45 replies to this topic

#21 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:15 PM

This thread has given my negative side a punt to the back seat. While I appreciate just about everything, I don't want to jinx myself and say life is relatively a breeze comparatively. My thoughts are with all of you for some peace and calm to fall upon you. Many hugs and all my hopes.

• TVCasualty, crazy1, coorsmikey and 5 others like this

#22 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,820 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2019 - 09:54 PM

Through the branches and intertwining roots of the world tree,

I send out love and positive vibes to all of those who need it.

And if you need to rid your being of any negative or darkening thought,

I invite you to release it to the deep earth far beneath your energetic roots......

where the living Earth will elevate the vibration again.

post-126525-0-91372900-1567479171.jpg

8430ab0365063814540ea952e8641002.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 02 September 2019 - 09:55 PM.

• onediadem, TVCasualty, crazy1 and 6 others like this

#23 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2019 - 11:55 PM

TV thanks for the perspective. I had that roof a year ago, then a friend out of the blue did a ton of work on it for a thousand bucks, and now the rain stays out. Thank God for friends and people who help me to keep it real. You all rock and I appreciate all of you. 

• onediadem, TVCasualty, crazy1 and 2 others like this

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:38 AM

Durn Teev, I have enjoyed you being here more.  I hope that part isn't the right one so you stick around more.  Nice, huh?

• onediadem and buteo like this

#25 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:27 AM

This thread has given my negative side a punt to the back seat. While I appreciate just about everything, I don't want to jinx myself and say life is relatively a breeze comparatively. My thoughts are with all of you for some peace and calm to fall upon you. Many hugs and all my hopes.

It seems to be a matter of timing. I would guess that you've had a rough patch or two in the past just like I've had an easy-breezy life at times in the past. Same goes for everyone else, eventually (well, except for the easy-breezy times; some folks never get those).

I would have "liked" that post but I ran out of likes today. This is the first time that's happened. I guess the cognitive changes currently under way are real, lol.

Durn Teev, I have enjoyed you being here more.  I hope that part isn't the right one so you stick around more.  Nice, huh?

I've had my fill of sweeping up around the ashram this week, thank you very much.

And you may have gotten your wish since they "have to call me back," so here I still am, lol.

Edited by TVCasualty, 03 September 2019 - 10:28 AM.

• onediadem, crazy1, buteo and 2 others like this

#26 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,597 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 10:38 AM

Being stuck with us, and some cabin fever is, I suppose, better than the tavern having a jar on the bar marked, "The get TVC out of town fund."

• onediadem, TVCasualty, crazy1 and 2 others like this

#27 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:26 AM

I found a GIF that sums it up nicely, lol...

giphy.gif

• onediadem, crazy1 and buteo like this

#28 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:56 AM

Well I'm still here. They got the parts in and the problem was finding used parts, which are a lot cheaper. He said he's saved me $1500 so far, which sounds good but when that's just what I'll be saving then I imagine the bill is going to be a gut-punch.

I spent an hour and a half on hold trying to get corporate apologists to explain why their policies keep changing in their financial favor and I found a prior fraudulent charge on my CC bill so today I expect to be on hold for at least another hour since my call got cut off after all that waiting and nothing was accomplished. I'm now owed nearly a $1000 in fraudulent charge refunds and overpayment of car insurance after my truck got stolen.

So by yesterday afternoon all the friction and pent-up energy had me running around in circles at the house kind of like this:

HotOne.jpg

Trying to dissipate all the energy that's been building up while I've been pinned to the ground is starting to be a problem.

It's wonderful that the universe is paying so much attention to you, Teev.   I remember when the bait was fresh for you and you knew you had it made, here in the fizz. 

Here's a post I wrote shortly after arriving, and offers some insight into my enthusiasm at the time:

https://mycotopia.ne...7/#entry1331774

I don't get celestial events mixed up with business decisions anymore, so that's progress I guess.

I get to borrow a car today, so this afternoon I get to have clean clothes and restock the fridge so I can continue my somber automotive vigil.

I think it's interesting that this quote is from a renowned mystic (Rumi, and I'm quoting the best I can from memory since all my books are 500 miles away): A monkey in a cage is the same as a pig, not because there's anything fundamentally changed about the monkey but simply because it is unable to freely exercise its capabilities.

Something about that quote really resonates lately.

