Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

One of the Strangest, unexplained experiences- or Atmospheric potentiation of psychadelic trips

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 09:22 PM

Hey all,

Been reminiscing today about an incredibly weird experience I had, figured I'd share it for you're entertainment (and thoughts)

Very experienced adventurer here- with swimming legs and merit badges for a host of three four and five lettered and numbered acronyms.

The tale I'm about to relay is one involving LSD- which so happens to be the substance I'm most familiar with, though no longer in love with,  not in small part thanks to the story I'm about to tell.

One fine evening, I met up with some friends I hadnt seen in a long while; after dinner, they took off to go visit family and left me cabin sitting for them. They had a tiny cabin in the woods in northern california- in a fairly remote place. Huge cedars, beautiful loamy forest, manzanita and posion oak.  

In said cabin, I had my new jericho 6 string baritone electric guitar, as well as a full size yamaha electric piano that were both begging for my attention. With the nearest neighboors being a half mile up the dirt road, the evening just begged for some LSD and some shredding ^headbangemoji^

I just so happened to have a tab of acid  that I had been saving for a special occasion; and decided that this was the time. But, not wanting to trip so hard, I only ate half of the tab. I'd been carrying it around for months, and figured due to heat and handling, it would be a very mild dose.

Boy was I fucking wrong.

After a short time I started coming up hard. Super rocky like- like a spaceship experiencing atmospheric turbulence upon reentry but in the opposite direction.

Hmm I think, this is odd- it feels like I took at least 10 times what I took- and I know that this isn't strong LSD.

At this point, it's storming outside, raining, loud thunder; getting kind of cold in the cabin, so I pull myself together best as possible and venture outdoors to grab some wood for the woodstove- Outdoors the storm feels charged- electric - malevolent, and I head back in as quick as possible.

After a few minutes, the door opens violently, and in from the storm storms the two neighboors from up the road. Both of whom were people I used to live with on a commune close by.

''Did you DOSE US?!'  Paul asks super aggro. 'We're frying reallllly hard' beatrice adds'    At this point the energy in the room is just fucking weird-   they both seem even more spun than I was.   I try to explain that I'm also tripping mega- 'You dosed us'   Paul is still accusing me.

I'm able to diffuse this situation thank god, as the energy in that room was the stuff that murder is made of, and am able to explain to him that, while I am also flying higher than I'd like, that there was no possible way for me to dose them as A, I had only the one tab that I ate. 

I make this sound simple here, but It was probably a 15 minute back and forth.

Bea goes on to explain herself, that both of them had been on a bit of an acid bender over the last few months, and we're eating large large doses- and qutie familar with what a ten strip felt like, but  that evening, they'd both only taken a small dose (of their own stash) and now felt like theyd eaten 20+ each.

That energy finally cools off a bit, and we collectively accept that something fucking weird spiked our individual acid stashes, and they head back up to their house.

I spend the rest of the night doing my best to hold myself together, and I admit, not doing a very good job of it.

so, the question remains,

What the FUCK was that?

What could possibly have been the cause that two separate groups of people, who just so happened to take DIFFERENT LSD at about the same time, within half a mile of eachother, could suddenly start experiencing trips that were far far far more potent than the dose should have provided?

Astrological Conjunctions?

Geomagnetic Solar storms?

Eclipse of the Mothership?

Sasquatch's Subsonic mating call?

• onediadem, Coopdog, darci and 6 others like this

#2 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:06 PM

"Sasquatch's Subsonic mating call?"

That seems to be the only reasonable explanation lol

Crazy story! Glad you were able to diffuse that tense situation!
Was that the last time you ever dropped acid?

• onediadem and Skywatcher like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:33 PM

I  agree with Sasquatch being the culprit lol. It takes some serious nerve to jump into someones ship while already having left the harbor!

