• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 GoldenEggs716

GoldenEggs716

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:26 PM

When Do You know the First flush is Over I have new ones Popping up constantly but their getting smaller in size??e6a718ecb855ae8a8ce4ac38d2193faf.jpgc0d83a1fb8c7ac04e06dd0818ecbc54f.jpg
  • Rantrapr likes this

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

Flushes often come in kind of like a Bell curve, especially with multispore grows.

There's usually an early mushroom or two, then a bunch (the bulk of the flush), then some stragglers. Pick 'em when it looks like the largest bunch is maturing, and grab them just before the veil breaks, then go ahead and clean off the rest and dunk the cake. They will form new pins for the next flush.

• Shadowlord and RainbowCatepillar like this

#3 GoldenEggs716

GoldenEggs716

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

Flushes often come in kind of like a Bell curve, especially with multispore grows.

There's usually an early mushroom or two, then a bunch (the bulk of the flush), then some stragglers. Pick 'em when it looks like the largest bunch is maturing, and grab them just before the veil breaks, then go ahead and clean off the rest and dunk the cake. They will form new pins for the next flush.

Awesome Thank Man looks like it’s time to Pick n Clean!!

#4 GoldenEggs716

GoldenEggs716

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:13 PM

After each Flush should I clean the FC?? I mean I’ve not had any problems with contam but I know stale water can cause them??

#5 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

I don't bother. They're fairly resistant to contams at this stage.

You don't want standing puddles of water sitting there in your FC, though.

• Shadowlord likes this

#6 cybele

cybele

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:20 PM

After each Flush should I clean the FC?? I mean I’ve not had any problems with contam but I know stale water can cause them??

No harm no foul when it comes to cleaning in this hobby. A normal dunk being 12-18 hours should leave you plenty of time to clean up the FC. It looks like that cake has a lot of aborts. I would let the big ones finish, and pick it clean then dunk! Be careful with your misting!

• Shadowlord likes this

#7 GoldenEggs716

GoldenEggs716

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 06:35 PM

No harm no foul when it comes to cleaning in this hobby. A normal dunk being 12-18 hours should leave you plenty of time to clean up the FC. It looks like that cake has a lot of aborts. I would let the big ones finish, and pick it clean then dunk! Be careful with your misting!
Cleaned and Dunked how ever what do you mean by being careful on my misting, please explain!

#8 GoldenEggs716

GoldenEggs716

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 07:28 PM

I don't bother. They're fairly resistant to contams at this stage.

You don't want standing puddles of water sitting there in your FC, though.

there is like 1-1.5 in of water in the bottom do You I drain it? There is 1 in of perlit that covers it tho

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:26 PM

You can dump a bunch of salt in the water since it will inhibit bacterial and mold growth.

You can also ditch perlite completely and just set cakes on pieces of foamboard or whatever inside your FC. I would suggest that for future grows since it's less to prep and much easier to clean up your FC between grows.

• Shadowlord likes this

#10 GoldenEggs716

GoldenEggs716

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:43 PM

You can dump a bunch of salt in the water since it will inhibit bacterial and mold growth.

You can also ditch perlite completely and just set cakes on pieces of foamboard or whatever inside your FC. I would suggest that for future grows since it's less to prep and much easier to clean up your FC between grows.

This Might sound Stupid but how does that Create Humidity??

#11 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 11,330 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:11 PM

The foam board or whatever you set your cakes on is just to keep them off the bottom of the bin where standing water can accumulate (but is best not allowed to form large puddles).

The humidity comes from misting (spray the sides of the bin, not the cakes), and the lifting of the lid to do the misting provides them with more fresh air. Unless you live in an exceptionally dry climate then it's not hard to keep a bin humid enough to grow in without using perlite in it.

• Shadowlord and GoldenEggs716 like this

#12 GoldenEggs716

GoldenEggs716

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:04 AM

The foam board or whatever you set your cakes on is just to keep them off the bottom of the bin where standing water can accumulate (but is best not allowed to form large puddles).

The humidity comes from misting (spray the sides of the bin, not the cakes), and the lifting of the lid to do the misting provides them with more fresh air. Unless you live in an exceptionally dry climate then it's not hard to keep a bin humid enough to grow in without using perlite in it.

Thanks Will Try this on My next go around!!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!