Edited by TVCasualty, 04 September 2019 - 06:59 AM.

• onediadem, coorsmikey and buteo like this

#29 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 08:45 AM

Alder, your epithet should be "Alder, the Wise". i enjoy reading your posts! Always gives me this feeling of calm..

I would nominate him as the official Obi-Wan Kenobi of Mycotopia, lol.

• onediadem, crazy1, coorsmikey and 1 other like this

#30 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:55 AM

It seems to be a matter of timing. I would guess that you've had a rough patch or two in the past just like I've had an easy-breezy life at times in the past. Same goes for everyone else, eventually (well, except for the easy-breezy times; some folks never get those).

I would have "liked" that post but I ran out of likes today. This is the first time that's happened. I guess the cognitive changes currently under way are real, lol.

I've had my fill of sweeping up around the ashram this week, thank you very much.

And you may have gotten your wish since they "have to call me back," so here I still am, lol.

Life has gutted me repeatedly for sure, I didn't mean to sound otherwise. Right now, I am ~knock on wood, doing well. I think it has to do with changing my perspective on what is important to me, and actually need, rather that frivolous wants.

• TVCasualty, crazy1, coorsmikey and 1 other like this

#31 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

@TVCasualty, I'm hoping the costs for the car turns out to be less than you're expecting.. Sounds like they've already saved you a nice amount! And I'm glad you've been throwing off this energy in a healthy way. I'm also stoked that you'll be able to get some food and clean clothes!

I know this has been incredibly challenging, but it's seriously good to know that you're still learning, growing, and keeping your head on straight.

Edited by RainbowCatepillar, 04 September 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#32 buteo

buteo

Imbicilzzzz

• OG VIP
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

WOW! whoa there's everybody....sorry was just away a couple days let me catch up on this reading! i didnt think anyone would answer....really surprised....ill have annoying opinions for everyone once i read it i can give you my 2 cents...:D

• TVCasualty, crazy1, coorsmikey and 1 other like this

#33 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 05:57 PM

Watching a mediocre hurricane build. Very nice.

#34 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,160 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 06:02 PM

Hey buteo!

Good ta see ya here.

Nothing really happening here except ripping the house apart and putting it back together.

Also making the odd home brew and smoking some meat.  The meat is a little hard to light though. ;)

#35 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:06 PM

Alto cumulus lenticular cloud building during so far high wind but still mediocre hurricane 03e31a44f461ca9bcde5a64d9b9ab801.jpg22ccd9e5215f4fac6e45bb790ee44c7b.jpg
  • RainbowCatepillar likes this

#36 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 07:12 PM

More sky action about a hour later wind is getting a bit scary I just wanted to share pics of sky. Very neat .c9d9124381f8c81418686fcd82ecf505.jpg997f17bfeeb2343c7758ab4c18e3871a.jpg
  • RainbowCatepillar and SporeyMF like this

#37 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:51 AM

More sky action about a hour later wind is getting a bit scary I just wanted to share pics of sky. Very neat .<script data-pagespeed-no-defer type="text/javascript">//b||1342177279>>=1)c+=c;return a};q!=p&&null!=q&&g(h,n,{configurable:!0,writable:!0,value:q});var t=this;function u(b,c){var a=b.split("."),d=t;a[0]in d||!d.execScript||d.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===c?d[e]?d=d[e]:d=d[e]={}:d[e]=c};function v(b){var c=b.length;if(0=c.offsetWidth&&0>=c.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{d=c.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=d.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);d=d.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+d;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.g.height&&d<=b.g.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.c[e]=!0)}y.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&z(this,b)};u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){x.checkImageForCriticality(b)});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){A(x)});function A(b){b.b={};for(var c=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],d=0;d=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.i&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(B())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),c=!0);C=a;if©{d=b.h;b=b.j;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch®{try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(D){}}f&&(f.open("POST",d+(-1==d.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}}function B(){var b={},c;c=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(!c.length)return{};var a=c[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var d=0;a=c[d];++d){var e=a.getAttribute("data-pagespeed-url-hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].o&&a.height>=b[e].m)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b}var C="";u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return C});u("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,c,a,d,e,f){var r=new y(b,c,a,e,f);x=r;d&&w(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){A®},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','https://mycotopia.ne...ums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=107356&p=1421565&md5check=c830df3e7eb0891d1902e93120e61b25&isRte=1,lMGhzzyjA5,true,false,a0Se9AxBRLM'); //]]></script> c9d9124381f8c81418686fcd82ecf505.jpg997f17bfeeb2343c7758ab4c18e3871a.jpg&&0){for(var>)throw>

Had to google "Alto cumulus lenticular cloud". Amazing formation!
Thanks for dropping that concept! I loveeee learning about nature!