On a lighter note, I believe it had to do with the pressure from the storm. Was the moon full by any chance? I had a similar experience happen the last time I tripped, and I know for a fact it was well aged Lucy, as the gel tabs had dried out. For myself, I always dose large with Miss L, but those two tabs felt like 15.. And while I have dosed that much per usual since I started tripping in my teens, I just happened to dose light because of tripping with someone. It freaked the person I was with out so bad that I had to call an ambulance out just to calm him down. He seriously thought I had poisoned him lol. Mind you, this was after I had taken his blood pressure, and checked his glucose level. ( I went against my own rule to never trip with anyone ever again, but was reassured numerous times he was an experienced psychonaut..NOPE) Do you have any idea how difficult it was for me to keep laughter at bay while they were examining him? OMG. Long story short, he was fine and I was once again seriously reminded that I trip alone.

Shit just happens, even on a good day.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and 3 others like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,837 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:38 PM

One of my most amazing trips involved a rockin' thunderstorm and 40 liberty caps.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, SteampunkScientist and 2 others like this

#5 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 11:47 PM

Wow, you are all so experienced lolll
I guess everyone has a challenging trip every once in a while, eh? 

@Onediadem, have you had more bad experiences tripping with others? What made you realize it was best to trip alone?

@Alder Logs, that sounds like absolute insanity! The thunder didn't scare the hell out of you while you tripped?!

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,837 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:03 AM

I have always loved thunderstorms.  I was part of that one, and at about 25, with my old lady at the time, and my favorite uncle in his upper 60s, all of us on 40 LCs, in my tiny cabin, we all seemed to know, especially my uncle, that I was somehow a part of the energy of that storm.  We could feel the tension just before every nearby lightning bolt.  It was my uncle's first thing stronger than pot.  After that, I decided 30 was the right number.  I would get quite blasted out on 30.

Edited by Alder Logs, 04 September 2019 - 12:05 AM.

#7 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:20 AM

@Alder Logs,

My gawd! I can't even imagine being able to function on that much lol
You have one of the strongest minds I've ever had the pleasure of encountering!
That's actually quite an amazing story lol

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 12:59 AM

That was really odd to read. I just had a strange acid trip myself. My acid is pretty old as well and has been damn consistently good. There is a chunk of it that is out of this world good, and This past weekend I tore three of those off, giving my wife one and two for me, planning on a mind bending trip. I know a lot of people would laugh at two hits being a mind bender, but this stuff was laid to impress, and damned if it had ever done anything but impress the hell out of me. Soooo, I have the two kinds mixed together and except for the one dark purple section of blotter which I know is the strong stuff, the rest is rolling the dice. You never know what you are gonna get, either two is a nice comfortable smiley trip or two is grab your ass and hold on for the ride. You can usually tell within an hour which one you got ahold of. 

This time we dosed with a big meal fresh on our tummies, so I expected it to take a while to come on. This is our usual routine so nothing unusual there. The wife tripped well on the one she took, but an hour into mine I was pretty damn uncomfortable. We usually watch movies for the first 2-3 hours and then grab up the musical instruments ourself and rock the hell out for the rest of the night. Let me say I have never in my life had a bad acid trip, and this never went that far south, but it never got me there either. The one my wife ate and tripped well on was attached to the two I ate from the same line of blotter. Up to now there has been not a single let down in the bunch and I been using the same stuff since about 2007 and it is as good as it ever was. 

Well, we watched two movies as I waited to fall hard and get off on the good dose I thought I took. I started to trip, I really did, and we played music for a couple of hours, but the music was rattling my nerves and ear drums. The wife was pretty disconcerted and kept blaming herself for my not so great night. We toned it down and watched a couple more movies that she had bought just for the all nighter we had planned. By 5 am I could not WAIT to turn the tv off and give my ears a rest. We did not dose until 7 pm, so normally I would still be having visuals 16 hours later with this blotter and I expected to be up until at least noon the next day, and the wife was. She said she tripped her ass off on one of them. 

