Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Magic Mushroom Reference in the old testament?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Severian

Severian

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 08:27 PM

I'm slowly consuming 'Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms', and I get to a part where Stamets mentions that the word

'Psilocybe' is Greek for 'Bald Head'

which triggers a memory of my most loved Bible verse, (no I don't actually swing that way, read on),

which is 

'

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them'

So Mr strong Man prophet, tired of getting heckled by a bunch of kids, calls down with his piteous power and has a couple of bears run through them like a lawnmower through grass.

But was this power given to him by the almighty divine? or perhaps the insult 'bald head' was a reference to his relationship to the mushrooms that he and Elijah took to commune with the higher spirits? Elijah was just taken up to heaven in a chariot of fire after all.

#2 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:19 PM

Reminds me of the manna god leaves for Moses in his forty years in the desert every morning which consumed what dew it cold ,. And there was a man who created a machine now a days inspired by that bible story created a machine that created an edible algae if I remember correctly out of only air and the humidity there in,. I’ll try to find this and put a link? If u like? The machine was inspired by I believe what Moses described as the angel that gave the mana

#3 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 1,147 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

https://en.m.wikiped...e_Manna_Machine

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!