#38 makinbones69

makinbones69

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 12:54 PM

They usually stay around mountain ranges except in rare cases of extreme upper air turbulence it was neat to see them here. That cloud is bad news for airplanes.

#39 Tomfa

Tomfa

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:28 PM

I am currently going through one of the most challenging times in my life..
I understand that there will be more "most challenging times in my life" but I
feel that I am not yet fully equipped to handle adversity in a healthy way. I have
been getting my ass absolutely kicked by life. I am trying my best to see that life is
beautiful regardless of the circumstantial, but it is extremely difficult when I have issues 
in my life that are pressing and stressful. My struggle to find jobs, my school workload, the 
pathologies of my family and friends affecting my psyche, and my general anxiety and OCD issues 
are culminating in an absolutely difficult life experience. I am not blaming others for my life circumstances, 
I just find it difficult to not be affected by these many factors. I am almost afraid to trip right now because I don't want
to have my sadness writ large in a psychedelic experience. However, I will continue to push good vibes out to the world
because I love you guys. I love people. I love life. I just hope that my darkness does not consume me because thoughts of 
checking out are strong right now. Anyways, I hope everyone else is doing well and able to overcome the difficulties in life gracefully..
I send you all love and well wishes during my Metta meditations. :D

Rainbow, I think many folks have been in similar ways once or twice, or several times throughout their lives, and that includes me. My last low was right pretty fast because I did something different. I used a bit of my free time to volunteer a few hours a week at a veteran nursing home. Experiences I've gained with this made me get out of my own way, my own head, and expanded my appreciate for the life I have, regardless of a few bad moments in my life. Talking with people who have gone through amazing experiences, horrible traumas, and end of life viewpoints is something that made me realize the steps we take throughout our short fortunate life, and sadly comes to an end too soon for so many, so today, I'm glad to have woken up, and will be grateful if I wake up each and every tomorrow.
  • crazy1, Alder Logs and RainbowCatepillar like this

#40 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 118 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 08:36 PM

I am currently going through one of the most challenging times in my life..
I understand that there will be more "most challenging times in my life" but I
feel that I am not yet fully equipped to handle adversity in a healthy way. I have
been getting my ass absolutely kicked by life. I am trying my best to see that life is
beautiful regardless of the circumstantial, but it is extremely difficult when I have issues 
in my life that are pressing and stressful. My struggle to find jobs, my school workload, the 
pathologies of my family and friends affecting my psyche, and my general anxiety and OCD issues 
are culminating in an absolutely difficult life experience. I am not blaming others for my life circumstances, 
I just find it difficult to not be affected by these many factors. I am almost afraid to trip right now because I don't want
to have my sadness writ large in a psychedelic experience. However, I will continue to push good vibes out to the world
because I love you guys. I love people. I love life. I just hope that my darkness does not consume me because thoughts of 
checking out are strong right now. Anyways, I hope everyone else is doing well and able to overcome the difficulties in life gracefully..
I send you all love and well wishes during my Metta meditations. :D

Rainbow, I think many folks have been in similar ways once or twice, or several times throughout their lives, and that includes me. My last low was right pretty fast because I did something different. I used a bit of my free time to volunteer a few hours a week at a veteran nursing home. Experiences I've gained with this made me get out of my own way, my own head, and expanded my appreciate for the life I have, regardless of a few bad moments in my life. Talking with people who have gone through amazing experiences, horrible traumas, and end of life viewpoints is something that made me realize the steps we take throughout our short fortunate life, and sadly comes to an end too soon for so many, so today, I'm glad to have woken up, and will be grateful if I wake up each and every tomorrow.

Tomfa, I appreciate your words of wisdom. Thank you so much for reminding me to practice gratitude. When I posted the above, I was being a sour apple. I feel much better after talking to you all and continuing my inner work. By the way, I am also glad you woke up! Sending love your way my friend! :)

• Tomfa likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!