I even went outside and just could not find a groove I was comfortable with. I dont know what the hell happened, but it was not the trip I expected. We rarely dip into the good stuff because it is such a fucking powerful ride so we save it for much needed brain benders. I feel uncomfortable even discussing it, because the wife had a rocking good night, but for me it was something I just had to get through. Nothing really bad mindset wise, but I was uncomfortable through the whole thing, and that NEVER happens for me with LSD. Usually a guaranteed night of laughs love and music. Gonna try again this next weekend I hope... Wish me luck because I really needed that. I wonder if my soul is just too twizted right now to find a groove even on acid... I sure hope not because it is my only pressure relief valve and man the pressure has been on! 

• Skywatcher and flashingrooster like this

#9 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 01:24 AM

@Coopdog, 

sending you all the well-wishes I can muster my friend! I know things have been hectic for you, as you expressed in a previous post. 
You know how life has a strange way of working itself out.. It has every time things got crazy, hasn't it? Do what you can and trust that it will. Much love!

Alder Logs, we could use some of your wisdom right now.. :)

Edited by RainbowCatepillar, 04 September 2019 - 01:25 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 02:43 AM

Rainbowcaterpillar, I have complete confidence that it will. Rough times never last, and the sun always shines again. Just got to ride the ups and downs to get back to the light again. I am very fortunate in my life, and the worst of my petty problems is nothing compared to most other peoples. All is well, just trying to grab some of that elusive joy that I know is there for me. All will be well, and is for the most part. Thank you! I wish you well too! 

• RainbowCatepillar likes this

#11 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 10:46 AM

@Onediadem, have you had more bad experiences tripping with others? What made you realize it was best to trip alone?

Every single time I have tripped with other people, even if I waited to make sure they were sound in their trip before I dosed myself, shit has gone sideways. I am a critical thinker, and a fast action gal that thinks fast on my feet. The only person I will trip with is my sister because of the connection I have with her and we are identical thinkers and can telepathically communicate. Everyone else has been a buzz kill and nightmare that I have had to either spend my trip playing medic, calming them down or restraining. There is no fun in that for me whatsoever. So, solo is how I roll.

• Coopdog, Tenderfoot and Skywatcher like this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:13 AM

Here is my theory... 

Paper acid  is soaked in solution and allowed to dry.  But here's the kicker, if someone dips the paper into the solution and the holds it by the corner, the solution drips down to the opposite corner.

That tab on the opposite corner? Yeah that one.  It gets a whole lot stronger when the papers are dipped this way.  The proper way is to dip it flat, and lay it flat on the dying surface.  So it is not that surprising that you get tabs that are weak, and tabs that are way stronger.

• Coopdog, Tenderfoot, makinbones69 and 1 other like this

#13 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 11:58 AM

Every single time I have tripped with other people, even if I waited to make sure they were sound in their trip before I dosed myself, shit has gone sideways. I am a critical thinker, and a fast action gal that thinks fast on my feet. The only person I will trip with is my sister because of the connection I have with her and we are identical thinkers and can telepathically communicate. Everyone else has been a buzz kill and nightmare that I have had to either spend my trip playing medic, calming them down or restraining. There is no fun in that for me whatsoever. So, solo is how I roll.

Awww jeez, that sounds annoying loll
You sound like a very caring person. An Empath. 
I'm sure these people you've saved are grateful to you..
But I totally understand why you refuse to trip with people other

than your sister. I couldn't imagine anyone having to deal with me 

back when I had a bad trip a couple years ago. That sounds insane

to deal with especially while you're tripping yourself! What the heck! 

#14 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 September 2019 - 09:21 PM

I  agree with Sasquatch being the culprit lol. It takes some serious nerve to jump into someones ship while already having left the harbor!

