5 replies to this topic

#1 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 406 posts

Donator

Posted 05 September 2019 - 03:48 PM

So about 2 weeks ago I had a interview as a cultivation tech.
I live in a state that only allows medicinal, but anyway, I get a call today with a job offer from this company......man I'm fucking stoked !!!!
To get paid for just growing weed? Fuck yeah !!!
Then I started thinking, I have a background. I don't have any felonies but I do have 2 DUI's, I won't go into detail of them but to simplify it, one was legit, the other was caused by another person.
So it got me wondering, if those 2 dui's could be a deal breaker that can stop me from doing the one of the things I love to do.
I'm hoping that I will get the green light (no pun intended), to go and can start working with this company. My starting wage is tits as all fuck because of what I do know.
Has anyone else had to face this issue in states that allow growing?

Not only that but, then I gotta try and talk my woman into moving 2 hrs. south of where we already are, now this presents a bit of a issue. I have a 16 year old boy that'll have to pack up and move along and a woman that's making almost 15 a hr. and it's a job she don't want to give it up.....I fucking respect that.
How does one try and explain that it's a potential better situation without causing the family structure to fall apart?

Edited by Baphom3t, 05 September 2019 - 04:01 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Juthro and 1 other like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,820 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2019 - 09:30 PM

I can not offer much advice here my friend, but I hope it all works out to allow you to take that awesome offer..........

• Baphom3t, Juthro and RainbowCatepillar like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

Would the place allow you to stay on site while you are working? Then you wouldn't have to uproot the fam, and only have to commute a couple days a week. Just a thought. Thats a tough one tho. Best of luck!

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,582 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 September 2019 - 11:44 PM

I don't have any advice here, but I hope it works out the way you want it to.  You deserve a good break brother.

Good vibes, and good luck :)

• Baphom3t likes this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:45 AM

With a kid 16 years old, uprooting him right now could cause him major problems, especially if he is a good kid now and comfortable in his groove. I don't know how tight or forever your marriage is, but if it is tight and right, you might be able to work out a part time split in your time for the next two years and let your kid finish out his school where he is. Lots of variables here, but good opportunities are very fucking rare in this world especially for folks prone to loving marijuana and living that lifestyle. If your kid is hating life where he is (as most 16 year olds are) he might just welcome this sea change in his life right now. 

Your wife's job is another thing that can hinder you, but $15 an hour is entirely doable in most economies. Not sure what money you would consider Tits as Fuck, but if you are moving into a situation that could really change your life, then that is worth a little discomfort in the mean time. Give your wife all the consideration in the world, but bring the kid in on it too, he is almost an adult and old enough to be emancipated in most places. People like us don't get many life changing offers like that and that golden ring may never come again. 

I grew pot for 30+ years, and have a true talent for it. I always figured I would have a place in the modern marijuana world as it was evolving, but instead my soul told me to step off and give it up oddly enough. Just as it became legal, I had a true guilt complex and bad lung problems, that made me decide to give it up entirely. I still take an odd toke here and there if the wife finds something exceptional, but could piss clean about 98% of the time. If you asked me 5 years ago I would have never even considered this change in my life, but it happened. I think I just did everything with it until I got sick of it in the end. Most people think it is a dream job, but it truly is a job, and a chore to grow fine weed, especially in a repeatable and reliably controlled fashion. You might find it is not as much a dream job as it is just another fucking never ending chore, but some folks were born for this. It just came up a little late in my own game. 

I truly wish you and yours the best whatever you decide to do. Rock it brother!  EDIT: REMEMBER, if Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy. :)

Edited by Coopdog, 06 September 2019 - 01:52 AM.

• Baphom3t, Oneyedraven and makinbones69 like this

#6 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,302 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:50 PM

I can totally vouch for everything you touched on Coop. What was a fun enjoyable hobby for me turned into the biggest dread. It is totally different growing for a boss than growing for yourself. It is a high stress situation. I ended up telling my boss to shove it and just walked out. Hopefully you will have a better go at it. Is this a start up or an established business? If it is a start up, personally I would pass because the expectations for financial returns make people almost insufferable.

• Coopdog, Alder Logs and Moonless like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!