered to me.  If someone is pissed off by their perception of my actions, I am afraid that has to be their choice.

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 February 2020 - 10:56 AM.

• Myc likes this

#44 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,919 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:33 PM

Regardless of your playing with semantics, all I said was If you have an exclusive list of candidates that you would be willing to vote for, then there is by logic a list for whom you would not vote.   I never said anything about voting against someone, those were your words.   

What I did say is the worst the dems have to offer is still better than the option on the other side of the aisle.   I dont give a damn about red or blue, I'm an independent.   I'll choose who I feel is going to deal with the issues that matter to me in a manner that I find favorable.

• wharfrat likes this

#45 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:28 AM

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

Here's an interesting rundown on potential President Bloomberg:

[Direct Link]

#47 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,919 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:17 PM

I find it telling that someone who says they are only about voting for someone,  posts so many videos that only show opinions against somebody else.

#48 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:56 AM

I think it's good to know the candidates' records.  I hate seeing top level elections decided like they're for high school class president.  I think it's important to see if a Mayor Pete is from the intel community and being groomed and cheated for, or if a Bloomberg is so close to a Trump in his actions and substance, if not style, and can buy, if not the elections outright, can hand control of the result over to a thoroughly corrupt party machine, and maybe even "win" that way.  

I do this for my friends here.  They may think I am crazy and ignore all this content I post.  If they're are my friends, I guess they'll forgive me.   It is always a horses to water thing.   Either I have gotten something worthwhile out of so many decades of political awareness, or I have just been a fool.   I can't decide what others will think.

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 February 2020 - 11:02 AM.

#49 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

#50 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:12 PM

oligarch n.

1. one of the rulers in an oligarchy.

oligarchy n.

1. a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or

2. clique; government by the few.

3. a state or organization so ruled. the persons or class so ruling.

plutocrat n.

1. a member of a plutocracy.

plutocracy n.

1. the rule or power of wealth or of the wealthy.

2. a government or state in which the wealthy class rules.

3. a class or group ruling, or exercising power or influence, by virtue of its wealth.

#51 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:21 PM

Yes, Krystal, there can be worse things than Trump!

[Direct Link]

#52 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 8,919 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:28 PM

While I agree Bloomberg is not a good choice for anyone but the elite, and likely the worst pick possible from the dems, but I disagree that anyone is a worse pick then trump, no matter how many hours of shock jock reports you post.

You say your only for candidates, and not against them, but I haven't seen a single one of these posts that sings the praises of anyone but those doing the reporting. 

#53 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:26 PM

If you want me to pick a candidate in the Dem race, it would be one of the two that are most suppressed by the totally corrupt party machine and the large portion of the mainstream press that's been doing their bidding.  We will have to see if my preferred candidates are allowed to get any farther than, say, Henry Wallace in 1944, or Eugene McCarthy or Robert Kennedy in 1968.  The party has a long history of cheating any populist in opposition to the MIC.   So, we'll see.

Edited by Alder Logs, 18 February 2020 - 09:38 PM.

• FLASHINGROOSTER likes this

#54 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:42 AM

[Direct Link]

#55 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 11:31 AM

Speaking of voting against someone, watch the corporate establishment Democratic Party go after their most popular candidate in every anti-democratic way they can think of.    It would be one thing if this was the first time.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice...

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

#56 gonefishen

gonefishen

cactus protector

• Free Member
  • 476 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:45 PM

politics on mycotopia

#57 gonefishen

gonefishen

cactus protector

• Free Member
  • 476 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

politics on mycotopia? WTF I am appalled that the moderators would allow this disgusting post to be on this site.  Shame on you MYCOTOPIA!!

#58 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,842 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:22 PM

Been gone for a while, eh?

• Juthro and wharfrat like this

#59 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,746 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2020 - 01:41 PM

politics on mycotopia? WTF I am appalled that the moderators would allow this disgusting post to be on this site.  Shame on you MYCOTOPIA!!

at the time, it was the consensus of the mycotopia family of members that we should allow political discussions or a forum specifically for that discussion. It was agreed upon by the majority. 

Personally I am getting so tired of politics and come here to get away from it, I usually never look at this forum, so I really cant speak for anyone here but I hope it has been kept in

adherence to the rules set forth. No one ever said this was a permanent fixture and can be closed at any time, if we feel it is doing more harm than good.

so, yes, there is a forum for that kind of discussion on topia. we try and keep the rest of the forums politics free.

• Juthro and Wimzers like this

#60 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,023 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2020 - 12:14 PM

For those of us who care how the system (the one out there that makes us into outlaws) is run, to enforce an ignorance of it would be on a par with us outlawing discussing anything without one hundred percent agreement among the members (or perhaps the dictates of management alone, as it once was). 

============

For those wishing for a democratic shift away from a moneyed control of what we might do under the law, one side of our systematic duopolistic constraint has moved to prevent such small 'd' democratic rule, though they claim the word as their title.  Here is a discussion of how it is being done at present.  It is my opinion that the historical constraint leveraged by that side is in great part how we have gotten to where we are at present.   Here is a discussion about just that.

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 22 February 2020 - 12:20 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!