On a lighter note, I believe it had to do with the pressure from the storm. Was the moon full by any chance? I had a similar experience happen the last time I tripped, and I know for a fact it was well aged Lucy, as the gel tabs had dried out. For myself, I always dose large with Miss L, but those two tabs felt like 15.. And while I have dosed that much per usual since I started tripping in my teens, I just happened to dose light because of tripping with someone. It freaked the person I was with out so bad that I had to call an ambulance out just to calm him down. He seriously thought I had poisoned him lol. Mind you, this was after I had taken his blood pressure, and checked his glucose level. ( I went against my own rule to never trip with anyone ever again, but was reassured numerous times he was an experienced psychonaut..NOPE) Do you have any idea how difficult it was for me to keep laughter at bay while they were examining him? OMG. Long story short, he was fine and I was once again seriously reminded that I trip alone.

As far as a full moon- I don't recall- it was too cloudy that night to tell anyway. Could have been, but I feel like I checked and was astonished it wasn't.

I also prefer to dose (with anything) alone.    

My observation is that our we are plagued by a double sided self-reinforcing feedback loop surrounding psychadelic culture in the west (I speak about the majority), being that all entheogens fall under the umbrella-stereotype of  hippie culture- tie die, jam bands, festivals, school busses- or the rave scene- Human being's learn by imitation; and if these expressions of these substances are all people have to go on, then their personal experiences are going to build up in a very specific shape- the giggle fits dubstep lightshow shape.

Thus barring any possiblity of any more profound experience taking place.

Expectations affecting the outcome.

So for those who are less imaginative, or more conditioned or both; even an ' experienced psychonaut' could be 100 trips experienced with sticking his toesies in the kiddie pool with floaties on, but that doesn't at all mean he has his swimming legs.  Quality of experience trumps quantity of experience every time.

I've always been drawn to these deeper explorations- but in a setting with other people who go into the trip with the above mentioned conceptions, while also having a  fragile conception of self, there is an energetic tension present between the intention to grow/shed/heal/expand and that of subconsciously doing anything to cling desperately to the crumbling facade of the ego.

This being the primary 'Not on the same wavelength' phenomenon that I no longer care to engage in.

On a similar note- as a longtime musician- the frustration I feel when there's a lot of people around, say in a party setting, who have instruments and want to jam, and then I get roped into it even though I drag my heels at first, and then it's just nails on a chalkboard super disorganized and no one but me present has any real experience-

It's like this-  Music is music, when you have a group of people GROOVING TOGETHER, you mention telepathy above- and this is the best word that exists that can describe it- it's intuitive, unspoken, and FELT- all on the same wavelength-  or,  and this is where language does it's confusing thing it's so good at because of laziness of the mental dictionary-  there can be a group of people, playing music AT each other, - Though Music 1. and Music 2. are clearly NOT the same thing, and so it should be impossible to use the same word to describe them. 

Of course, to the discerning ear, Music 2. is not music at all, but noise.

( it is important to note that the prerequisite for the GROOVING TOGETHER spoken of above, is everybody, individually doing their homework and practicing those fucking scales over and over and over again)

Comparing this to the realm of psychadelia- there are those experiences, shared with people you're in tune with, which have expansive undertones and a transcendant quality, and then there are those experienced in the same physical location, but the vibes are more like a four year old trashing his dad's crash symbol.

• Coopdog, Thirdeyeplants, Boorick76 and 1 other like this

#15 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,727 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2019 - 01:42 AM

Severian, that was an amazing piece of writing there. I loved the analogy with music to tripping with other people. I rarely (Damn near never) trip with anyone around whatsoever but my wife. We tell our adult children to hold and field all calls or anyone knocking on the door, crank up the lasers and the music and drag out all the instruments and it is just the two of us grooving together with music and souls both. That is why I was jolted to not find our usual groove, because I know it is there sober or tripping, so I was surprised I couldn't find it. I will try again soon, but for tonight it is our 35th anniversary and I am just gonna turn off the damn computer and jam with my girl for a while. We got this tripping or not. :)

