• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 08:10 AM

I ran across this article the other day and found it and it's contents quite interesting. This "Church" does not pose a deity to follow or a book that has all the answers. 

They say the cannabis is the answer/sacrament, and it is not required that you partake in any of the sacrament.

A church based on love and helping people out without judgement.

Here is a link to the article First Church of Cannabis

There are some links there that you can follow and see what their "beliefs" are.

Peace my friends

• Juthro, Moonless and Randys67 like this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,640 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:27 PM

I am 100% behind supporting the creation of a society that embodies such traits.

Churches, however, are superfluous. They may even be detrimental to the expansion of the kind of personal freedom that is inextricably intertwined with cannabis legalization because the attempt to fit a new paradigm into an obsolete cultural phenomenon is arguably problematic from its inception. It also opens up a greater opportunity for established religions to co-opt the scene, which would be a travesty.

We don't need any excuses or arcane justifications for the freedom of self-determination. On the contrary, those who seek to curtail the personal freedoms of others should bear the burden of proving to everyone else why their proposed restrictions are justified.

• crazy1 likes this

#3 crazy1

crazy1

Celestial Traveler

• VIP
  • 2,344 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:07 AM

Thanks for your input TV.

This "church" was formed to buck the system in my opinion. As Cannabis is illegal in Indiana still, this gives them the right to practice their beliefs without persecution from the "establishment".

I know a few "members" of this "church" and they are some amazing people, and the founder is quite a great guy from what they have said. Not saying he is anything but a great speaker and able to spread the love. The most interesting part is he is now running for Governor of Indiana.

And to me, their "Deity Dozen" is just a great set of "rules" to follow

1. Don't be an a**h***. Treat everyone with love as an equal.

2. The day starts with your smile every morning, when you get up, wear it first.

3. Help others when you can. Not for money, but because it's needed.

4. Treat your body as a temple. Do not poison it with poor quality foods and sodas.

5. Do not take advantage of people. Do not intentionally hurt anything.

6. Never start a fight … only finish them.

7. Grow food, raise animals, get nature into your daily routine.

8. Do not be a "troll" on the Internet, respect others without name calling and being vulgarly aggressive.

9. Spend at least 10 minutes a day just contemplating life in a quiet space.

10. When you see a bully… stop them by any means possible. Protect those who cannot protect themselves.

11. Laugh often, share humor. Have fun in life, be positive.

12. Cannabis. "the healing plant" is our sacrament. It brings us closer to ourselves and others. It is our fountain of health, our love, curing us from illness and depression. We embrace it with our whole heart and spirit, individually and as a group."

Your last statement here, I can't agree more with. It should be their job to justify why "they" put limits on what "we" can do to ourselves. But as it seems, they just lay down a "rule" and the sheeple fall in line........ sad

We don't need any excuses or arcane justifications for the freedom of self-determination. On the contrary, those who seek to curtail the personal freedoms of others should bear the burden of proving to everyone else why their proposed restrictions are justified.

• TVCasualty likes this

#4 KunLong

KunLong

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:51 PM

But we shouldn't have to throw the baby and the bath water out for anybody/everybodys personal vanity or desire of atheism or even the philosophical position of "self determination" - if they even exist?

I guess the important point for me is that they are clear about not hiding behind God for another purpose - there's a major breakthrough - kooky or not, they state that its about the pot.
I couldn't do that but I don't have to. Bible covers me and I give thanks to the one who left the pot here for me. (I even imagine goofy stuff like the God floating over picking the beans out of a bowl as where it came from....25% native)

I agree you don't need a justification or permission and even more so, to make a false pretence to obtain one, that lowers people to their own self and inappropriately gratifies their tyrants.
The first lie you "have to", the devil assumes advantage and it should really be the other way around. (Brings me to congress, so I'll stop there)

#5 KunLong

KunLong

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:57 PM

Limit justifications were derived from physical toxity levels of chemical drugs that will poison people. The govt NOT letting industry poison people dead for the cash or even accidents.
Transferring that to an arbitrary, 6 snooty poofters talked basis is a little shaky unless it was supply/demand. But its not.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!