• Moonless, Randys67, Severian and 1 other like this

#16 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:56 AM

Severian, that was an amazing piece of writing there. I loved the analogy with music to tripping with other people. I rarely (Damn near never) trip with anyone around whatsoever but my wife. We tell our adult children to hold and field all calls or anyone knocking on the door, crank up the lasers and the music and drag out all the instruments and it is just the two of us grooving together with music and souls both. That is why I was jolted to not find our usual groove, because I know it is there sober or tripping, so I was surprised I couldn't find it. I will try again soon, but for tonight it is our 35th anniversary and I am just gonna turn off the damn computer and jam with my girl for a while. We got this tripping or not. :)

Wow, souds like you and your wife have a wonderful connection! Happy 35th!

Hope you two have been enjoying uninterrupted quality time together!

• Coopdog likes this

#17 RainbowCatepillar

RainbowCatepillar

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:56 AM

As far as a full moon- I don't recall- it was too cloudy that night to tell anyway. Could have been, but I feel like I checked and was astonished it wasn't.

I also prefer to dose (with anything) alone.    

My observation is that our we are plagued by a double sided self-reinforcing feedback loop surrounding psychadelic culture in the west (I speak about the majority), being that all entheogens fall under the umbrella-stereotype of  hippie culture- tie die, jam bands, festivals, school busses- or the rave scene- Human being's learn by imitation; and if these expressions of these substances are all people have to go on, then their personal experiences are going to build up in a very specific shape- the giggle fits dubstep lightshow shape.

Thus barring any possiblity of any more profound experience taking place.

Expectations affecting the outcome.

So for those who are less imaginative, or more conditioned or both; even an ' experienced psychonaut' could be 100 trips experienced with sticking his toesies in the kiddie pool with floaties on, but that doesn't at all mean he has his swimming legs.  Quality of experience trumps quantity of experience every time.

I've always been drawn to these deeper explorations- but in a setting with other people who go into the trip with the above mentioned conceptions, while also having a  fragile conception of self, there is an energetic tension present between the intention to grow/shed/heal/expand and that of subconsciously doing anything to cling desperately to the crumbling facade of the ego.

This being the primary 'Not on the same wavelength' phenomenon that I no longer care to engage in.

On a similar note- as a longtime musician- the frustration I feel when there's a lot of people around, say in a party setting, who have instruments and want to jam, and then I get roped into it even though I drag my heels at first, and then it's just nails on a chalkboard super disorganized and no one but me present has any real experience-

It's like this-  Music is music, when you have a group of people GROOVING TOGETHER, you mention telepathy above- and this is the best word that exists that can describe it- it's intuitive, unspoken, and FELT- all on the same wavelength-  or,  and this is where language does it's confusing thing it's so good at because of laziness of the mental dictionary-  there can be a group of people, playing music AT each other, - Though Music 1. and Music 2. are clearly NOT the same thing, and so it should be impossible to use the same word to describe them. 

Of course, to the discerning ear, Music 2. is not music at all, but noise.

( it is important to note that the prerequisite for the GROOVING TOGETHER spoken of above, is everybody, individually doing their homework and practicing those fucking scales over and over and over again)

Comparing this to the realm of psychadelia- there are those experiences, shared with people you're in tune with, which have expansive undertones and a transcendant quality, and then there are those experienced in the same physical location, but the vibes are more like a four year old trashing his dad's crash symbol.

This was incredibly insightful and beautifully written!

#18 Severian

Severian

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:08 AM

Ah- Enjoy it! giving you some jammy vibes :meditate:

• Coopdog likes this

#19 DarkNchildlike

DarkNchildlike

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 06:11 PM

I always was given a raw vial and then I would make a square of tinfoil ten cm by ten cm with the edges very tall and foldable and I put 110 lb watercolor paper in Fold it so that no air or light gets in,. It sits 24 hrs then I have a sheet of 100 and I just keep the tin foil ;) that shits just as good

#20 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:53 PM

Who on earth taught you guys how to lay out sheets?

• TVCasualty and coorsmikey like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!